Rs Brake Failure Lamp - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Sep 13th, 2009, 8:53 am Thread Starter

Smile Rs Brake Failure Lamp

I have a 04 RS and the brake failure lamp is on. The red triangle lamp is also on. The bike has been sitting for a couple of months and the battery seems a little weak. The brakes feel fine. I rode around the block and the lamp went off but came back on after it sat for about an hour. Any suggustions?

ALL BMW OWNERS SHARE THE SAME QUALITIES, TECHNICAL,SMART AND HELPFUL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Sep 13th, 2009, 9:55 am

Re: Rs Brake Failure Lamp

I have an 04 K1200RS. The only time my brake warning lights came on was for a low fluid level - the dealer had replaced the rear caliper but the tech didn't fill both rear reservoirs properly.

We also have an 04 R1150R that had the flashing warning light problem. Occasionally during a longer ride it would go out and I would think the problem was resolved. However it would be back the next time I went for a ride. A faulty tail light or brake light could produce these symptoms too, but that wasn't the problem for me. Finally I replaced the battery and I have not had the problem since then. I believe the brake systems on both bikes are very similar so the failing battery may be the same issue for you.

Dave

2008 K1200LT Biarritz Blue
2004 K1200RS Capri Blue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old Sep 15th, 2009, 11:32 am

Re: Rs Brake Failure Lamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty
I have a 04 RS and the brake failure lamp is on. The red triangle lamp is also on. The bike has been sitting for a couple of months and the battery seems a little weak. The brakes feel fine. I rode around the block and the lamp went off but came back on after it sat for about an hour. Any suggustions?
A low battery will cause this to happen, get it completely charged ... a ride around the block won't do it. Ride it for 40 minutes or put it on a battery tender.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in