'85 K100 problem, battery hook up
I have owned a '85 K100 for 2 years; I charged up the battery for the new season ; the problem: I attached the negative terminal first; when I just touch the positive with the connecting wire it starts to turn over., and the battery smells weird....what the hell? The key is off! This is the second time I've tried to install the battery; a few days ago I xcharged the battery, installed it, turned the key on and it wouldn't start; like the battery wasn't charged enough. I charged it this time for 2 days with a 2 amp charger. With a volt meter on it reads 12.4 volts...but now I can't connect it.....anyone know what is causing that to happen...please help, the good weather is here tommorrow...
Steve in Maine