Sac County CCW - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old Aug 31st, 2010, 5:30 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

Sac County CCW

If anyone is interested in getting one and resides in Sac County, apply. They are processing them and approving them.

Links to documents:

http://www.sacsheriff.com/forms/docu...app_letter.pdf
http://www.sacsheriff.com/forms/docu...cw_process.pdf
http://www.sacsheriff.com/forms/documents/ccw_app.pdf

For your good cause/need statement, PM me and I'll provide you with one that works. You will need to make minor word changes so it does not come accross as a template.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy

Last edited by RaffyK; Sep 1st, 2010 at 12:55 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old Sep 1st, 2010, 11:39 am

Re: Sac County CCW

They are finally seeing the writing on the wall. More good news yesterday as well.

IT'S A CLEAN SWEEP !!!!

AB1810 Long Gun Registration died on the INACTIVE file on the Senate floor.

AB 1934 open carry FAILED on the Assembly floor with no final vote because the Republican leadership ran out the clock to midnight and the constitutional deadline

AB 2358 (AB962 expansion) FAILED the final vote on the Senate Floor today 20Yes. - 17 No.

SB250 dog bill failed the final Assembly floor vote 27 yes 39 no

2012 Custom Twin Cam (Building now from the frame up)
2011 HD Road Glide Ultra (Sweet Ride)
2010 HD Road Glide (Traded)
2007 Triumph Rocket III Classic (Sold)
2007 HD SE Ultra - RIP
2006 KLR650 "SOLD"
2006 R1200RT "Traded"
2000 HD Road Glide "SOLD"
2001 HD Softail (Sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 22 Old Sep 1st, 2010, 1:50 pm

Question Re: Sac County CCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffyK
If anyone is interested in getting one and resides in Sac County, apply. They are processing them and approving them.

Links to documents:

For your good cause/need statement, PM me and I'll provide you with one that works. You will need to make minor word changes so it does not come accross as a template.
Anything similar for LA County? (he asked hopefull but already knowing the answer... )

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #4 of 22 Old Sep 1st, 2010, 2:25 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

Stay tuned. Sykes v McGinness may be the impetus for shall issue statewide.

Google and read the first one that comes up.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #5 of 22 Old Sep 1st, 2010, 5:27 pm

I hope EVERYONE who qualifies will SWAMP them with requests... I see new jobs for years =)

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #6 of 22 Old Sep 1st, 2010, 6:17 pm
Some guy on the Interwebs

80 apps in August, and all 80 were approved.

Hal
Lodi, California

If you aren't good for anything else, you can always serve as a bad example.

HDDC Posse

post #7 of 22 Old Sep 1st, 2010, 8:30 pm

Outstanding! Wish the idiots in charge here would wake up. They make it damn near impossible to get a license for an air rifle (which is considered a RIFLE) let alone try to get a permit to even possess a handgun in NYC. Only those that know the secret shake and password can get in. Maybe one day.......

Raymond Dell'Olio
Bronx, NY
718-530-5793
2000 K1200LT (Sold)

"A nation of sheep,
Owned by pigs,
Ruled by wolves."

post #8 of 22 Old Sep 1st, 2010, 9:25 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

The walls will be crumbling. It will just take time.

Raffy
post #9 of 22 Old Sep 7th, 2010, 4:48 pm

I hope to be "upstate" by then!!!! At least I will be able to buy a rifle without donating dna. Sure is a different world here on the East Coast.

Raymond Dell'Olio
Bronx, NY
718-530-5793
2000 K1200LT (Sold)

"A nation of sheep,
Owned by pigs,
Ruled by wolves."

post #10 of 22 Old Sep 9th, 2010, 8:47 am

Sheriff Candidate Jim Cooper Comes Out For Shall Issue

From Cooper's Campaign website. Read the rest here.
Quote:
I believe that a uniform "Shall Issue" law for the citizens of the State of California is the best way to ensure the constitutional right to keep and bear arms is protected for all of our citizens. However, this is an ongoing struggle that has yet to be won at the State level.

As your next Sheriff of Sacramento County, I will implement a fair and equitable policy consistent with "Shall Issue" philosophies within Sacramento County. My policy will allow ALL law-abiding citizens, who meet the training requirements and are not otherwise disqualified for cause, to obtain a CCW. As Sheriff, I will ensure my policy WILL include the issuance of a CCW for self-protection.

Dan-A
-----> BMW MOA # 137114
HDDC

2013 R1200GS LC
2009 HD XR1200 Sportster
post #11 of 22 Old Sep 9th, 2010, 9:16 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:

Links to documents:

For your good cause/need statement, PM me and I'll provide you with one that works. You will need to make minor word changes so it does not come across as a template.
So if you are licensed to carry and stopped for a traffic violation on a school street ( No permitted weapon is allowed within 1,000 feet of any school grounds.) you are in deep do-do?

I pass three schools on the way to work.

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #12 of 22 Old Sep 9th, 2010, 9:52 am

Another link:

Sheriff Issues more Permits, Stats

Not the 80 of 80 rumored.

Look at the pic in the article, scare tactic? Who can fit one of those in their pants?

Dan-A
-----> BMW MOA # 137114
HDDC

2013 R1200GS LC
2009 HD XR1200 Sportster
post #13 of 22 Old Sep 9th, 2010, 11:55 am
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-A
Another link:

Sheriff Issues more Permits, Stats

Not the 80 of 80 rumored.

Look at the pic in the article, scare tactic? Who can fit one of those in their pants?
I'd say the Sheriff is a smart politician. He's been vocal about his desire to issue more permits because his budget has been cut and there are fewer officers on the street.

If the anti-gun lobby squawks loud enough he may get some of his budget cuts back.

It's all smoke and mirrors really. 37 permits in a county of almost 2 million isn't even worth talking about...

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #14 of 22 Old Sep 9th, 2010, 12:20 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMitchell
So if you are licensed to carry and stopped for a traffic violation on a school street ( No permitted weapon is allowed within 1,000 feet of any school grounds.) you are in deep do-do?

If you have a CCW permit you are exempt from the 1000' rule so it's not an issue.

2007 HD SE Ultra - RIP
2006 KLR650 "SOLD"
2006 R1200RT "Traded"
2001 HD Softail (Sold)

post #15 of 22 Old Sep 9th, 2010, 1:07 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

Quote:

Quote:
If you have a CCW permit you are exempt from the 1000' rule so it's not an issue.

Apparently, one of the restrictions on the issued CCW is CCW not valid in a GFSZ. This may be up to challenge as State law says CCW are exemt from GFSZ. Can you imagine the gymnastics of having to unload and lock everytime you are approaching a GFSZ?

Furthermore, GFSZ in of itself will be found unconstitutional.

Raffy
post #16 of 22 Old Sep 9th, 2010, 1:10 pm

Quote:
Quote:

Apparently, one of the restrictions on the issued CCW is CCW not valid in a GFSZ. This may be up to challenge as State law says CCW are exemt from GFSZ. Can you imagine the gymnastics of having to unload and lock everytime you are approaching a GFSZ?

Furthermore, GFSZ in of itself will be found unconstitutional.
Is that a Sac county restriction? (It's not on mine). I guess if it is a Sac Cnty restriction, they could pull your permit if caught but it's not illegal... They can't pre-empt state law.

2007 HD SE Ultra - RIP
2006 KLR650 "SOLD"
2006 R1200RT "Traded"
2001 HD Softail (Sold)

post #17 of 22 Old Sep 9th, 2010, 2:23 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_H
Is that a Sac county restriction? (It's not on mine). I guess if it is a Sac Cnty restriction, they could pull your permit if caught but it's not illegal... They can't pre-empt state law.
Yes Sac County thing. You are right, they can pull the premit but can't charge with a crime. Unenforceable. I suspect they won't do it. Also, could be the new ones don't have that restriction now. Need to ask one person that received their's and see what it says.

Raffy
post #18 of 22 Old Sep 9th, 2010, 2:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConspiracyofOne
I hope to be "upstate" by then!!!! At least I will be able to buy a rifle without donating dna. Sure is a different world here on the East Coast.
Not all of the east coast, Raymond. SC has a "shall issue" law. Took many years to get it, tho.
- Bob

Cowboy Bob Menton

Greenville SC USA
'07 K1200GT, '69 R60US (mint!)
'83 R80S (nee '83 R80RT)
"You can never escape the FOG (Fast Old Guys)"
post #19 of 22 Old Sep 9th, 2010, 3:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_menton
Not all of the east coast, Raymond. SC has a "shall issue" law. Took many years to get it, tho.
- Bob
I should have qualified my response by defining NY/NJ. Coming from Elbert Co Colorado before California, I had a Colorado CCW for many years. I still don't see it happening here; too damn many liberals in the 5 boro's makes it hard to even discuss gun laws that aren't more restrictive than what is already on the books. One can only dream and keep on trying.

Raymond Dell'Olio
Bronx, NY
718-530-5793
2000 K1200LT (Sold)

"A nation of sheep,
Owned by pigs,
Ruled by wolves."

post #20 of 22 Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 2:38 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_H
That is incorrect, according to a current Captain w/ Sac. County. All the rules apply all the time.

This is all going the wrong way. The permit should allow open carry ONLY, just like AZ. I'd like to know whom around me is packin', wouldn't you?

2009 R1200GSA
2002 K1200 LT
1978 Shovelhead Chop
post #21 of 22 Old Sep 28th, 2010, 3:09 pm

The next thing should be reciprocity with other states and issuing the CCW on a solid photo card instead of a piece of modified toilet paper. My Utah CCW looks quite a bit more "real" than my Placer County CCW and is not limited to three weapons.

I'm sure Keith is up in El Dorado County which, like Placer, doesn't seem to have all the BS associated with Sacramento County. I truly hope all the gun restriction madness and excessive fees from the last 15-20 years comes crashing down in California.

Now, if I could just fine a nice compact .380/9mm with a decent sized grip that's not on the restricted list!

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"
post #22 of 22 Old Oct 1st, 2010, 1:42 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

I got my appointment. December 9th. The documents are ready to be delivered.

BTW, the newly issued CCWs do not have the GFSZ restrictions on them as previously mentioned.

Raffy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in