CCR Express IV - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old Aug 28th, 2009, 10:00 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

CCR Express IV

Doug and I will be leaving around 7 AM tomorrow and heading to Salt Lake City, UT for the night. Sunday we go up to Casper, WY and spend the night there. Monday afternoon/evening we roll into Rapid City.

If you see a Dodge Ram pulling an R1150GS Adventure and a Ducati Hypermotard, that would be us.

Hopefully you all make it there without problems. Should someone have a breakdown, we can pull one bike off and ride while hauling the brokendown bike.

We also have a spare LT rear wheel with a brand new tire on it.

I can be reached at (916) 715-2735 .

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old Aug 28th, 2009, 11:41 pm

Smile Re: CCR Express IV

David and I have made it to Dubois Wyoming, will be doing Yellowstone tomorrow before moving on to Billings and Rapid City. Met Idaho's finest yesterday while still doing Nevada speeds...grin. 30 miles in from the border and thirty miles to destination of of Twin Falls Idaho, said he wished he could have met us under better circumstances, but not enough to get us a warning, Oh Well. Did 750 yesterday and about 330 today for an easy day. Did do about 7-10 miles of the road was just plane missing, they are building a new road between Moran Junction and Dubois WY, they just took out the whole road and are building a new one. David got to try out his dirt skills on the GT1300 and Rob and I just stood on our pegs. We also got to do some twisty's after all that slab, I daho scenis 31, pretty cool road, course David left us all in the dust at this point. Got to Dubois, and yes they sound out the S at the end, jeez. Bunch a Hicks...grin, De Boys...grin. Well we tried the Chandler Ranchhouse, everything was overcooked, from the trout to the "Bloody Rare" Rib eye steak, the steak was actually med well. But the beer was good and they had Blue Moon, till we drank it all and had to switch to Moose Drool. Got back to the lodge and bought some more at the local Liquor store.

Robs wife flew in to Jackson and drove out to meet us in Dubois, she will be riding with Rob in Yellowstone then flying on to Rapid City and meeting us there while we play some more. Will post some more tomorrow.
post #3 of 26 Old Aug 29th, 2009, 12:13 am

Re: CCR Express IV

Cathy and I left the East Bay at 1pm today and made it to Winnemucca via Hwy 88, 50 and 80. We plan on visiting Craters of the moon tomorrow and staying somewhere between there and Jackson Hole.
See everyone there!

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else

post #4 of 26 Old Aug 30th, 2009, 5:39 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

The Schumers, Doug and I made it to Casper, Wyoming. We met one LT that passed us and then we met them again at a gas station.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy

Last edited by RaffyK; Aug 30th, 2009 at 7:06 pm.
post #5 of 26 Old Aug 30th, 2009, 6:48 pm

Cathy & I made it in to Cody Wy after a great day of riding in the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. We got to do 8 miles of dirt, they tore the whole road out. Going to go do the town now, lots of Harleys here and good eat'n places.

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 26 Old Aug 30th, 2009, 8:17 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasters
Did do about 7-10 miles of the road was just plane missing, they are building a new road between Moran Junction and Dubois WY, they just took out the whole road and are building a new one. David got to try out his dirt skills on the GT1300 and Rob and I just stood on our pegs.
Michelle and I rode through that on the way home from Canada last month - wet. Michelle was on her S and I on the GT. Miles of wet and slimey dirt with just enough rocks to keep it interesting - a great way to start the day

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #7 of 26 Old Aug 31st, 2009, 5:18 pm

We got in today at 3pm, all planned stops made. Great weather and outstanding scenery all they way! Now for a showers and a couple of beers for these two travelers.

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

post #8 of 26 Old Aug 31st, 2009, 11:46 pm

Thumbs up Re: CCR Express IV

We arrived midafternoon, found a spot in the Vendor lot just outside Raffy's room to set up tomorrow for he and Larry (Rider West) to work out of.

I'll be cruising the area to see what Custer was making such a fuss over?

Doug Holck
Lodi, Ca

I don't always ride motorcycles,
but when I do I prefer BMW's.
Ride safely my friends

3 Continents -10 Countries - 50 States

02 K1200LTe
04 1150GS Adventure
08 Suzuki DR650
CCR 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
See you 2015 in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho

BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

post #9 of 26 Old Sep 1st, 2009, 2:29 am
Some guy on the Interwebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougholck
I'll be cruising the area to see what Custer was making such a fuss over?
Watch out for the Indians!!!

Hal
Lodi, California

If you aren't good for anything else, you can always serve as a bad example.

HDDC Posse

post #10 of 26 Old Sep 1st, 2009, 8:46 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by LodiHal
Watch out for the Indians!!!

We don't want to read about Custer's Last Last Stand.

Dan-A
-----> BMW MOA # 137114
HDDC

2013 R1200GS LC
2009 HD XR1200 Sportster
post #11 of 26 Old Sep 1st, 2009, 11:43 pm

Thumbs down Re: CCR Express IV

My turn for Bad News.

Got 60 miles outside Rapid City on my first day of sightseeing and felt a strange vibration on my 04 1150 GS Adv ?
Thought I had picked up a nail in a tire.
Stopped and checked but saw nothing, then had Final Drive thoughts.
Unloaded Jesse bags to get rear tire off ground and spun wheel.
Felt and sounded like FD was full of gravel, made entire bike vibrate.
No oil showing and no side play but definately not right. Mileage is 56,761.
Called Raffy and he sent the Pacific Northwest's finest (Jonh Fisher & Brian Ley) out in the truck/trailer to to save me (thanks guys).
Off to Sturgis BMW in the morning to see if any hope of repairs in time to actually get to do any more riding in the area?
Only good news is my extended warranty is good for 7 more days (anxious to see if Pinnacle will actually cover anything).
Sucks but it will get fixed and I can join that growing not so exclusive Final Drive Failure Club (FDFC).

Doug Holck
Lodi, Ca

Ride safely my friends

02 K1200LTe
04 1150GS Adventure
08 Suzuki DR650

BMW MOA 109760
HDDC POSSE

post #12 of 26 Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 2:22 am
Some guy on the Interwebs

Doug,
Well that sucks!!! The FDFC is not an organization that one willingly joins... Hopefully Pinnacle will cover it.

Hal
Lodi, California

If you aren't good for anything else, you can always serve as a bad example.

HDDC Posse

post #13 of 26 Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 4:09 am

Doug,

Major Bummer on the FD but a HUGE Plus on the remaining seven days of warranty. Do they have beer near the BMW dealer?

Tim

Tim
2005 KLR 685
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
post #14 of 26 Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 9:30 am

Sorry to hear about the drive failure man. The plus side is you had some warranty left and #2 is there's a dealer in the local area. Hope that the situation is resolved and you're back riding again asap. Let me know if there's anything I can do from here to assist.

Regards,
Woody aka SoberBiker

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
~Author Unknown~

'18 K1600 BGA (Yet to be named)
'16 Goldwing F6B (Traded)
'08 K1200LT - (Traded)
'07 K1200GT - (Sold)

post #15 of 26 Old Sep 6th, 2009, 7:54 pm

Cathy and I made it back in today at 4;30pm, Raffy and Doug should be in shortly. We covered 800 miles yesterday and 600 today. Great trip, great weather and fantastic company.

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

post #16 of 26 Old Sep 6th, 2009, 10:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarider
Cathy and I made it back in today at 4;30pm, Raffy and Doug should be in shortly. We covered 800 miles yesterday and 600 today. Great trip, great weather and fantastic company.
Sounds like Doug got his bike repaired?

Tim
2005 KLR 685
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
post #17 of 26 Old Sep 6th, 2009, 10:52 pm

Arrived at Raffys at 6:20 pm after staying overnight in Salt Lake.
Extreem CHP activity required fairly strick compliance with CA 55mph trailer speed limit and Burning Man survivors caused a couple slowdowns on Hwy 80 over the Serria's but overall a good run except for head/side winds across the desert.

My new GS final drive got tested Friday with a 150 mile tour around the Black Hills and visit to Mount Rushmore.

Good trip (3000 miles round trip), good fun/food and great friends!
$26000 raised for this years charity.

Next years CCR is in Vermont so start planing now! I'll be there.

Doug Holck
Lodi, Ca

Ride safely my friends

02 K1200LTe
04 1150GS Adventure
08 Suzuki DR650

BMW MOA 109760
HDDC POSSE

post #18 of 26 Old Sep 6th, 2009, 11:21 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

Thank you Doug for providing the trailer and also sharing in the driving. I had a great time while at CCR. Got to ride the Hypermotard on Friday up to Mount Rushmore and avoided the occaisional rain.

The winds from Salt Lake City to Reno were continuous with some serious gusts.

Great friends and good times.

The TGI Friday's had $1.99 long Island iced tea. I'll let the others fill in the details.

Raffy

Last edited by RaffyK; Sep 7th, 2009 at 1:10 pm.
post #19 of 26 Old Sep 7th, 2009, 9:13 pm

Ya the head winds on the way from Salt Lake were intense, only got about 35 mpg compared to 45+ for the rest of the trip.
Raffy thanks much for transporting our boxes!

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

post #20 of 26 Old Sep 7th, 2009, 10:08 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

You are welcome. When are you coming by?

Raffy
post #21 of 26 Old Sep 7th, 2009, 10:37 pm

Tomorrow? 1130?

I PMed

Thanks

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

post #22 of 26 Old Sep 8th, 2009, 9:57 am

Smile Re: CCR Express IV

David and I got back at five last night, un-eventful except for aforementioned Accident on 80 just passed Reno, took some surface streets around it and got back on the freeway just after the accident. Went from Ramkota to Golden CO. Sat. then Colorado to Ely Sunday, then Ely to Livermore Monday. 50 was a blast, we were moving "At a good Clip" most of the way, not much trafiic to speak of. Look forward to next year.
post #23 of 26 Old Sep 8th, 2009, 7:11 pm

Thank you Doug and Raffy for taking Kathy and me as passengers in your truck to the Wednesday events when my final drive decided to leak its fluid.
You guys rock!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #24 of 26 Old Sep 8th, 2009, 9:08 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

post #25 of 26 Old Sep 8th, 2009, 9:12 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

CCR Express IV was used to retrieve Doug's R1150GS ADV which had a final drive failure on his first day (Tuesday) riding out to Wall and Badlands.

I want to personally thank Brian Ley and John Fisher for dropping everything they were doing and going out to help Doug get his bike back to the CCR venue.

You guys are what the spirit of CCR is all about.

Thank you.

Raffy

post #26 of 26 Old Sep 9th, 2009, 7:30 am

Talking Re: CCR Express IV

You are certainly welcome Raffy! And the Pac Nor Wet Team was more than honored to assist. Like I said elsewhere, I can attest that Brian did not exceed 150 in our run out to rescue Doug and his GS!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in