Flying back to Sac for Bob, John and Willie - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Aug 11th, 2009, 12:06 pm Thread Starter

Flying back to Sac for Bob, John and Willie

and my VW Passatt. I miss it. The big old truck just doesn't quite drive the same. Even though I do get around 18mpg combined gas mileage now on the diesel. The VW gets around 26 combined. And is a lot more fun to drive.

I'm flying in to Sac with my brother this friday nite and going to the Stockton concert on saturday nite. Then on sunday morning, my brother and I will be driving my car back to Maine. He has to be at work on thursday morning at 3am. No excuses. A whirlwind trip for sure. About the only place we plan to spend some time is at Niagara Falls on Wednesday morning.

My bil and sister scored us some face value tickets on Craigslist. I haven't seen Willie Nelson since Tahoe in the late eighties. I haven't seen Dylan since the late seventies. And I saw John COUGAR Mellancamp before. Somewhere back in the fog. My brother from Maine hasn't seen anyone before.

Wish I could stay longer and go to a wednesday nite dinner. I'll be back soon, I'm sure.

Also, I just moved into my new apartment in town last weekend. Settled in now. Come visit me posse. I have a place to sleep at the old farmhouse. You can have this place. I'll take some pictures later. It's above a gift shop and is very large and quaint, which means old. I can walk to downtown.

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Aug 11th, 2009, 1:19 pm

Re: Flying back to Sac for Bob, John and Willie

For the next posse member who visits, I can recommend the Mule tour.
Oh, and try the lobster.

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

On the road to wreck, and ruin - but making great time.
post #3 of 5 Old Aug 11th, 2009, 10:43 pm

Thumbs up Re: Flying back to Sac for Bob, John and Willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlash
For the next posse member who visits, I can recommend the Mule tour.
Oh, and try the lobster.
Next year for sure, who wants to go ?

Need to start planning now!

Doug Holck
Lodi, Ca

I don't always ride motorcycles,
but when I do I prefer BMW's.
Ride safely my friends

3 Continents -10 Countries - 50 States

02 K1200LTe
04 1150GS Adventure
08 Suzuki DR650
CCR 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
See you 2015 in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho

BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

post #4 of 5 Old Aug 12th, 2009, 9:26 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougholck
Next year for sure, who wants to go ?

Need to start planning now!
ME!

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else
post #5 of 5 Old Aug 26th, 2009, 10:56 am Thread Starter

Just catching up on my last trip. My brother and I landed in Sac at 11pm Friday night. Stayed at a local hotel two nights. My bro ended up paying for 5 rooms with his Choice Hotels program. He used about 58,000 points out of 98,000 saved up.

We went to the concert Saturday night in Stocton to see the trio but left early during the last Dylan set to get back to our Sac hotel to be right on 80 and ready to leave early. We got to Rock Springs, WY on Sunday night. 850 miles. The next night, we made it to Des Moines, IO. Another 890 miles. The third night, we made it to Niagaa Falls, NY. A 875 mile day. The next day, we only had to go 612 miles to get my brother to work in Augusta, ME by that evening. I drove home to my apartment and got home at 11pm. Only 670 miles that day.

I missed not seeing my son very long this time. I'll be sending him a ticket to come visit for one of the holidays this fall. He and my office manager are taking good care of the business. It's slow but holding on.

Since driving back there in early June, driving the pickup and trailer back here with all my stuff and then flying back there to drive my car back here, I've driven 10,000 miles across the USA this summer. It would have been better on 2 wheels.

Yesterday, I just put another 225 miles on my old Goldwing. I really need to ride as much as I can around here now as the season is so short. It'll be sled season before I know it.

My new apartment here had all new wallpaper in the kitchen when I got home. I sure hope Doug and John aren't the only ones who want to come to Maine. Although that makes me very happy. I need to see others from the posse out here too. Fall colors. Winter sledding. Summer motorcycling and ATVing. Lobster. Whatever your fancy. I'll be here. For a while anyway. Maybe not forever.

I may plan on getting my motorcycle down to North Carolina in my nephews garage this winter. That way, I can visit him this winter and be able to explore more of the southeast. I need to ride in all those states down there anyway. Fill in my map more.

Anyways, I'm kind of tired of traveling on the highways right now. And my brother is a big rig truck driver with a route in New England. He hates truckers now. He says that when he gets back to work and hears one of his peers bitching about 4 wheelers again, he's going to speak his mind. He couldn't believe how many bad truck drivers there were. He moaned and groaned about truckers as much as there were corn fields in the mid west.

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in