BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Californians with Utah/Florida Carry Permits

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Keith_H 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Dick said:
Wonder if FL and UT are gonna reciprocate..... or un-reciprocate??
I have not heard one way or the other. And NV requires you go to their state, in person, to submit the app and you have to take the classes from a NV instructor. Fortunately, I took my UT class from a NV instructor. I guess I get to ride to NV next week to finish the paperwork. :rolleyes: I can tell you there is some stuff afoot that may require the state to back off some and at least give notice. As it is, they gave us 1 weeks notice and it takes 60-120 days to process a permit. Must be a govm't agency. :D

#5 ·
If you have your NV permit, what's the problem? You can still carry in NV.

Most of the states that would recognize the NV, UT, and FL combination of permits won't recognize your permits anyway because you're not a resident of a state where you have a permit (NV, UT, or FL). The whole sales pitch for "Get your CCW, good in 35 states!" only really applies if you're a resident of NV.

#6 ·
tbarstow said:
If you have your NV permit, what's the problem? You can still carry in NV.

Most of the states that would recognize the NV, UT, and FL combination of permits won't recognize your permits anyway because you're not a resident of a state where you have a permit (NV, UT, or FL). The whole sales pitch for "Get your CCW, good in 35 states!" only really applies if you're a resident of NV.
Absolutely not true. 29 states will honor a UT permit issued to an out of state resident. 16 states will honor a NV permit issued to a non resident. This why so many get a UT permit.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Tallyho said:
So if the reason Nevada won't honor Utah permits is because of the lack of live fire qualification WTF don't they recognize California permits?
Because NV has a list of about 5 things they require. One has to do with records sharing. CA won't play nice and share. Even if they would, I think NV would not honor CA as the state does not "require" live fire quals. (even though most county sheriffs depts do).

I rode to NV yesterday and did my app. 60 days they said. Came back across Monitor and Ebbetts. Just and FYI, Caltrans is doing road work on 49 just south of Jackson. 30 min+ delays getting through.

#9 ·
DaveDragon said:
Heck, aint nobody worth shootin in Nevada anyway:rolleyes:
I can think of a few people worth protecting.... just sayin ;)

#10 ·
Sometimes I think it's just a revenue thing. We pay the dough to get the Utah permit which "was" good in 31 other states when I first got it but now we have to got to NV and pay another set of fees. Great. I opted for the Utah permit primarily to travel back and forth in Nevada on business. Mo money, mo money, mo money!

#11 ·
Tallyho said:
Sometimes I think it's just a revenue thing. We pay the dough to get the Utah permit which "was" good in 31 other states when I first got it but now we have to got to NV and pay another set of fees. Great. I opted for the Utah permit primarily to travel back and forth in Nevada on business. Mo money, mo money, mo money!
I think you may be right on this one. Here is some info sent to me yesterday.

Here is the info on who is responsible for NV dropping UT/FL.

According to the Head of DPS Firearms, the individual who posts the DPS changes," the Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association is the organization responsible for making the decision" to drop the UT and FL permits from the recognition list. They instructed DPS (who is ADVISED by NVCSA which states to post) "NOT to post the changes until July 1, 2009. "The decision was made in a closed meeting, not open to the public. Complaints have been filed with the Attorney General’s office about the possibility of a violation of the Open Meeting Law (see attachment). If you are frustrated about the lack of notice given on this change, direct your complaints to NVSCA and the NV Attorney General, asking for the decision to be voided (remember to be civil):

NVCSA Association Office:
Frank Adams, Executive Director
P.O. Box 3247
Mesquite NV 89024
(866) 266-9870
FAX (702) 345-3565

fadams@nvsca.com

#12 ·
I'll be happy to send them a note. While I don't live in Nevada, I have an operations office there that pays taxes and fees a'plenty along with several apportioned trucks.

BTW: I see you and Sarah are signed up for Virginia City. Very cool.

#13 ·
Tallyho said:
I'll be happy to send them a note. While I don't live in Nevada, I have an operations office there that pays taxes and fees a'plenty along with several apportioned trucks.

BTW: I see you and Sarah are signed up for Virginia City. Very cool.
Bob,

I think we signed up for Strawberry Fields but there was no room at the inn, so to speak. Sarah was going to check back and see if they might get any cancellations at some point.

We had just discussed the Virginia City ride and did sign up for that one today as well. No problem getting a room there.

Cheers,

Keith

#14 ·
One can get a Nevada non-resident ID by having a NV address (have to 'live' 31 days consecutively at that address per year). This will allow you to get a few things....

Anyone in Nevada want to rent a room for 31 days a year (any of these months will do - January, March, July, August, October, December)?

Just so I can receive my mail there from the state of Nevada.

#16 ·
Keith_H said:
I think we signed up for Strawberry Fields but there was no room at the inn, so to speak. Sarah was going to check back and see if they might get any cancellations at some point.
It's not a big place with only 16 rooms. Something may shake loose at it gets close to their cancellation cutoff. It could happen! I'll let you know if I hear anything internally.

#17 ·
Tallyho said:
It's not a big place with only 16 rooms. Something may shake loose at it gets close to their cancellation cutoff. It could happen! I'll let you know if I hear anything internally.
Thanks Bob. We'd appreciate that. You guys have a nice holiday weekend. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.