A&S - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old Jun 16th, 2009, 12:15 pm Thread Starter

Red face A&S

Seems A&S will be joining the ranks of the average motorcycle dealerships and be closed on Sundays and Monday after July 1st. Since closing those two days will result in reduction of about 15% of their fixed overhead I'm sure we can look forward to dramatic price decreases for the rest of the year!

Oops, I just remembered Cycle Gear, Rocklin HD, and Roseville Cycle are open on Sundays. My bad.

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old Jun 16th, 2009, 12:54 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Re: A&S

It's the same down this way, and in pretty much every other state I've been too. Bike shops close on Sunday and Mondays to let their employees have a 2-day weekend, and maybe get some riding in themselves. Been that way forever.

Now some have chosen to stay open on Sundays and/or Monday, but that's usually just the sales staff and not the full shop/service area. So if you wanted to buy a new bike, I'm sure they could accommodate you.

Hey - that's an idea. If you're really bothered by them falling back to normal business hours, maybe you could ride over and buy a new bike. All we'd need is 15% of y'all to buy a new or used bike, and maybe a few accessories or a riding suit to go along with it. See, problem solved.

Or if you prefer, you could always try to buy a new bike from Cycle Gear, or head on over to Rocklin and see what they have on offer . . .

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 19 Old Jun 16th, 2009, 1:21 pm

Bob, I'm sure you will look great dressed all in Black Leather. Just think, you can purchase all the shiny chrome accessories you want on any given Sunday.

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else

post #4 of 19 Old Jun 16th, 2009, 1:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyho
Seems A&S will be joining the ranks of the average motorcycle dealerships and be closed on Sundays and Monday after July 1st. Since closing those two days will result in reduction of about 15% of their fixed overhead I'm sure we can look forward to dramatic price decreases for the rest of the year!

Oops, I just remembered Cycle Gear, Rocklin HD, and Roseville Cycle are open on Sundays. My bad.

JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!

I don't know where you grew up or how long u been ridin', but motoshops all over this country have been closed Sun./ Mon. for as long as I've been alive (race day, recovery day). What's the F-ing difference? Maybe you should do your chores on Sunday instead of worrying about what Randy and his "extended family" are doing.

I'm sure saving some money is the goal. Why should you benefit from it? And BTW, how the hell would you know how much they will be saving on overhead? Do the books over there do ya?!

I'm sure the folks at A&S could care less if you took your money and your shitty attitude w/ you over to Roseville Cylce , Cycle Gear or the Hogg Shop. Have fun shopping on Sunday, I think I'll go RIDING!!!!

I bet you like to use the word FARKLE too, don't ya?

Dino - your friendly neighborhood "tell-it-like-it-is GUY!"

2009 R1200GSA
2002 K1200 LT
1978 Shovelhead Chop
post #5 of 19 Old Jun 16th, 2009, 1:54 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarider
Bob, I'm sure you will look great dressed all in Black Leather. Just think, you can purchase all the shiny chrome accessories you want on any given Sunday.
That's a really good point, John. Back in black, I hit the sack, it's been so long I'm glad to back.

Also heard Tucker Rocky will now be offering Saturday delivery to dealers and direct drop residential deliveries.

Bob Morrow #4204
post #6 of 19 Old Jun 16th, 2009, 2:22 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino2000
JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!

I don't know where you grew up or how long u been ridin', but motoshops all over this country have been closed Sun./ Mon. for as long as I've been alive (race day, recovery day). What's the F-ing difference? Maybe you should do your chores on Sunday instead of worrying about what Randy and his "extended family" are doing.

I'm sure saving some money is the goal. Why should you benefit from it? And BTW, how the hell would you know how much they will be saving on overhead? Do the books over there do ya?!

I'm sure the folks at A&S could care less if you took your money and your shitty attitude w/ you over to Roseville Cylce , Cycle Gear or the Hogg Shop. Have fun shopping on Sunday, I think I'll go RIDING!!!!

I bet you like to use the word FARKLE too, don't ya?

Dino - your friendly neighborhood "say-the-first-thing-that comes-into-my-mellon GUY!"
My post is a lament that A&S is becoming the ordinary rather than the exception. A&S has distinquished itself as a quality and service leader; something from which to take a great measure of professional pride. It is/was my pleasure to frequently recommend people stop in at A&S on Sundays, especially new riders or those we meet on the road that have shown an interest in touring. I don't need to know their books as they are trying to survive in an unsettled economy made worse by the misfortunes of the state government impacting our area. I consider A&S "my" dealer and have spent multiple thousands of dollars there and will continue to do so. I don't agree with the decision but I agree with you and am glad all their folks will be off on Sunday.

I don't use the word FARKLE any more frequently than you use the work CYLCE(sic)."

Bob Morrow #4204
post #7 of 19 Old Jun 16th, 2009, 3:29 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

We have 11 or 12 big bike shops (Harley,BMW, Honda etc.) in the Austin area. Plus about 30 or more small shops and Custom (Chopper) shops. The only one open on Sunday is 1 Harley shop & it's only the service. The sales are not open. As far as Monday only about 1/3 of the rest (Big & small shops) are even open. Growing up NONE were open on Sunday & Monday.

In this economy be glad that A & S is only cutting hours and is not closing the doors for good. I've never been to A&S but I hear nothing but GREAT things about them. So.... Bob if you don't like their new hours go somewhere else. Maybe you can buy from the big CHAIN STORES and send your money out of state or even out of the country.

I myself buy from my locally owned shops when they are open to take my money.

Stevie Shreeve
post #8 of 19 Old Jun 16th, 2009, 4:08 pm

Is that someone pedaling backwards?

Hit the nail SO right on you felt the need to change my words around?
RE: Dino - your friendly neighborhood "say-the-first-thing-that comes-into-my-mellon GUY!"

Believe me, u don't want to hear the FIRST thing that came into my melon. BTW, you spelled melon wrong and used "work" where I assume you meant to use "word". Nitpicky lil' bastard, ain't I?!!!!!!!

Enough fun for me today. Need to get back to the biznass of reducing my overhead so I can spend more time on my motorsickle.

Ciao fer NOW!

2009 R1200GSA
2002 K1200 LT
1978 Shovelhead Chop
post #9 of 19 Old Jun 16th, 2009, 4:25 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

So far this thread is staying civil.

Just a friendly reminder, if it degrades to name calling, personal attacks etc., it will be locked/deleted and the appropriate other actions will be taken.

Continue where you left off.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #10 of 19 Old Jun 16th, 2009, 4:32 pm

The internet Fuzz is upon me .

I must to make my escape! Where's Tornado?

Z

2009 R1200GSA
2002 K1200 LT
1978 Shovelhead Chop
post #11 of 19 Old Jun 16th, 2009, 5:31 pm

Some of you sure do seem to have a bug up your butts !!

I read nothing slighted in terms of A&S, only they were becoming NORMAL ...
WTF with the bitch slapping of Bob for stating the obvious ?

Quite frankly I don't like those NEW hours eithers being I have those as my days off and only time I actually can shop or visit them .... So with that said, Good Bye

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

T
wisties Required

post #12 of 19 Old Jun 16th, 2009, 6:13 pm

I knew it was just a matter of time before Randy changed his schedule. Being open on Sundays and Mondays was great for us, but I never saw the economic value of it for the shop, and I know Randy looked at the bottom line to determine whether staying open was worth the cost. If it helps him stay in business and competitive in the current economic environment then I'm all for it; I want A&S to be around into my retirement years so I have a place to get free coffee and a donut on Saturdays. Besides, I have more bikes to buy in the years ahead, and I plan on buying them there.

Fred Jewell
No longer president, River City Beemers
2009 R1200RT - Silver

BMWMOA #123779
BMWRA #38714
IBA #24559

"Shadowboxing the apocalypse, wandering the land"
post #13 of 19 Old Jun 16th, 2009, 7:10 pm

Are we a little wound tight today in NCal? It must be raining... We broke the all time record here in the NW today. 4 weeks straight with no rain! Maybe ya all need to come up here and get some sunshine?

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #14 of 19 Old Jun 18th, 2009, 1:33 am

Thanks Raffy... I thought things were getting a little out of hand.
post #15 of 19 Old Jun 18th, 2009, 2:38 am

Unhappy Re: A&S

Be glad you have motorcycle shops that are open all weekend. Here in the Rainbow Nation (read South Africa) they close at noon on saturdays and only open again on monday.

Castos

"Life is made to be enjoyed, so enjoy it"

'80 Suzuki G1000GS
'87 Honda CX500 Turbo
'06 BMW R1200RT Charcoal
'07 BMW K1200LT Night Black
post #16 of 19 Old Jun 18th, 2009, 8:40 am

Boy it seams a few of you are a lil tightly wound...relax go for a ride
Ed

Ed & Dovie Crum
99 K1200lt
2002 R1150RT
post #17 of 19 Old Jun 18th, 2009, 9:27 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWLloyd
Thanks Raffy... I thought things were getting a little out of hand.
REALLY ?!!!!

Seems my brand of humor isn't fully appreciated

2009 R1200GSA
2002 K1200 LT
1978 Shovelhead Chop
post #18 of 19 Old Jun 18th, 2009, 11:54 am

We all have a strong vested interest in financially viable, profitable dealers that can afford to invest in everything needed to provide good service at reasonable prices.
If A&S feels the need to follow most of the rest of the industry on Sun-Mon hours in order to stick around as (I have heard) a good dealer, so be it.'

RB

2005 Ducati Multistrada 1000DS (red)
2009 BMW R1200 RT (biue)

post #19 of 19 Old Jun 18th, 2009, 1:32 pm

I'm sure Randy thought long and hard about this decision. If nothing else, I know that he is an owner that CARES about his business. I can't remember the last time I went into A&S, and didn't run into him.

Bright side: everyone gets two days off in a row now! Although, I am sure people lost some hours.

If this makes the dealership stronger, then no problem for me - adjustments are made everywhere in this economy.

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in