Dinner with IBA Pres Mike Kneebone 6/20 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jun 13th, 2009, 12:56 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up Dinner with IBA Pres Mike Kneebone 6/20

Mike Kneebone is in town 6/20 to support Bob Mutchler in his support of Rotary's PolioPlus Project.

Rotary International committed to eradicate the polio virus from the world in 1985 and has done so except for a couple remote spots in third world countries. Contined monitoring and immunization of babies is an ongoing project now assisted by a 250 million matching grant from the Bill Gates Foundation (he is matching donations dollar for dollar up to 250 Mil). Bob (a long time Rotarian and polio survivor) has been an active supporter of this Project and ridden thousands of miles spreading its message and raising thousands of dollars.

Bring a friend or SO and join Mike Kneebone and Bob as he presents Awards to to "Major" donors at dinner on June 20 at 6:00pm at the Hilton Garden Inn, Folsom.
Only $35 by June 15th. Send check payable to Bob at address below.

1. Doug

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Bob Mutchler:

Ride to Eat Awards Banquet for Rotary Polio Plus with IBA President Mike Kneebone.

We have some great surprises for those of you who are attending the RTE Awards Banquet for PolioPlus on June 20, 2009.

Riders will be coming in from Pennsylvania, Washington, Arizona, Illinois as well as other locations I probably don't know about. We may even get a few riders from California.

Rick Mayer Motorcycle Seats will be donating a custom seat to the person who has traveled the longest distance to get here.

Curt Gran has donated two FuzeBlocks.

A & S BMW has donated two gift certificates and will also be in attendance.

We have arranged for a limited block of rooms on June, 19 and June 20 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Folsom, CA at the price of only $79.00 per night. We have arranged for the hold on rooms to be extended until June 15. Your reservation includes a "cooked to order" breakfast. After June 15, you will need to make different arrangements for hotel rooms.

The cost of the banquet will be $35.00 of which a portion will go to PolioPlus, Rotary International's program to completely eradicate polio from the world.

For banquet reservations, please send your check, no later than, June 15, 2009. One thing we don't want to do is run out of food!

Please make sure to attend this first of, hopefully, many future RTEs in the Sacramento area

Contact information for the Hilton Garden Inn Folsom:

221 Iron Point Road
Folsom, California 95630
916 353 1717

Use code Polio to register.

While we don't have a ride planned, there are riding roads through and around the Gold Country. This will be a good chance to visit with friends from around the country and exchange stories during the weekend.

Questions? Call or email:

Bob Mutchler
622 Wales Drive
Folsom, CA 95630

916 798 4488
[email protected]
www.polioplusride.org
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doug Holck
Lodi, Ca

I don't always ride motorcycles,
but when I do I prefer BMW's.
Ride safely my friends

3 Continents -10 Countries - 50 States

02 K1200LTe
04 1150GS Adventure
08 Suzuki DR650
CCR 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
See you 2015 in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho

BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by dougholck; Jun 13th, 2009 at 1:03 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jun 15th, 2009, 7:01 pm

Re: Dinner with IBA Pres Mike Kneebone 6/20

Mike Kneebone is in town 6/20 to support Bob Mutchler in his support of Rotary's PolioPlus Project.

Rotary International committed to eradicate the polio virus from the world in 1985 and has done so except for a couple remote spots in third world countries. Contined monitoring and immunization of babies is an ongoing project now assisted by a 250 million matching grant from the Bill Gates Foundation (he is matching donations dollar for dollar up to 250 Mil). Bob (a long time Rotarian and polio survivor) has been an active supporter of this Project and ridden thousands of miles spreading its message and raising thousands of dollars.

Bring a friend or SO and join Mike Kneebone and Bob as he presents Awards to to "Major" donors at dinner on June 20 at 6:00pm at the Hilton Garden Inn, Folsom.
Only $35 by June 15th. Send check payable to Bob at address below.

1. Doug
2. Roger (I just talked to Bob and he extended the deadline until tomorrrow)

Sounds interesting and fun. Plus some money goes to charity.
I'm going to Infineon early Sunday for a Nascar race too. Life's good.

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub

post #3 of 5 Old Jun 21st, 2009, 11:25 am Thread Starter

Interesting event, thanks Roger for your support.
Bob Mutchler awarded 7 or 8 Paul Harris Fellowships Awards (acknowledges a $1000.00 donation to the Rotary Foundation) and told many interesting stories about the the IBA and its membership.
I was very surprised how involved the IBA has become in supporting Bob in his quest to support Rotary's Polio Plus Project. Over the past few years the IBA has helped raise over $30,000, which is why Bob put on this event to acknowledge IBA generosity.

There were about 40 people in attendance, the farthest from Massachutets who left Wed morning and covered 3100 miles to arrive Friday night by 5:30 pm (thats three 1000 mile days, easy for these guys). He was awarded a $250 Certificate from Rick Mayer, which he donated back to Bob (Bob needs a new seat). There were a couple others who traveled over 2000 miles.

I think the best story told was that when Bob was born his father showed up at the hospital to pick up mother and child ON HIS HARLEY! They refused to release them so Dad had to wait till Bob got home by conventional means and waited a few days before giving Bob his first motorcycle ride. Bob's 86 year old father was in attendance and one could see the pride he has for a son who has overcome his polio disability and leads an active life doing what they each love, riding and helping others.

Thank You Bob Mutchler

Doug Holck
Lodi, Ca

I don't always ride motorcycles,
but when I do I prefer BMW's.
Ride safely my friends

3 Continents -10 Countries - 50 States

02 K1200LTe
04 1150GS Adventure
08 Suzuki DR650
CCR 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
See you 2015 in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho

BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

post #4 of 5 Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 1:01 pm

Thanks Doug. It was very informative and I was surprised to find out all that the Rotary has done toward eliminating polio in the world. Plus what Bob himself has done for many years in his personal efforts. The IBA can also be proud of their accomplishments. Mike is a really nice guy and the whole crowd was quite a spirited bunch. What would you expect from LD riders anyway?

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub

post #5 of 5 Old Jun 24th, 2009, 10:40 am

awesome..thanks for postin this info..
Hbar
IBA#22972

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in