NPT Ride-4-Kids - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old Jun 4th, 2009, 12:58 am Thread Starter

NPT Ride-4-Kids

My National Parks Tour benefiting the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation’s Ride-4-Kids is continuing. I’m writing from British Columbia on my way up to Alaska (via Ron Ayers’ HyderSeek) to score an Alaska park. I hope to at least make it past Bell II.
(Sorry Mike, Doug, and Bob, I couldn’t resist)

A huge thanks to our very own Dan-A for the latest contribution from the LT board; and happy birthday, Dan!

I appreciate any contributions anyone can make — pledge a few cents per park, or just a flat donation of a few bucks will help. See: http://firstgiving.com/tlash

Or maybe you can make the ride yourself, just $35 on October 4 at Solano College. I know that is the closing day of the Manchester Beach RCB weekend. But I plan to attend both with a very early start out of Manchester on that Sunday. http://www.pbtfus.org/rideforkids/ca...alifornia.html

I know times are tight for many. I understand if you can’t make a donation right now, but please feel free to follow along on my blog. That’s free for everybody!
http://www.tlash.net >then click “Roadtrip 2009”

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

On the road to wreck, and ruin -— but making great time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old Jun 4th, 2009, 1:19 pm

Thumbs up Re: NPT Ride-4-Kids

Thanks for the update Tom and congratulations on your ride so far.
Extra credit if you can get an accurate count on the number of piercings the sales girls have at Prince George Harley Davidson (nice store on your right just before heading up the hill out of town, lots of bikes on display).
Say Hello to Gary at the Sealaska Inn, Mike at the Bell 2 Lodge, Jon at Yukon Honda in Whitehorse and make a quick stop in Beaver Creek, Yukon Territory (western most town in Canada) at the Westmark Hotel and check out thier mini wildlife museum.
Extra donation from me if you can get a picture of Dells "Cancer Awareness Ride" sign at the "Sign Post Forest" (it's to the right of the main entrance on the Hwy in one of the rows near front about waist high, 14 x 14 green w/white letters).
Remember the time change at the Alaska Border.
Which Park(s) are you going to visit?

Doug Holck
Lodi, Ca

I don't always ride motorcycles,
but when I do I prefer BMW's.
Ride safely my friends

3 Continents -10 Countries - 50 States

02 K1200LTe
04 1150GS Adventure
08 Suzuki DR650
CCR 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
See you 2015 in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho

BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

post #3 of 17 Old Jun 4th, 2009, 10:32 pm Thread Starter

Re: NPT Ride-4-Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougholck
Thanks for the update Tom and congratulations on your ride so far.
Extra credit if you can get an accurate count on the number of piercings the sales girls have at Prince George Harley Davidson (nice store on your right just before heading up the hill out of town, lots of bikes on display).
Say Hello to Gary at the Sealaska Inn, Mike at the Bell 2 Lodge, Jon at Yukon Honda in Whitehorse and make a quick stop in Beaver Creek, Yukon Territory (western most town in Canada) at the Westmark Hotel and check out thier mini wildlife museum.
Extra donation from me if you can get a picture of Dells "Cancer Awareness Ride" sign at the "Sign Post Forest" (it's to the right of the main entrance on the Hwy in one of the rows near front about waist high, 14 x 14 green w/white letters).
Remember the time change at the Alaska Border.
Which Park(s) are you going to visit?
Hey Doug,

Already passed Prince Geo. Saw the HD dealer, didn't stop. I am staying at the Sealaska, so I will say hi to Gary. The Westmark museum sounds good, and as I am spending Sunday night In Watson Lake, I will go look for Dell's sign.

Monday night is Haines Junction for Kluane NP (Yukon), then Tuesday night is Copper Center, AK, for Wrangell-St. Elias. Then 3 nights in Anchorage, going to visit an uncle who lives there, and rest up. Maybe go down to Kenai Fjords NP. After that, I start back down.

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

post #4 of 17 Old Jun 7th, 2009, 12:53 am

Tom, you're doing great, but more importantly, you're raising awareness and garnering donations for a very worthy cause.

For those that don't know, pediatric brain tumors are the most deadly form of Cancer in young children, with 9 new cases being diagnosed each and every day. Of those new cases diagnosed, 75% of the victims are under the age of 15 years, and of those children 40% will die within 5 years of diagnosis.

Tom, myself and many others are trying to raise money to help find a cure for this most deadly disease.

Good work, Tom, and you definitely deserve to Ride with Pride...

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

post #5 of 17 Old Jun 7th, 2009, 8:31 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfredriksson
Good work, Tom, and you definitely deserve to Ride with Pride...
Thank-you, John.

Quote:
Here you go, Doug, it's still there. And Gary at the Sealaska says hi back.

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

Last edited by tlash; Jun 7th, 2009 at 11:03 pm.
post #6 of 17 Old Jun 7th, 2009, 9:26 pm

Thumbs up Re: NPT Ride-4-Kids

Thanks Tom;
Looks as good as the day Dell and I put it up almost 2 years ago (June 23, 2007).
Donation sent.

Doug Holck
Lodi, Ca

Ride safely my friends

02 K1200LTe
04 1150GS Adventure
08 Suzuki DR650

BMW MOA 109760
HDDC POSSE

post #7 of 17 Old Jun 8th, 2009, 12:15 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks Tom;
Looks as good as the day Dell and I put it up almost 2 years ago (June 23, 2007).
Donation sent.
Thank-you Doug!

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

post #8 of 17 Old Jun 8th, 2009, 1:14 pm

Thank you, Tom. I will send in a donation too.

Joan Lim
www.dellfields.com
post #9 of 17 Old Jun 8th, 2009, 5:48 pm

Hi Tom:
What an awesome way to raise money for this worthy cause! Brain Cancer Sucks no matter what age, I lost my dad this year thanks to the most deadly form: Glioblastoma Multiforme. As hard as it was to lose him, it don't think it compares to the devastation of losing a child to this monster. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your efforts.

I donated a little something on your page. I wish you safe journey.

Terri Rasters
http://silverhornblower.blogspot.com
post #10 of 17 Old Jun 8th, 2009, 8:16 pm Thread Starter

Joan & Terri,

Thank-you very much, ladies.

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

post #11 of 17 Old Jun 9th, 2009, 8:22 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Thanks Tom;
Donation sent.
It's great to see the picture.

Dan-A
-----> BMW MOA # 137114
HDDC

2013 R1200GS LC
2009 HD XR1200 Sportster
post #12 of 17 Old Jun 9th, 2009, 1:35 pm

Loved the picture of the sign! You made your donation target!

When you get to Deese Lake on your way north from Hyder, think about the fact that I got that far before being told by the waitress at the coffee shop there I was going the wrong way if I was headed back to the states. I'll take help anywhere I can find it...

Cheers!

Bob Bacon
El Cerrito, (Northern) CA
'15 GTL-E in White
'09 LT in Blk "Weave II" 120k miles before it was totaled
'00 LTC+ in CR "Weave" 240k miles before it was totaled
MOA IBA HDDC CRS
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

post #13 of 17 Old Jun 9th, 2009, 2:07 pm

Smile Re: NPT Ride-4-Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcommuter
Loved the picture of the sign! You made your donation target!

When you get to Deese Lake on your way north from Hyder, think about the fact that I got that far before being told by the waitress at the coffee shop there I was going the wrong way if I was headed back to the states. I'll take help anywhere I can find it...

Cheers!
Excellent, thanks Bob.

Lots of time left before Tom has to turn in the funds,

LETS DOUBLE HIS GOAL !

Please keep donating, you never know which dollar will fund the cure?

Doug Holck
Lodi, Ca

Ride safely my friends

02 K1200LTe
04 1150GS Adventure
08 Suzuki DR650

BMW MOA 109760
HDDC POSSE

post #14 of 17 Old Jun 13th, 2009, 1:29 am Thread Starter

Wow! Thanks Bob, and thanks to everyone for helping me make my goal. But it is still a few months before the NorCal Ride-4-Kids, and I still want people to feel encouraged to donate to the charity. So, as Doug suggested, I'm going to raise the bar, and up my goal. I may not get there, but every dollar goes towards a worthy cause.

With much appreciation, thanks everybody for getting me this far.

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

post #15 of 17 Old Jul 21st, 2009, 5:47 pm Thread Starter

A big thanks to Ted for the last contribution to my charity site.

An update: Today, I scored another major site in my National Parks Tour, gold level --- Florida. The gold level requires Alaska, California, Florida, and Maine. I've now got 3 out of 4.

Hey Roger, I'm coming your way....

My blog can be viewed at:
http://www.tlash.net
then click: Roadtrip 2009

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

post #16 of 17 Old Jul 21st, 2009, 6:12 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlash
A big thanks to Ted for the last contribution to my charity site.

An update: Today, I scored another major site in my National Parks Tour, gold level --- Florida. The gold level requires Alaska, California, Florida, and Maine. I've now got 3 out of 4.

Hey Roger, I'm coming your way....

My blog can be viewed at:
http://www.tlash.net
then click: Roadtrip 2009
Get up there and have the first HDDC Maine

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #17 of 17 Old Jul 21st, 2009, 7:00 pm

Absolutely awesome!

Fred Jewell
No longer president, River City Beemers
2009 R1200RT - Silver

BMWMOA #123779
BMWRA #38714
IBA #24559

"Shadowboxing the apocalypse, wandering the land"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in