Moving to Midwest - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old May 10th, 2009, 1:37 pm Thread Starter

Smile Moving to Midwest

Well I know it has been a while since I posted, but on behalf of me and Gail we wanted to thank everyone for the great times we have enjoyed with the Norcal group of riders we have met over the years. Retirement is a couple days away and June 1st we will be heading to our new home about an hour from Branson Mo.. So if your in the area I will always have a spare bedroom and garage space with a few tools to work on farkling. Hopefully are paths will cross along the road or at a Curve Cowboy Reunion. Again thanks for the good times Rob &Gail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old May 10th, 2009, 3:17 pm

Re: Moving to Midwest

Nothing but the best for both of you...Hope we meet again.

Nelson
99 K1200LT
post #3 of 22 Old May 10th, 2009, 4:53 pm

Where are you moving to exactly. I grew up in Neosho and have family in Joplin.

05 LT
Marine Engineering Officer
US Army

post #4 of 22 Old May 10th, 2009, 4:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashty
Well I know it has been a while since I posted, but on behalf of me and Gail we wanted to thank everyone for the great times we have enjoyed with the Norcal group of riders we have met over the years. Retirement is a couple days away and June 1st we will be heading to our new home about an hour from Branson Mo.. So if your in the area I will always have a spare bedroom and garage space with a few tools to work on farkling. Hopefully are paths will cross along the road or at a Curve Cowboy Reunion. Again thanks for the good times Rob &Gail
I have a cousin in Nixa, a bil in Greenfield and a nephew now in Kansas City. Nice area for riding with hills and views everywhere. It reminds me of Maine a bit but the roads are nicer there with much milder winters. Branson should be fun for you too. Good luck to you and Gail. I'll stop and see you on one of my treks. Lucky you.

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 22 Old May 10th, 2009, 5:35 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up Re: Moving to Midwest

Hey Roger, We our about 45 miles southeast of Springfield, the town is called Mansfield.
Home of the Luara Ingalls Wilder museum. I 'll look forward to your next trip, thats 2,000 miles from here, and I will have the motorcycle lift available. Take Care Rob
post #6 of 22 Old May 10th, 2009, 5:39 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

We will miss you and Gail. It has been our pleasure.

You need to join us for an HDDC farewell dinner before you leave.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy

Last edited by RaffyK; May 11th, 2009 at 12:12 am.
post #7 of 22 Old May 10th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Quote:
Hey Roger, We our about 45 miles southeast of Springfield, the town is called Mansfield.
Home of the Luara Ingalls Wilder museum. I 'll look forward to your next trip, thats 2,000 miles from here, and I will have the motorcycle lift available. Take Care Rob
Enjoy. It's great country out there. I grew up in KC and my folks are retired in Bella Vista. A group of us will be riding through there on June 2nd on our way to KC for some BBQ, then back across Hwy 50.

2012 Custom Twin Cam (Building now from the frame up)
2011 HD Road Glide Ultra (Sweet Ride)
2010 HD Road Glide (Traded)
2007 Triumph Rocket III Classic (Sold)
2007 HD SE Ultra - RIP
2006 KLR650 "SOLD"
2006 R1200RT "Traded"
2000 HD Road Glide "SOLD"
2001 HD Softail (Sold)

post #8 of 22 Old May 10th, 2009, 9:44 pm

Enjoy retirement and all of your new adventures! I'll be sure to give a holler if I pass through.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #9 of 22 Old May 11th, 2009, 1:36 am
Old Dawg

Hey Rob you sure will be missed. My dad grew up in Carrollton, MO.
I would love to know how you decided on Mansfield and what lead you to those choices.

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

''03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW GS/A
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
post #10 of 22 Old May 11th, 2009, 9:45 am

Quote:
Only 1600 miles from here in Maine. My brother-in-law lives about the same distance from Springfield as you. He came from Cottonwood, CA a few years ago and bought two properties, an old farmhouse with barns on 300 acres that he rents out, and he lives in a newer house on 10 acres a few miles away. My nephew, his son, just moved away from Dover and went to live with his father there until he can get established in Kansas City where he wants to live.

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub

post #11 of 22 Old May 11th, 2009, 3:21 pm

Rob and Gail,

It is a pleasure to know you and we continue to have fond memories of our rides together some years back but especially CCR 2005. We know it's been your goal to move "out east" for some time and its great to see the dreams and plans come true for caring people that have made a difference in one's life. You can count on us looking you up next year and we just may take you up on your generous offer. If there is an HDDC farewell dinner, we'll be there.

All the best to you as you start the next chapter of your lives together!

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"
post #12 of 22 Old May 11th, 2009, 8:51 pm
Rider Journeyman

Howdy Rob,

Best wishes to you and Gail on your latest adventure. Nancy and I look forward to taking you up on your offer, probably won't be in the winter though

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05

RCB AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
CCR: '04 Breckenridge CO, '05 Jackson Lake Lodge WY, '06 Chateau Elan GA, '08 Midway UT

post #13 of 22 Old May 11th, 2009, 9:56 pm Thread Starter

Scott,
I have a friend who talked me into buying the LT years ago, then he up and moved to Missiouri last year. He wanted us to visit so me and Gail flew out rented a cage and drove around the state looking at homes and visiting with some friends. We both loved the area the people and the slower paced life. We found a house we both loved for different reasons needless to say the garage in the new home sold me. So we came home figured out finances and made an offer which was excepted. We are looking forward to the move, the only down side so far is the housing market here isn't to great for selling a home right now, but we have had some serious interest. So that is how we ended up picking Mo. I have to say that me and Mike (Bushwacker) drove around thae East coast last year and found some really nice homes in Upstate New York but the taxes were crazy. Also as a side note I sold the LT/Uni-go today. But, the 2004 GSA is safely sitting in my new garage with the trike. So thats my story, the only left to sell is the 1973 Buick Riviera in the next 3 weeks and we are gone. Gail says she is looking forward to visitor's guys so it's only 30 hours away. Take Care Rob
post #14 of 22 Old May 12th, 2009, 12:25 am
Senior Member (ret.)

That has the 425 ci in it right?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #15 of 22 Old May 12th, 2009, 12:45 am
Old Dawg

Thanks for responding, I am always curious how people end up picking totally new places. I have been to there a few times to see where my dad and his side of the family grew up and I did enjoy it. They grew up there in the 1920's and 1930's so they dealt with the dust bowl and depression.
The Ozarks seem like a place I would really enjoy (esp. if I had a boat).

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

''03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW GS/A
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
post #16 of 22 Old May 12th, 2009, 8:02 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffyK
That has the 425 ci in it right?
My '73 Riv had a 454, I believe. Hard to remember that far back, after so many *I shoulda kept it* keepers!!! What a boat that thang wuz - don't guess we'll see any more like that again.

Hey, Prime - you still in this thread?? I wuz born in Neosho at Sale Memorial; grew up in Bolivar and Aurora, and finished schooling over in KS (Baxter Springs). Still love the area as a visit, butt would rather live over near where Rob and Gail are moving to.

Best of luck on the move, Rob; you picked a great place to settle, with all of southern MO and northern AR, even parts of eastern OK; plus the eastern states connections. Good people; good roads; good countrysides. Plus only an hour away from the mother of all sporting goods stores!! Bass Pro Shop in Springfield. A two-day adventure if you wanna see it all!!!
post #17 of 22 Old May 12th, 2009, 8:17 am

My parents had a small farm in Keytesville, MO. Still have an aunt and uncle in Keytesville - my uncle used to be the mayor. It is very pretty there in the spring and fall and the roads are great to travel - all the twisties and the great smells of rural life. Hope you enjoy it.
post #18 of 22 Old May 12th, 2009, 12:23 pm
BMW Guru

Hey Rob congrats on your retirement!! We'll miss you and Gail out here. Good luck on your new adventure in life

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #19 of 22 Old May 12th, 2009, 1:18 pm Thread Starter

Raffy, the engine is the 455, the car only has 49,000 miles and is all electric. I'm willing to trade for some shooting toys, you know you want to thin out your herd of toys. Rob
post #20 of 22 Old May 18th, 2009, 2:01 pm

Hi Rob and Gail,

Carlene and I are very happy for the both of you on two fronts. You are retiring with all your marbles in place, and that you have found the ideal place to start the new journey.
I will be looking for the twin to my LT and trailer out there.
Thanks for the trips together.
Mike and Carlene
post #21 of 22 Old May 18th, 2009, 2:21 pm

Rob, Gail,

All the best with your new life. Enjoy retirement.

Take Care.

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else
post #22 of 22 Old May 18th, 2009, 10:33 pm

Rob, Gail, I have family in Branson, Springfield and Joplin. I'll be stopping by to see what kind of garage was worth the move half way across the country!!! Congrats and thank you for all your help in the past. Enjoy a well deserved retirement.

2005 LT AKA:"PHAT BOY"
Dark Graphite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in