BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Ride to Black Chasm National Landmark

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  amarider 
#1 ·
The Sun is suppose to be out tomorrow (Sunday 15th) so it must be ride time.
Gotta get out with the new ride and I also need to figure out a name for the new beast.....

How about a ride up to this place.

Meet for Breakfast at Café Benardo 28th and Capital between 9:30 - 10:00, and plan to ride at 10:30.
Plan for a ride up through Plymouth, Fiddletown and Volcano on the way to the Black Chasm.

1. John

#5 ·
amarider said:
Gotta get out with the new ride and I also need to figure out a name for the new beast.....
New ride?? What'd you get, John??

... And 2 minutes later...

Ahh, never mind, I saw it in the other thread. Nice bike, Congrats!

#6 ·
DavidTaylor said:
New ride?? What'd you get, John??

... And 2 minutes later...

Ahh, never mind, I saw it in the other thread. Nice bike, Congrats!
Thanks David.:D

#10 ·
1. John
2. Jim
3. Roger
4. Shredder
5. Tom
6. Nathan
7. Sharkey

#16 ·
That was a great ride today... :D
Don't ever think I can remember having that much fun on the first full day ride on a new motorcycle!
The GS is unbelievable! - don't ride one unless your ready to buy.....

#18 ·
Tallyho said:
Did you go in the chasm cave and see the helictite crystals?
No, Bob, we didn’t. But I do believe the Dilithium crystals in John’s new bike were working fine as it appeared that warp was achieved several times today.

Some more pics:

After splitting from the group at Pine Grove I made it to Woodbridge for one more photo op for the day:

On my way toward Rio Vista on 12, my iPod began playing Warren Zevon,

I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand
Walking through the streets of Soho in the rain
He was looking for a place called Lee Ho Fook's
Going to get himself a big dish of beef chow mein

I turned north on 160 to Isleton. I didn’t fine Lee Ho’s place, but Rogelio's served me a dish of beef chow mein. I was home about 5 PM. Thanks for letting my tag along again guys.

Good times.

#19 ·
Thanks everybody I had a great time. I got to get a camera so I can save the memories.

#20 ·
tlash said:
No, Bob, we didn’t. But I do believe the Dilithium crystals in John’s new bike were working fine as it appeared that warp was achieved several times today.
Hhmmmmmmmmmmmm, I beleive there might be a message here somewhere.;)

The bike handles great, I'm amazed at how it carves corners, don't know if I can ride it sub-warp.:D

See you a week from Thursday - DVD is getting close.

#21 ·
amarider said:
Hhmmmmmmmmmmmm, I beleive there might be a message here somewhere.;)

The bike handles great, I'm amazed at how it carves corners, don't know if I can ride it sub-warp.:D

See you a week from Thursday - DVD is getting close.

Thinking about the towns of Joshua Tree and Twentynine Palms on Friday, on the way to Furnace Creek from Tehachapi. It's only a mere 430ish miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.