BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

San Mateo Bike Show

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Ted Shred 
#1 ·
The only day I can go is Friday. The show is 4pm to 9:00. Probably go down a little early to miss the traffic and have lunch. Anyone else headed down that day?

#7 ·
Heading down Saturday - Best day for traffic. Anyone want to meet enroute around Hwy 4/Hwy 160 Brentwood-Oakly area. We can take Vasco over to 580 and straight to San Mateo.

#12 ·
I'm all too familiar with Fridays in SF Bay area, I worked in the city for 31 years. By 9:00 or so it should be tolerable but not great. If the weather is OK I'll take the bike down early and then do the show. If the weather is poor I'll take the P/U and suffer thru.....I don't mind the cold but hate riding in the fog, always seems to be an idiot doing 90mph screaming up behind in a car....

#13 ·
Not that it matters but I've read in numerous places BMW is not participating in the show this year except for Los Angeles. What?

Of course, they have all the new BMW stuff at the local dealers anyway. Cycle Specialties moved into their new building recently.(now selling Triumph too) There's supposed to be a grand opening affair in a couple weeks.

#14 ·
Tallyho said:
Not that it matters but I've read in numerous places BMW is not participating in the show this year except for Los Angeles. What?

Of course, they have all the new BMW stuff at the local dealers anyway. Cycle Specialties moved into their new building recently.(now selling Triumph too) There's supposed to be a grand opening affair in a couple weeks.
The Northern California BMW Dealers will have a booth. The S1000RR may make an appearance.

#16 ·
mikerd400 said:
If it isn't raining, I'll head that way and meet up with you.
OK - :thumb:
Plans are: Cathy is going and we're heading out about 8:30 - 9:00am. Depending on the Temps if it's going to be on the M/C or a door slammer:(.
Mike give me a call if you are going to head this way in the morning.

#17 ·
amarider said:
OK - :thumb:
Plans are: Cathy is going and we're heading out about 8:30 - 9:00am. Depending on the Temps if it's going to be on the M/C or a door slammer:(.
Mike give me a call if you are going to head this way in the morning.
Ok. I need your phone number.

#20 ·
John, it was great seeing you guys at the show, today. We'll have to setup a dinner in our neck of the woods, after the holidays, so that some of us "old" HDDC/South aka SAWDOG folks can get together for a quiet dinner in our neck of the woods, maybe in Brentwood, Clayton, Danville, Pleasanton or Livermore (perhaps at "The Cattlemen's"--which is one of Bob 'TenBeers' favorite haunts). It would be great seeing Nelson, Bob, Larry, Steve, Dan and the rest of the locals again. Heck, it would be awesome if some of the folks from the Sac area could make it too.

Again, it was great seeing you today!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.