New Dealer - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 12:35 am Thread Starter

New Dealer

Looks like Calmoto of Mt View is opening a store in Livermore
trivalleymoto.com
Don't have much experience with the main store, but at least it's closer than a trip to San Jose, Modesto, or Walnut Creek if you need a part.
Airway [email protected]

Glenn BTW
California Delta Country
05 LT, ocean blue ( the replacement player)
05 LT, dark graphite (motorcycle heaven)

1100RT-P in a previous life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 2:25 am
Super Moderator

Re: New Dealer

Always nice to hear about a dealer opening rather than closing. I just hope they aren't as proud of that shop as they are of the Mountain View one and overcharge for everything there, too.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 7:02 pm

Thumbs up Re: New Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTaylor
Always nice to hear about a dealer opening rather than closing. I just hope they aren't as proud of that shop as they are of the Mountain View one and overcharge for everything there, too.

+1

Just Bob.

post #4 of 13 Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 10:31 am

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how consumer friendly they are. All I know is that it's taken forever to open this shop, if in fact they're actually open yet?

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 13 Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 3:20 pm

Cool Re: New Dealer

Not open yet, supposed to open this next week, driving by, not to sure though.

Just Bob.
post #6 of 13 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 1:27 pm

Unhappy Re: New Dealer

Tri-Valley Moto is now open.

First impressions:

Still needs some work to complete (Signage/training/setup)
Stopped by service to get pricing on standard stuff.
Also bought some 10W40 synthetic to compare pricing. (12.00 per quart compared to Modesto dealer 7.79 quart)

They won't install or use any parts not purchased there, this includes oil, oil filters, tires, or any BMW parts not purchased there.

Prices are the same as Cal Moto for all services, (they had to call there to get pricing for me on a-la-carte services, (valve adjustment)).

Nice show room, big place, BMW, KTM and Triumph. 9 M/C service bays.

Also, for you in the know, why would synthetic oil prices go up with the price of oil if they are synthetic oil? Just wondering.

Just Bob.
post #7 of 13 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 3:43 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasters

First impressions:

...Also, for you in the know, why would synthetic oil prices go up with the price of oil if they are synthetic oil? Just wondering.

Just Bob.
Bob:

All I can figure is that it costs more to ship the oil, because the delivery trucks still use diesel? Personally, I buy my Castrol Synthetic at Cycle Gear, when on sale. That stuff runs me about $7.95/qt WHEN it's on sale. All the bike shops I frequent, including California Speed-Sports in your neck of the woods, seems to charge over $10/qt for synthetic. I'm thinking about switching to RedLine, which can be found for less at Monument Auto Parts.

Bob, by the way, my friend, Kevin, who used to be with Vespa of Walnut Creek is now at Tri-Valley Moto. He loves BMW's and has always ridden BMW's; that is his dream job!

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

post #8 of 13 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 8:17 pm

Thumbs down Re: New Dealer

Quote:

First impressions:

Still needs some work to complete (Signage/training/setup)
Stopped by service to get pricing on standard stuff.
Also bought some BMW 10W40 synthetic to compare pricing. (12.00 per quart compared to Modesto dealer 7.79 quart)

They won't install or use any parts not purchased there, this includes oil, oil filters, tires, or any BMW parts not purchased there.

Prices are the same as Cal Moto for all services, (they had to call there to get pricing for me on a-la-carte services, (valve adjustment)).

Nice show room, big place, BMW, KTM and Triumph. 9 M/C service bays.

Also, for you in the know, why would synthetic oil prices go up with the price of oil if they are synthetic oil? Just wondering.

Just Bob.
Correction, was quoted wrong price for synthetic oil by Cycle Specialties, synthetic oil price is in line with other dealers.

But! Back in the day when I worked in retail, there was two rules.
#1 "The Customer is always right, he pay's our pay checks and is the reason for us being there."
#2 "When the Customer is wrong, refer to rule #1"

I won't be going back, lets see how long they last with the same type of customer service that was SOP for Cal BMW in Mountain View.

Just Bob.

Last edited by brasters; Aug 8th, 2008 at 8:23 pm.
post #9 of 13 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 8:55 pm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Correction, was quoted wrong price for synthetic oil by Cycle Specialties, synthetic oil price is in line with other dealers.

But! Back in the day when I worked in retail, there was two rules.
#1 "The Customer is always right, he pay's our pay checks and is the reason for us being there."
#2 "When the Customer is wrong, refer to rule #1"

I won't be going back, lets see how long they last with the same type of customer service that was SOP for Cal BMW in Mountain View.

Just Bob.
Just curious, what made you jump to bad customer service for the new shop when it was Cycle Specialties that quoted you the wrong price for oil?

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #10 of 13 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 9:42 pm

Thumbs down Re: New Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTaylor
Just curious, what made you jump to bad customer service for the new shop when it was Cycle Specialties that quoted you the wrong price for oil?
Well David, When I went back to get a refund, Lisa argued with me about the price and basically called me a Liar. Then called Cycle Specialties and got the same price I did, not till she pushed Cycle Specialties was it found that they had the wrong part number priced. I spent about a half hour over this. If they had just refunded the money or not gone out of their way to prove me wrong I would have called it an honest mistake and gone on from there. But any place that goes out of their way to belittle the customer, (again that word Customer, see rule #1) then I don't have to spend my hard earned cash there, nor recommend them.
post #11 of 13 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 11:47 pm

Glenn ByTheWay and others: we're now up and running. Come check us out!

Lisa Malachowsky
Parts Manager, Tri-Valley Moto
www.trivalleymoto.com
post #12 of 13 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 11:54 pm

To Bob Rasters publically: I was not intending or attempting to call you a liar -- I'm sorry if that is how you interpreted my actions. I was trying to ensure that our prices were competitive and I discovered they were by confirming what you told me. I think anyone with any good business sense would try to confirm what a customer was telling them when there was such a price differential as there was in this case. I was honestly trying to understand why there was a discrepancy!

Come on Bob! You know me better than that from the SJBMW days and I have gone to bat for you many times in the past. I don't expect you to come back given how you feel about this but let's be fair. I'm ending this issue here and I hope you do too!

Lisa Malachowsky
post #13 of 13 Old Aug 9th, 2008, 12:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn
Looks like Calmoto of Mt View is opening a store in Livermore
trivalleymoto.com
Don't have much experience with the main store, but at least it's closer than a trip to San Jose, Modesto, or Walnut Creek if you need a part.
Airway [email protected]
I liked CalMoto better than the one in San Jose.

Matt Kas

13 Triumph Trophy SE Lunar Silver
12 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive Pearl White

Laguna Niguel, Southern California (South Orange County)
"Riding Year around"

Last edited by MattKas; Aug 9th, 2008 at 12:53 pm. Reason: removing the

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in