Dealer You Can Trust - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 10:26 am Thread Starter

Dealer You Can Trust

I am in the quandry of just changing from the KGT2 to an '09 LT.(love it)
I will be travaeling quite a bit to visit my son who is an airman stationed in Ca.
I am going to be needing my 6,000/12,000 mi. services done.

My question is: Has anyone got an opinion on the service dept. @ A/S cycles in Sacramento, or BMW Santa Cruz. How about Sierra BMW in Reno?

Not looking to flame anybody at all, just the opposite, I am looknig for good reports for any of these dealers.

My dealer here in Idaho has lost his chief mechanic, and his replacement, lets just say won't be working on my bike. Kinda scary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 10:37 am
Bouncer

Re: Dealer You Can Trust

There is a Dealer Experiences forum that has comments from many dealers, including the ones you are inquiring about...

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 8:24 pm

[QUOTE=ltdavey]I am in the quandry of just changing from the KGT2 to an '09 LT.(love it)
I will be travaeling quite a bit to visit my son who is an airman stationed in Ca.
I am going to be needing my 6,000/12,000 mi. services done.

My question is: Has anyone got an opinion on the service dept. @ A/S cycles in Sacramento, or BMW Santa Cruz. How about Sierra BMW in Reno?

Anyone who rides will have stories I have had A&S do some work on my bikes they do it on time ( barring the unseen) and are frendly . Nothing with that sinning prop logo will be cheap so.....

the bennifit is here in the Sac area there are many members of the List who can help you if something goes awry . there is a resturant next door to the shop so you wont starve. If you do it on a Wed you can join us for Food/ride.

Chuck

post #4 of 15 Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 11:46 pm

A & S in Roseville services my 3 BMW's when needed and no compaints.

They charge enough to do the job right and to keep the lights on.

I think the cost is worth it, nobody should ride motorcycles to save money cause it just costs $$$$ to have this much fun.

Doug Holck
Lodi, Ca

I don't always ride motorcycles,
but when I do I prefer BMW's.
Ride safely my friends

3 Continents -10 Countries - 50 States

02 K1200LTe
04 1150GS Adventure
08 Suzuki DR650
CCR 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
See you 2015 in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho

BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

post #5 of 15 Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 12:25 am

The only dealer I've had service experience with is Cycle Specialities in Modesto. They've been great! I've often seen bikes from San Jose, the greater Bay Area, and Sacramento, getting their bikes serviced at Cycle Specialities.

George
Modesto, CA
2005 K 1200 LT Dark Graphite
post #6 of 15 Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 12:40 am
Super Moderator

San Jose BMW has taken excellent care of me for 10 years. I can highly recommend them.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #7 of 15 Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 12:42 am
IBR# 366

Garage

I had the 600-mile service on my GT done at A&S. No problems, except that they were quite busy (that's a good sign).

I've ordered parts from BMW Santa Cruz with good results, but haven't had any service done there.

I don't have direct experience with Sierra BMW, except that a friend swears by them enough to drive down from Montana so they can service his bike.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #8 of 15 Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 10:22 am

I bought my '05 LT new at A & S and they have done all the service up to now, bike always returned on time and clean. Just turned 10k and have learned enough at this point to take over the bulk of my servicing myself but I still find them a friendly place to hang out/collect beemer data. No experience yet with other dealerships. Next closest are Sierra BMW & San Jose BMW.
post #9 of 15 Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 12:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Presnail
I bought my GT and have had it serviced at Cal Moto in Mountain View. They always give me a Triumph Bonneville as a (free) loaner, which is a nice reminder of why I like my K1200GT so much.

There are lots of BMW dealers in this area. San Francisco BMW is a big shop that does both cars and bikes -- I've had my car (Z4) there for service but never my bike. Marin BMW put a new tire on for me after I picked up a nail, and they were good.
post #10 of 15 Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 12:07 pm

Wink Re: Dealer You Can Trust

Two thumbs up for A&S. All my service gets done there. Good people, prices are very reasonable and done in a timely fasion. They do a profesional job on everything. I wouldnt worry on taking it to them. Free soda and water while you wait and as stated a restraunt next door. Location, people, service!!!!!!!
post #11 of 15 Old Jul 7th, 2008, 7:02 pm

Question Bmw k1200 lt 03 engine noise

I just bought a K 1200lt last week with 29.000 miles. It is a very nice bike!
I rode last week around 300 miles with my lovely wife and we loved it. Now, there is only one thing that I am in doubt. The bike makes a nocking noise around 1000 rpm, and I took it back to the BMW dealer where I bought from , and they said it is normal. Would it really be normal for a BMW bike?
post #12 of 15 Old Jul 7th, 2008, 7:06 pm
BMW Guru

Re: Bmw k1200 lt 03 engine noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beginner
I just bought a K 1200lt last week with 29.000 miles. It is a very nice bike!
I rode last week around 300 miles with my lovely wife and we loved it. Now, there is only one thing that I am in doubt. The bike makes a nocking noise around 1000 rpm, and I took it back to the BMW dealer where I bought from , and they said it is normal. Would it really be normal for a BMW bike?
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37915

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #13 of 15 Old Jul 8th, 2008, 1:29 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonafidebob
I bought my GT and have had it serviced at Cal Moto in Mountain View. They always give me a Triumph Bonneville as a (free) loaner, which is a nice reminder of why I like my K1200GT so much.

There are lots of BMW dealers in this area. San Francisco BMW is a big shop that does both cars and bikes -- I've had my car (Z4) there for service but never my bike. Marin BMW put a new tire on for me after I picked up a nail, and they were good.
Do NOT consider BMW of San Francisco (see my comments and photos in the dealer rating area at http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthre...Francisco+BMW). That being said when I still owned my K12LT, I had a great experience with the work done by "The Beemer Shop" in Scott's Valley, just East of Santa Cruz off of Hwy 17.

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

Last edited by jfredriksson; Jul 8th, 2008 at 1:35 am.
post #14 of 15 Old Jul 16th, 2008, 10:48 pm

I have all my services done at Sierra BMW. (I am one of those that it is cheaper if someone else does the work then me). I have found Sierra BMW service to be outstanding. It is a small shop 3 mechanics and they are very busy right now. They also have loaner bikes.

Rusty Snyder
post #15 of 15 Old Jul 29th, 2008, 5:55 am

My only problem with A&S is that they cleaned my GS after they serviced it. Come on, a GS is supposed to be dirty.

A&S has always provided good service on my bike.

Mike
2005 BMW R1200GS
2003 Kawasaki KLR650
1977 Yamaha RD400
1976 Yamaha RD400

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in