CCR Scouting Trip to Zermatt - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Jun 1st, 2008, 11:34 pm Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thumbs up CCR Scouting Trip to Zermatt

I just got back from the CCR scouting trip to Zermatt in Midway, UT. I have to say that the resort and the area just plain rock! The resort is very new and is a nice place, laid out well, beautiful buildings and grounds, comfortable rooms, and a great staff who are very friendly and helpful. There is even a large gazebo next to an active hot spring on the grounds where the Booze Brothers can congregate and share some jokes, lies and good sippin' whisky (no skinny dippin, though )! It's nestled right up against the Wasatch mountains and it is some of the most beautiful country I've seen in a while. Lots of twisty roads and fantastic scenery. ElJeffe and I flogged my rental car over highway 224 into Park City, and that one is definitely GS only (mostly gravel and steep & twisty). But MAN OH MAN! the views from the top back into Heber Valley once we cleared the tree line were spectacular! We also took a train ride on the Heber Valley Railroad which follows the Provo River down the canyon for several miles, and the views from there were just awesone! We arranged a private train ride for our group for Wednesday evening (tickets will be available on the CCR website very soon) and I can highly recommend it.

If you've signed up for CCR you're really going to be in for a treat. If you haven't and/or are on the fence about going, I would really recommend signing up and going. It's a great venue and area, a fairly short ride from NorCal, and I think most everyone can find something to do that they would enjoy, assuming you get bored riding a really great collection of twisty and highly scenic roads. There's hiking, horseback riding hiking, fly fishing, rafting kayaking, mountain biking, etc., not to mention the full spa at the resort.

I'm really looking forward to this year's CCR, it's going to be a blast!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 6:56 am

Re: CCR Scouting Trip to Zermatt

Thanks Dave for all the HARD work you and Jeff are doing! I hope you two didn't drink all of the supply of Polygamy Porter. I just drank my last one and need to resupply! I may have to fly up and get some before all the booze bro's show up!

ps I am thinking hard on which brew I will bring to CCR this year, I may surprise everyone! Bring "Sweet Tea" or sumpin!

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 9:14 am Thread Starter
Super Moderator

We left plenty of Polygamy porter there for you. You know my and ElJeffe's order, Purple Haze!!!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #4 of 8 Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 11:27 am

Also, right across the street is horseback riding and some weird game called, golf. The neatest thang across the street is a domed Caldera where you can scuba dive, snorkel, or just sit in 90 degree water. The thang is 64 feet deep. If you've never scuba dived before, you can go on a test run with them to see if you like it.

The roads and scenery are spectacular!

There are good restaurants in Midway and Heber. We ate at a spot in Heber called the "Spicy Lady", one of the oldest buildings in Heber Valley. I had the kangaroo and it was good.

Lots to do and I can't wait.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #5 of 8 Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 11:28 pm

Kangaroo!!!!....you dingo!

Ralph
Located: Auckland, New Zealand...
but I left my biking heart along the Scenic Byways of America.....

"Come fill the cup that clears
Today of past regrets and future fears." ....Omar Khayyam
post #6 of 8 Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 5:01 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmg08057
Kangaroo!!!!....you dingo!
Or is that dingbat?!

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #7 of 8 Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 8:59 am

can we go now???? I am soooo ready!!!

Wolfgang

K1200LT 1999 Champaign SOLD
R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Mark Twain

post #8 of 8 Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 12:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang
can we go now???? I am soooo ready!!!
I hear you loud and clear and totally concur!!!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in