04 1150GS Adventure
08 Suzuki DR650
CCR 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
See you 2015 in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho

BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:25 am

Re: Auburn 49er Rally 5/23 - 26

I'm going up this morning to talk to Rick about making a seat for my scooter. I will be going tomorrow also because there will be more "action". They have this rule that says only BMW bikes will be allowed past the gate so I need some clarity on that also if Rick can do the seat for me.

If any of us want to meet at A&S tomorrow for free doughnuts and then ride up to Auburn I will join in.
post #3 of 6 Old May 23rd, 2008, 12:19 pm

Hopefully Saturday, Give me a call Doug if you coming up Saturday.

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else

post #4 of 6 Old May 24th, 2008, 8:02 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell
I'm going up this morning to talk to Rick about making a seat for my scooter. I will be going tomorrow also because there will be more "action". They have this rule that says only BMW bikes will be allowed past the gate so I need some clarity on that also if Rick can do the seat for me.

If any of us want to meet at A&S tomorrow for free doughnuts and then ride up to Auburn I will join in.
Dell:

I'll be interested to hear IF Rick will do a seat for the MP3's, because Corbin "threw up their hands" because of the seat sensor. They had no source to buy switches in bulk, BUT if Rick can simply remake the seat using our own seat sensors, that will prompt me to take a ride up North.

By the way, I supplimented my MP3 with a used (820 miles) '03 Aprilia Atlantic 500. Now, I have my cross country scoot!

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

post #5 of 6 Old May 25th, 2008, 12:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfredriksson
Dell:

I'll be interested to hear IF Rick will do a seat for the MP3's, because Corbin "threw up their hands" because of the seat sensor. They had no source to buy switches in bulk, BUT if Rick can simply remake the seat using our own seat sensors, that will prompt me to take a ride up North.

By the way, I supplimented my MP3 with a used (820 miles) '03 Aprilia Atlantic 500. Now, I have my cross country scoot!
The rally had a mixture of bikes which was sort of surprising to me considering the organizers said non-BMWs would not be allowed past the gate. I even saw a Piaggio MP3 500 owned by a person who rode it all the way from Capitola (pretty far on a scooter). It was nice to meet the owner known as 87andstillriding (screen name on the Vespa forum). (Yes Captain John I now know 87's true identity)

Both John Flowers and I talked to Rick about seats, John for his new Yamaha and me for the Piaggio scooter. Rick will make a seat for my MP3 and is familiar with the sensing system. He has already made a couple for CanAm Spyders that have a similar sensor. Rick will use the existing sensor and pan. Now if I just get the energy to ride the scooter the 2.5 hours to Rick's shop.
post #6 of 6 Old May 25th, 2008, 2:21 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell
The rally had a mixture of bikes which was sort of surprising to me considering the organizers said non-BMWs would not be allowed past the gate. I even saw a Piaggio MP3 500 owned by a person who rode it all the way from Capitola (pretty far on a scooter). It was nice to meet the owner known as 87andstillriding (screen name on the Vespa forum). (Yes Captain John I now know 87's true identity)

Both John Flowers and I talked to Rick about seats, John for his new Yamaha and me for the Piaggio scooter. Rick will make a seat for my MP3 and is familiar with the sensing system. He has already made a couple for CanAm Spyders that have a similar sensor. Rick will use the existing sensor and pan. Now if I just get the energy to ride the scooter the 2.5 hours to Rick's shop.
Neil is a good guy and old BMW rider, like us. He was the one that did all kinds of "trick" stuff to his MP3 250, including the J.Costa Variator, LeoVinci Exhaust and Corbin's attempt at a seat. Now, he's done the same to his 500, but I'm sure he's interested in what Rick Meyer has to offer in the seat department.

Anyway, I hope Neil and you will be able to make the San Francisco Bay Area "Ride for Kids" on June 29th, because I'm shooting for 100+ scooters to attend this year--although I understand the physical challenges you face every day and the fact that you probably won't be able to attend.

As you can tell from my sig line, I now have a 2nd scoot, an Aprilia Atlantic 500--my new long distance weapon of choice. I'll definitely make one of the HDDC dinners, when they're a little closer to home, but until then, enjoy your MP3--I sure love mine!

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in