My Annual Spring Ride - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old May 11th, 2008, 11:36 am Thread Starter

My Annual Spring Ride

This year as I was looking for reasons to ride I've decided to do a Food Network Diners, Drive-in and Dives Tour on my way to my ultimate destination of New Orleans for our 5th annual Bumfest. Bumfest is held in the bayou of Louisiana on the Memorial Day weekend, hosted by a rag tag group of bikers....all makes welcome. My first stop will be Baker, CA for the Mad Greek. Next is Phoenix AZ for Chino Bandido. Las Cruces NM will provide some of the best green chile this side of the Sonora desert for stop #3. From there I ride down to Tarpley TX for Chicken Fried Lamchops and Anchioto Quail at MacandErnies as stop #4. I move east to Lockhart, TX for some of the worlds best BBQ at Blacks BBQ for stop #5. At the end of the road is Wille Mae's Scotch House for the best fried chicken on the planet.

All of the above mentioned eateries were visited by Guy Fieri of the Food Network and featured in one of his programs. I'm traveling alone this year but have many friends along the way to visit with. If weather conditions permit I intend to visit Graceland on the way home but I don't have much planned except to get back home rather quickly. Last year's ride was 5200 miles and this year looks to be a bit further but well worth the effort, for me.

Mark C.
Lodi, CA
'01 R1100RT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Not all who wander are lost"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dogg209; May 11th, 2008 at 11:47 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old May 11th, 2008, 4:57 pm

Re: My Annual Spring Ride

I am jelous! A co-worker and myself were talking about how cool it would be to do something like that the other day.
post #3 of 4 Old May 11th, 2008, 5:09 pm

Dogg,

Don't forget the Pepcid!

How's the RT running since the work from last year?

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"

post #4 of 4 Old May 12th, 2008, 2:03 pm Thread Starter

The RT is in great shape. I bought a repair manual and performed a 12000 mile service on my own over a span of two weeks. Everything is now in great shape and I'm ready to ride

Mark C.
Lodi, CA
'01 R1100RT

"Not all who wander are lost"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in