Movin' on - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 11:09 pm Thread Starter

Movin' on

Movin' up to Oregon - Salem to be exact. Leaving the stress and high cost of living and getting recertified in health care - similar to what I did for 20 years in the Air Force before going back to school to get my engineering degree and working in Hi-tech in the Bay area.

Appreciate all the friendship and comraderie that Ya'll have given me over the last 8 years I've had my LT. Had an awesome time with the NorCal bunch - all the way from before the Breckenridge CCR - but it's now time for me to move back to closer to where I grew up - in Portland. Hope to see a lot of ya'll at CCR or possibly WCR or even Ft Bragg - depends on what my class schedule is and, of course, what mama has to say .

John

John Richardson
--keeper of "The Beast"
2k Champagne LTC
Salem, OR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 11:24 pm

Re: Movin' on

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdcrzR
Movin' up to Oregon - Salem to be exact. Leaving the stress and high cost of living and getting recertified in health care - similar to what I did for 20 years in the Air Force before going back to school to get my engineering degree and working in Hi-tech in the Bay area.

Appreciate all the friendship and comraderie that Ya'll have given me over the last 8 years I've had my LT. Had an awesome time with the NorCal bunch - all the way from before the Breckenridge CCR - but it's now time for me to move back to closer to where I grew up - in Portland. Hope to see a lot of ya'll at CCR or possibly WCR or even Ft Bragg - depends on what my class schedule is and, of course, what mama has to say .

John
Good luck and best wishes with the change, John. We'll see you around.

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

On the road to wreck, and ruin - but making great time.
post #3 of 11 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 11:39 pm

Wink Re: Movin' on

John, we'll be looking for you up this way buddy! Some of us frequent the Salem area on a regular basis, so you never know who might drop in on ya. Be sure to tune in to the Pac NW Forum after you get settled. And remember that there are a few of us up here who are more than willing to pitch in if you need any assistance.

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #4 of 11 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 12:38 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdcrzR

John
Good luck John in whatever you do up in Oregon. Cant be any worse then it is in the Bay Area !!

Nelson
99 K1200LT
post #5 of 11 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 12:58 am
Some guy on the Interwebs

John, I wish you and your family the best, and know we will cross paths someday, somewhere. That's the HDDC way!!

Hal
Lodi, California

If you aren't good for anything else, you can always serve as a bad example.

HDDC Posse

post #6 of 11 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 1:11 am
Senior Member (ret.)

John:

Good luck with the move and the new career path. The Pacific Northwet group are all good people.

My best to Ellen and you.

We shall meet again.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #7 of 11 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 9:01 am

John:

I'm glad I was able to join David and you for lunch yesterday, and help send you off to your new career and life, in Oregon. Keep the faith and don't be a stranger!

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

post #8 of 11 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 9:34 am

Hey John,
I hope you enjoy your new home and the riding in the PNW. I'm sure we'll have another beer or two after a ride in the future, but no more baconizing tires in the middle of nowhere.

Take Care

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else
post #9 of 11 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 12:36 pm

All the best on the new chapter in your life. I sure we'll meet up again somewhere along the road. EXR will be up in Oregon Sept 18-22. I'll give you shout towards the end of summer.

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"
post #10 of 11 Old Apr 19th, 2008, 8:06 pm

Just some pictures I found of a fun weekend up north.

A champagne kind of day........................................and a few smiles before dinner.

A quick painting of the posse at the bridge......

A stop at some different kind of real estate.........

I took the time to sketch this at dinner.

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub

post #11 of 11 Old Apr 21st, 2008, 10:17 am

John,

Best of luck on your relocation. We'll see you on some future ride.

Dan & Joellen

Dan King
2000 K1200LTC
Springville, Ca

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in