Wanted: OEM exhaust for LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Apr 1st, 2008, 9:17 am Thread Starter

Wanted: OEM exhaust for LT

I just posted this in the classified forum but though I would ping you guys too.

If you've switched to a Remus and don't have more than about 30k miles on your old stock exhaust then I would be interested in buying it from you.

Yes, while I'm trying to set a record for the most replaced parts on any LT, this one doesn't count since it will be the second time I've had leaks in the exhaust and had to replace it.

225k miles and counting doesn't mean as much when the only original part left will be the odometer!

Cheers!

Bob Bacon
El Cerrito, (Northern) CA
'15 GTL-E in White
'09 LT in Blk "Weave II" 120k miles before it was totaled
'00 LTC+ in CR "Weave" 240k miles before it was totaled
MOA IBA HDDC CRS
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Apr 1st, 2008, 10:48 am
Mister Moto

Re: Wanted: OEM exhaust for LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcommuter
If you've switched to a Remus and don't have more than about 30k miles on your old stock exhaust then I would be interested in buying it from you....
You probably already know this but, if you don't find one here you can probably get a used one from Tony at LTPARTS.com...

>K-daug

aka: studio4design
'06 LT "Shamu"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 Old Apr 1st, 2008, 12:23 pm
BMW Guru

I've had good service from Beemer Boneyard. They found a near new throttle body for my GS...

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #4 of 9 Old Apr 1st, 2008, 12:43 pm Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I'll probably end up doing that butt I wanted to give the local boys a chance to turn some cash (to buy more farkles from Raffy) first!

Cheers!

Bob Bacon
'15 GTL-E in White
MOA IBA HDDC CRS
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

post #5 of 9 Old Apr 1st, 2008, 2:15 pm

Got 1 off my '02. Has 25-30k, replaced w/Remus mid-'04. How's $150.00+ shipping sound?

mgbmw2002
post #6 of 9 Old Apr 1st, 2008, 2:32 pm

Quote:
Thanks guys. I'll probably end up doing that butt I wanted to give the local boys a chance to turn some cash (to buy more farkles from Raffy) first!

Cheers!
Hey, Bob - you in a hurry??

I've got 4 or 5 LT exhausts down at my storage unit and you're welcome to one of 'em for just the shipping costs.

My problem is, I can't get down to the storage unit for several days, and when I do, I got to sort out which one/ones are in need of some welding patch(s) and which ones are good to go. I gave Austin S. up in Canada, the good end of one bad exhaust so he could make a storage tube and give his LT the twice-pipe look. I just can't remember if that was the only one that needed work.

I did buy a brand new one off of Denny Kintner, butt Hank down at Rhinewest told me that the hangar at mid-length had gotten bent out of alignment and wouldn't fit in the hangar notch (whatever the heck that means!!). I'm going to Rhinewest to pick up ole Toad in a coupla days and I'll ax Hank about that.

Anyway, long post just to let you know that I do have several exhausts and you're more than welcome to the best one, for just the shipping cost.

If you're in a hurry, then I'm not gonna be able to help - sorry.

BTW - is yours toast on the inside? Or the outside? Or cracked? Or in need of a patch/weld??

Best.
post #7 of 9 Old Apr 1st, 2008, 6:35 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
BTW - is yours toast on the inside? Or the outside? Or cracked? Or in need of a patch/weld??

Best.
Hey Dick, good to hear from ya. My dealer told me it's cracked and in a place where it can't be repaired.

I'm in no hurry. My LT is just a little more noisy than normal and I like the quiet.

Well, I guess I can't beat that price (sorry Mike ) so next time you're able ship one to me and let me know how much $.

You coming to CCR this year? I don't think I've seen you since I rode through your neck of the woods on my way to Jacksonville back in '04

Cheers!

Bob Bacon
'15 GTL-E in White
MOA IBA HDDC CRS

post #8 of 9 Old Apr 1st, 2008, 6:53 pm

Quote:
Hey Dick, good to hear from ya. My dealer told me it's cracked and in a place where it can't be repaired.

I'm in no hurry. My LT is just a little more noisy than normal and I like the quiet.

Well, I guess I can't beat that price (sorry Mike ) so next time you're able ship one to me and let me know how much $.

You coming to CCR this year? I don't think I've seen you since I rode through your neck of the woods on my way to Jacksonville back in '04

Cheers!
I'll keep ya in the loop, Bob - soon as I get a handle on whazzup at the storage unit.

Good grief - I pulled up that pic of your tire escapade while here in Boerne and couldn't believe it's been so long since we've tipped helmets. Time sure flies!!

Hey, Mike - man, I'm sorry I stepped on your post. I got distracted by SWMBO and forgot to update Bob's thread before I punched the send pinger. Apologies to ya.
post #9 of 9 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 9:22 am

No problem guys. Had that thing hangin' in my garage for 'bout 4 yr. now. Only reason I might ever need it is if I'd get transferred to Denver. Anyhoo, good luck and appreciate the courtesy.

mgbmw2002

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in