BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Suspension Clinic - Garage Party

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Ted Shred 
#1 ·
Hey People:D This month's Garage Party is going to be a suspension clinic by Phil Douglas, Owner of AfterShocks.

Understanding Your Suspension:
Phil Douglas, Owner of AfterShocks, Speaks at A&S BMW Motorcycles January 17, 6:30-8 p.m.
There are so many questions we have as riders about our suspension set-ups. I ride aggressive / reserved / on the track / on the street / on both street and dirt, so how should I set-up my bike? I’ve heard about pre-load, damping, compression and rebound - what do they mean? What’s best for my weight, height and ability? Phil will answer all of these questions as our January GaragenPartei Guest Speaker. You won’t want to miss this!

January GaragenPartei Suspension Clinic:
-> Comprehensive Discussion on Suspension Mysteries with Phil Douglas, Owner of AfterShocks

-> Raffle Prizes

-> Free Food and Drinks

Join us for this unique opportunity to understand the ‘easiest’ tweaks you can possibly do to your bike that make such a dramatic difference in your ride!

AFTERSHOCKS Suspension Experts
Owned by Phil Douglas, AfterShocks has been in business since 1986. Phil has been seriously riding and racing dirt bikes for over 25 years, and is a former District 36 #1 plate holder as well as ISDE (International Six Days Enduro) silver medallist. He has spent literally thousands of hours developing and testing valving systems to optimize the way motorcycle suspensions function. Also being a roadracer, Phil has learned to apply his dirt bike knowledge to work on road bikes as well.

WHEN: January 17th, 2008 6:30 - 8 p.m.
WHERE: A&S BMW Motorcycles
1125 Orlando Avenue | Roseville | CA | 95661

1.916.726.7334 | 1.800.689.9893

See less See more
#4 ·
Ted Shred said:
Me too:rolleyes:

Rumor has it there's gonna be BBQ...
Someone say suspenders and a BBQ? Hell, I'm in...

#5 ·
Hey, I think I'll ride up from San Jose area. I have just had my Wilbers rebuilt and they need tweeking. I need a refesher. What time do you suggest I leave from Milpitas to get there, considering traffic etc?

#6 ·
rmg08057 said:
Hey, I think I'll ride up from San Jose area. I have just had my Wilbers rebuilt and they need tweeking. I need a refesher. What time do you suggest I leave from Milpitas to get there, considering traffic etc?
I would take the 580 to the 205, then I-5 to Sacto. If you leave at 4 you should be here by 6:30ish...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.