Ride 4 Kids (Pleasanton) Update - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Dec 7th, 2007, 11:03 am Thread Starter

Ride 4 Kids (Pleasanton) Update

Hi everyone:

I am already gearing up for the "Ride for Kids" next June 29th. Just like last year, we'll be taking a loop ride beginning and ending at the Pleasanton Middle School, 5001 Case Ave, Pleasanton, CA.

Now is a great time to start collecting donations from your friends, relatives and coworkers. If you do that, they'll be paying your $35 entry fee. Guys and gals, this is a very important event for an even more important charity.

The "Ride for Kids" is the sole supporter of the "Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation", and the PBTF solely supports pediatric brain tumor research. If you didn't know, pediatric brain tumors are now the #1 cancer killing our children. Every day 9 children are diagnosed with some form of brain tumor. Of all those children diagnosed, 76% of them are under the age of 15, and of those children, 40% of will die within 5 years of diagnosis.

Without our support, the PBTF will cease to exist and if they cease to exist, pediatric brain tumor research will cease to exist. Unlike Leukemia, Colon Cancer, HIV, etc; pediatric brain tumor research receives no government funding nor does it receive any major private funding EXCEPT for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation.

Soon, RidePackets will be availabe at most dealserships in the greater San Francisco bay area OR you can go to http://www.rideforkids.org and download your own RidePacket. Start getting sponsors, today, and join us on the ride on June 29th. If there are sidecar outfits out there (Raffy, take notice), we can really use them to take children for the ride on June 29th.

If you can't make it and you don't want to solicit donations, but you'd like to make a contribution, go to my website. Any contribution you make there goes directly to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. The clubs and dealerships that contribute the most to the event receive a beautiful plaque and National recognition. If you'd like your club to be recognized when you make your contribution, name your club and favorite dealership, in the "Comment" section.

On June 28th the night before the event, I'll compile the name of the club and dealership with the highest contibutions, and credit all money donated via my FirstGiving website to that club and dealership. As my website has already collected over $2,000. for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, that money will go a long way to helping your club getting recognition IF members and friends of your club contribute via my website.

The following clubs and dealerships are in the lead:

Clubs:
1. Blue Knights CA VII: $150.
2. Curve Unit Women's Sportbike Club: $100.
3. ModernVespa: $50.

Dealerships:
1. California Speed-Sports: $150.
2. Vespa of Walnut Creek: $50.

Once again, if you'd like your club or dealership to receive recognition, name your club and dealership when you make a contribution on my website. The club & dealer with the largest amount of contributions will receive a credit for all the funds raised on my website, on the day of the San Francisco Bay Area Ride for Kids.

Toys are nice for the children, but give a gift to the kids that will be spending Christmas in hospitals and bedridden, and made a contribution to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation.

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jan 6th, 2008, 8:13 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfredriksson
Hi everyone:
Toys are nice for the children, but give a gift to the kids that will be spending Christmas in hospitals and bedridden, and made a contribution to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation.
Right on, Bro!

I've been doing the Ride 4 Kids since 2000, first in Phoenix and for the last five years, in Ft Worth. My first year in Ft Worth was their inaugural year and I was top fund raiser.

Dont' forget, many businesses match their employee's contributions! That has counted for a couple thousand for me over the years.

Keep up the good work!

Just old, clutchless and clueless
Russ Locke
Lakehills, Texas
post #3 of 3 Old Jan 24th, 2008, 12:16 pm Thread Starter

Updated list of Locations to get your RidePackets

Here's a complete list of dealerships in the Bayarea, where you can
get your San Francisco Bay Area "Ride for Kids" RidePackets:

01. Vespa of Walnut Creek in Walnut Creek, CA
02. R&M Motorcycle Engineering in Concord, CA
03. Scuderia West in San Francisco, CA
04. Munroe Motors in San Francisco, CA
05. Vespa of San Francisco in San Francisco, CA
06. San Francisco Scooter Center in San Francisco, CA
07. First Kick Scooters in San Francisco, CA
08. Rockridge Two Wheels in Oakland, CA
09. California Speed Sports in Livermore, CA
10. Mallots Honda in Manteca, CA
11. Arlen Ness Motorcycles in Dublin, CA
12. Western Wearhouse in Milpitas, CA
13. Bob Dron Harley Davidson in Oakland, CA
14. McGuire Harley Davidson in San Ramon, CA
15. McGuire Harley Davidson in Walnut Creek, CA
16. Diablo BMW/Kawasaki in Walnut Creek, CA
17. Concord Motor Sports in Concord, CA
18. Concord Kawasaki/Yamaha in Concord, CA
19. California Sport Touring in Hercules, CA
20. Golden Gate Harley Davidson in Corte Madera, CA
21. G & B Kawasaki/Yamaha in Petaluma, CA
22. Moto Meccanica Triumph/Ducati/Aprilia/Moto Guzzi in Santa Rosa
23. Santa Rosa Vee-Twin in Santa Rosa, CA

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in