Rider Down. and It's ME - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old Nov 27th, 2007, 9:59 pm Thread Starter

Rider Down. and It's ME

Sunday 3:30PM I was going into Plymouth for some gas in the GS Hwy 16 as I appr`oached the intersection of HWY 49 I saw a 4x4 lifted Dodge waiting to cross Right to left he was crowding the line across the road a TOY/DAT/ZU in primer was also waiting to cross Left to right

Dropped to 50 ( 55 speed limit) I have right of way but .. when I got to about 50 yards out I dropped to 45+ I clearly see the face of both drivers First the Impatient Dodge Check then the TOY/DAT/ZU make Eye contact ( at least I saw3 his whole face ) now I am 30 yards out or less and he pulls right into my line!!! Hard on brakes not going to make it! T Bone comming! Door! no Quarter Pannel hard LEFT!! trying to scrub off as much speed as I could I see space behind him I'mm going to....BAM!!! Jessy Bag slams into his Qrarter pannel or bumper. Flips bike hard right and Down ... head slams into road I land hard on right Arm /side. Slding face up to the curb. thinking of all the people who said I'd end up face down in a ditch - Hell they were wrong !! I could see sky well some of it my face shield was scrached - i Thought at first my glasses were broken no.
OK I'm lying in a ditch time to take invetory feet I can feel them and move same hands Check legs check arms check head? seems fine no pain and I can see .

I cant see trafic so 'Chuck get out of the road!' oncomming trafic is going 55 and will avoid my large leaking bike so get out of road ( stop! ) I knew it was unwise when I was dooing it but I'v seen people drive.

People are gathering I hear one voice say "The truck ran!' it was the voice of the wife of 4x4 Dodge who had put her out with Cell and was in persuit of TOY/DAT/UZ.

All the usual players started showing up, ambulance, fire Sheriff and Two Highway Patrol the last of which had the driver and Passenger of the TOY/DAT/UZ locked in the back seat!!!

FINAL TALLY RIBS RIGHT SIDE 4-7 THREE BROKEN AND ONE DISLOCATED !

I'm home and sore . Three days in the Hospital while they looked for internal bleading.

Bike is well you have seen it hard to tell except for a few things.

Ride safe thoes Bastards are out to get you!

OH one last thing if Barbara Boxer is reading this the DRiver did not speek english . go figure .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1494.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	718.5 KB
ID:	15415  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old Nov 27th, 2007, 10:10 pm

Dammit!

Chuck, very glad to hear you are alive and semi-well. Please let us know if there is anything that needs doing. God bless and a speedy recovery to ya!

2009 R1200GSA
2002 K1200 LT
1978 Shovelhead Chop
post #3 of 32 Old Nov 27th, 2007, 10:12 pm

Ya shoulda been allowed at least ONE TAZER discharge in the general direction of the patrol car's rear seat area... with some lighter fluid thrown in about 5 seconds preceeding discharge.

Glad they at least caught it.

Now, gonna press attempted murder or manslaughter charges?

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 32 Old Nov 27th, 2007, 10:13 pm

Hope you heal quickly! That looks like one tough bike!

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 32 Old Nov 27th, 2007, 10:41 pm

Hey Chuck,
Heal fast and be easy on those ribs they stay touchy for a while. Need anything just call.

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else
post #6 of 32 Old Nov 27th, 2007, 10:55 pm

Unhappy

Chuck, really sorry to hear about your encounter with the idiot! Please rest and heel while dreaming about fixing up your great looking Bike or getting a new one!

From your friends to the North,

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #7 of 32 Old Nov 27th, 2007, 11:05 pm
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear that Chuck, but glad you came through it no worse off than you are. this bike doens not look happy though. Is the front fork supposed to be bent like that? I'm also glad they caught the slime-bucket ass-wipe who ran (friggin' coward), and I hope he has insurance. Clean him out, he deserves it.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #8 of 32 Old Nov 27th, 2007, 11:06 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Geeze Chuck, that sux. Glad you are going to be ok. The bike seems tough enough that's for sure. Good luck and Good healing.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #9 of 32 Old Nov 27th, 2007, 11:19 pm
Cooler on the east coast!!!

Chuck good luck on a speedy recovery.
We can never be to careful!
Fix it and ride it

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #10 of 32 Old Nov 27th, 2007, 11:43 pm

Hello To A New Club Member

Just got back from Maine and turned on cold computer and not long after saw your post about broken stuff. Both metal and bone. Do better. Hope to see you up and about soon. I think Ted and me have you beat about total days in the hospital though. We win.

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub

post #11 of 32 Old Nov 27th, 2007, 11:45 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore007
Just got back from Maine and turned on cold computer and not long after saw your post about broken stuff. Both metal and bone. Do better. Hope to see you up and about soon. I think Ted and me have you beat about total days in the hospital though. We win.
That's one contest I sure don't wanna win Heal fast Chuck. Please call if ya need anything. Where's the bike? Does it need to be picked up from the tow yard?

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #12 of 32 Old Nov 27th, 2007, 11:49 pm

Chuck sorry to hear of your accident, heel quick.

Bill

Bill (aka Chipper)
Elk Grove Ca.
2014 K1600GTL-E
2009 K1200LT (BLACK)-Traded In
2004 RTP Work Bike(Retired)
2002 LTE Totaled Aug/2011)
1978 H-D LowRider
1975 Honda-Goldwing
post #13 of 32 Old Nov 27th, 2007, 11:56 pm
Old Dawg

Ah man, Chuck this terrible, Jessica and I feel very bad. I hope you heal quickly and let us know if you need anything.

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

''03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW GS/A
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
post #14 of 32 Old Nov 28th, 2007, 12:02 am

Wow Chuck, sorry to hear it, heal fast (if that is possible at our age)!

Dan-A
-----> BMW MOA # 137114
HDDC

2013 R1200GS LC
2009 HD XR1200 Sportster
post #15 of 32 Old Nov 28th, 2007, 12:04 am

Chuck,
Glad to hear you're going to be ok! That intersection has sucked for years-and it's wide open. I've seen more crashes there than I can recall over the years going to Volcano. I take it the signals that have been installed (For a month or so now.) still are not working??
IMHO if there is a positive. The slimbag who fled committed their crime in Amador County. Justice seems to be much more swift there and punishment seems to "fit the crime" more there than in Sac County. At least there you can call the DA's office and speak personally with the Deputy DA assigned to your case. Good luck doing that with any expediency in Sacramento!

2002 LT Titan Silver
1972 Suzuki TM400 Hustler
BMW MOA #130100
post #16 of 32 Old Nov 28th, 2007, 12:25 am
Senior Member (ret.)

Dang it Chuck!

I just got on and saw this. Sorry to hear about your accident. Let me know if you need anything.

I'll call you tomorrow.

Raffy

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #17 of 32 Old Nov 28th, 2007, 12:33 am Thread Starter

thanks all for your thoughts

The bike was transported to my place I stuck around long enough to see it loaded . They put it in the wrong place but that's no matter still on the property.

The CHP Officer said he wa charging with a Fellony ( if he has that power i dont know)

I could not find my insurance stuff so i have to contact the cap tomorrow and will find out what's going on

hope to see you all later.

Chuck
post #18 of 32 Old Nov 28th, 2007, 1:08 am

Crap Chuck, I was always worried you would get kicked in the head by a horse, not a Toyota.

Glad you were on the ball and watching out for #1 as the cages could care less.

Heel fast and let us know if we can do anything to help out (no I do'nt shoe horses).

Doug

Doug Holck
Lodi, Ca

I don't always ride motorcycles,
but when I do I prefer BMW's.
Ride safely my friends

3 Continents -10 Countries - 50 States

02 K1200LTe
04 1150GS Adventure
08 Suzuki DR650
CCR 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
See you 2015 in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho

BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

post #19 of 32 Old Nov 28th, 2007, 1:18 am

The officer will probably submit for 20001 CVC -- felony hit & run. After that it is up to the DA to follow through with prosecution.

Glad to see you are able to post messages, so you’re still with us!
Hang in there. As others have said – if you need anything let us know.

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

On the road to wreck, and ruin -— but making great time.
post #20 of 32 Old Nov 28th, 2007, 1:54 am
Some guy on the Interwebs

I can only echo what the others have said, heal fast and let your extended family know if we can help out with anything.

Hal
Lodi, California

If you aren't good for anything else, you can always serve as a bad example.

HDDC Posse

post #21 of 32 Old Nov 28th, 2007, 2:27 am

Chuck,

Sorry to hear of your crash, but happy that you are well enough to breathe and type. It takes time to heal, and the older we get the longer it seems to take. Don't rush it, take it slow and easy. In other words, do as I say, not as I did!

God bless.
Tony

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #22 of 32 Old Nov 28th, 2007, 9:33 am Thread Starter

up date to some questions that have been asked :

the forks ar Leding link set up for solo so they do bend like that ( although I have not looked closly)

The light though instaled is not working when it does Plewase be extra carfull

drivers have been CA stopping at that spot for decades and they will take some time to adjust to Having to stop the oppeating light will give a false sence of secuRity..

and one of the responding Fire men said they have a fatality there every 6 months.

Sorry for the spelling but the drugs have kicked in (oops forgot to eat somthing fir`st) and I was a two finger typest now down to one .

Chuck

Now do you think a little duct tape will help the lid on my bag?

That little rash above my glove is all I got ATGATT ! ( well you can see I did not have pants on but the other stuff shure helped.

pics would not load
post #23 of 32 Old Nov 28th, 2007, 10:19 am
Gold Supporter

No do you see your mistake Chuck? You should have stayed on the throttle and you would have been past them before they pulled out.

J/K Glad you were able to get the speed down as much as you did and are in good enough shape to tell us about it. Worst part about rib injuries is they hurt worse in ten days than the did they day you hurt them. Just something for you to look forward too.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #24 of 32 Old Nov 28th, 2007, 11:39 am

Thumbs down

Jeez Chuck, Just heard, glad your OK, bike can be fixed. If you need anything, let me know. Just Bob.
post #25 of 32 Old Nov 28th, 2007, 11:53 am

Chuck:
Glad you are alright. Sure are a lot of impatient, stupid people out there. Seems to get worse around Christmas!!!!!!!!

Raymond Dell'Olio
Bronx, NY
718-530-5793
2000 K1200LT (Sold)

"A nation of sheep,
Owned by pigs,
Ruled by wolves."

post #26 of 32 Old Nov 28th, 2007, 1:50 pm

Wink

Chuck, glad you are OK!

Now stay off the Humor section... your ribs won't take it!!!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #27 of 32 Old Nov 28th, 2007, 2:02 pm

Chuck I am so sorry to hear about your crash. Get well soon.
post #28 of 32 Old Nov 28th, 2007, 5:59 pm

Glad you're OK and able to share with us Chuck. This can happen to any one of us. Hang in there and hope to see you back on the road soon.

Mark C.
Lodi, CA
'01 R1100RT

"Not all who wander are lost"
post #29 of 32 Old Nov 28th, 2007, 6:00 pm

Chuck, best wishes for a speedy recovery and a righteous DA with perseverance. Nail the bastard!

Thanks for sharing your story. It helps us newer riders.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #30 of 32 Old Nov 29th, 2007, 2:11 am

Damn Chuck! That sucks!

Get well soon.

Mike
2005 BMW R1200GS
2003 Kawasaki KLR650
1977 Yamaha RD400
1976 Yamaha RD400
post #31 of 32 Old Nov 29th, 2007, 8:51 am
kip

get well soon

sorry to hear about ur accident
all considered at least you are still here
hope the guy gets the maximum penalty

best wishes
kip

Kip
99 LT
97 Shadow 1100
Jefferson, Ga
post #32 of 32 Old Nov 30th, 2007, 6:45 pm

Chuck, sorry to hear about your circus act. I feel for you. I was involved in a hit and run, but in my truck. Someone ran a stop sign and scraped the whole side of their vehicle on the front of my truck. I couldn't get my door open he hit it so hard. Thankfully I didn't get hurt.

As someone said before, take it easy on the ribs because they do take a looooonnng time to heal. Just wait til you cough or sneeze. Ouch!!

Bob Wallace

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in