Rocklin Relay for Life - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Sep 12th, 2007, 11:29 am Thread Starter

Rocklin Relay for Life

If anyone is around on this Saturday and wants to hear another perspective on the ride that Doug and I made in June feel free to drop by. I am the keynote speaker for the Rocklin Relay for Life that is going to be held at the Rocklin High School track.

The opening ceremonies begin at 10am so it gives us time to do the RCB breakfast, get a doughnut at A&S and ride to Rocklin.

My talk will not be so much about me (we've had enough of that already) but more about the people we met along the way. I am sorry to disappoint folks but I am actually going to say some very nice things about Doug.

Doug and I were supposed to ride our bikes to the event and display them. However, as you know, Doug broke his bike in half! On second thought maybe I may say some other things about Doug .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Sep 12th, 2007, 11:51 am
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell
If anyone is around on this Saturday and wants to hear another perspective on the ride that Doug and I made in June feel free to drop by. I am the keynote speaker for the Rocklin Relay for Life that is going to be held at the Rocklin High School track.

The opening ceremonies begin at 10am so it gives us time to do the RCB breakfast, get a doughnut at A&S and ride to Rocklin.

My talk will not be so much about me (we've had enough of that already) but more about the people we met along the way. I am sorry to disappoint folks but I am actually going to say some very nice things about Doug.

Doug and I were supposed to ride our bikes to the event and display them. However, as you know, Doug broke his bike in half! On second thought maybe I may say some other things about Doug .
If he promises not to break it in half Doug can borrow my GS for the presentation. The crowd won't know the difference...

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 8:55 pm Thread Starter

Once again Doug saved the day. Earlier this week I got a cancer related infection. I was hospitalized and didn't figure I could give my talk. Well Doug stepped in and did a talk. I actually got out of the hospital in time to give the talk but the twit who ran the program was not going move the schedule so Joan could get me from the hospital to the event. I showed up and found Doug standing by himself wearing an Austrailian hat looking very GQ. He said, "I gave the talk." I am glad he did it but a little disappointed the organizer could not have waited fifteen minutes for me.

As always, Doug, thanks heaps.

post #4 of 6 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 10:43 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Unhappy

How come I missed this? I didn't see the original post till now.

Sorry guys. I would have liked to have been present. I missed your return at A&S. This would have been a good make up.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #5 of 6 Old Sep 17th, 2007, 1:16 am

Thanks Dell, it was an Honor to fill in for you but I was looking forward to all those good things you were going to say about me.

Hope you are feeling better.

Doug Holck
Lodi, Ca

I don't always ride motorcycles,
but when I do I prefer BMW's.
Ride safely my friends

3 Continents -10 Countries - 50 States

02 K1200LTe
04 1150GS Adventure
08 Suzuki DR650
CCR 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
See you 2015 in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho

BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 6 Old Sep 17th, 2007, 2:00 am
Some guy on the Interwebs

I missed this also. Dell, hope your feeling better. Doug, attaboy!!!! ,

Hal
Lodi, California

If you aren't good for anything else, you can always serve as a bad example.

HDDC Posse

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in