Expresso Riders - Training Event - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Sep 7th, 2007, 6:17 pm Thread Starter

Arrow Expresso Riders - Training Event

Expresso Riders will be participating in the Experienced Rider Course being offered at the Safety Center in Sacramento on Sunday, Oct 21st from 1230-1730. The cost is $100 per rider. Pillions are welcome to attend and participate in some of the exercises two-up. You ride your own bike on a closed course with semi-private instruction in this follow on to the MSF Basic Course. It's an excellent opportunity to hone your skills and ask questions in a professional environment of mutual respect with an earnest desire to improve your riding skills. The class is limited to 12 bikes. This class is open to the general public and all motorcycle brands are welcome. Go to http://www.safetycenter.org/Default.asp and click on the motorcycle photo. Follow the links to the class schedules and enrollment forms to register and pay on-line. Be sure you are signed up for the ERC class at 1230 on Oct 21st before hitting enter! You'll receive a confirmation email with details on course requirements and paperwork. As of this post six positions are already reserved!

After the ERC we will commence on our Sunday Dinner Ride to the Elkhorn Station. Riders not participating in the ERC but available for the dinner should meet us at The Safety Center about 1700.

1. Bob
2. Brian
3. Mark
4. Larry
5. Bryan
6. Cara

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Oct 7th, 2007, 4:34 pm

Looking forward to it. I have over 200k miles on big bikes, but a little more practice won't hurt!

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
post #3 of 10 Old Oct 7th, 2007, 5:48 pm Thread Starter

This ERC is open to the public as well. All riders and makes invited! There were 3-4 slots open the last time I checked.

Bob Morrow #4204

post #4 of 10 Old Oct 15th, 2007, 7:22 pm Thread Starter

Sunday Dinner Ride - Oct 21st

The weatherman says sunny and mild for Sunday's Experienced Rider Course. Still a couple slots open if you're interested!

Dinner ride immediately following. Everyone is invited even if you're not participating in the ERC. Rally point is the Safety Center on Bradshaw at 1730. We'll leave by 1745 for a riverside run up to Elkhorn Station.

Bob Morrow #4204
post #5 of 10 Old Oct 15th, 2007, 9:40 pm

The last time Bob organized one of these events Joan and I did most of the course two-up. It was fun to do the circles and figures two up on the LT. I recommend it to those of you planning on taking the course.

Have fun,
post #6 of 10 Old Oct 16th, 2007, 10:50 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell
The last time Bob organized one of these events Joan and I did most of the course two-up. It was fun to do the circles and figures two up on the LT. I recommend it to those of you planning on taking the course.

Have fun,
Oh no... You have to do fig 8's two-up??? My LT is gonna take a nap... I just know it!

Camera's are not allowed, are they???

Uncle Mark

BMW '06' 1200LT "Wild Blue"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMWMOA Member #127457
Honda CX500 Custom - RIP '00'

"An intelligence agency that FEARS intelligence? Historically, not awesome." . . . From what movie?

post #7 of 10 Old Oct 16th, 2007, 1:39 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMark
Oh no... You have to do fig 8's two-up??? My LT is gonna take a nap... I just know it!

Camera's are not allowed, are they???

Sure, you can bring cameras, still and video! I'll bring a little pillow and blankie for Wild Blue's impending nap.

Looks like the class is sold out.

All are still welcome for the Dinner Ride at 1730!

Bob Morrow #4204
post #8 of 10 Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 4:26 pm

Erc

Bob, Thanks for organizing this enjoyable event. I have just today located this site and I completely missed the dinner arrangements. I will be better prepared for the next event.
I had a good time on the ERC. It was the first time I have actually tested the antilock braking. Yes, it did do a stopee (twice) and it might have been due to the fact I only used the front brake lever and really pulled it. It is integrated but applying the rear brake might have made it work like it's supposed to. On the other hand, it sure does a good job of stopping.
I also benefited from the advise of the instructors about my squimish tight right turns.
I still cannot access the Expresso Riders web site ever since my HD crashed.

Larry
post #9 of 10 Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 6:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrmk1200

Larry
Larry try this hope it helps....

http://home.comcast.net/~expressorider/Open.html

Nelson
99 K1200LT
post #10 of 10 Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 11:49 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrmk1200
Bob, Thanks for organizing this enjoyable event. I have just today located this site and I completely missed the dinner arrangements. I will be better prepared for the next event.
I had a good time on the ERC. It was the first time I have actually tested the antilock braking. Yes, it did do a stopee (twice) and it might have been due to the fact I only used the front brake lever and really pulled it. It is integrated but applying the rear brake might have made it work like it's supposed to. On the other hand, it sure does a good job of stopping.
I also benefited from the advise of the instructors about my squimish tight right turns.

Larry
You're welcome, Larry. Although I enjoy our weekend rides and I feel this sort of thing is very important every couple years and puts us on the same page with respect to training concepts. Just about the time you think you know everything something new pops up. Always better to practice in good conditions on a closed course as David Hough would say. I didn't realize it at the time but I got a pretty good sunburn on my face from riding with the chinguard up all afternoon. Elkhorn Station had a gas leak so they were closed for food when we got there. Our smaller group decided to head up to Ludy's instead. I'd never tried the ribs there before and soon discovered I should have!

We recently purchased an Expresso Riders domain name and will be rebuilding the website from the ground up. One of our own has donated the cost of the domain registration and the server space to make it happen. The current address is still active until the new one comes on line.

Bob Morrow #4204

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in