Expresso Riders - Sunday Ride and Relax - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Aug 29th, 2007, 4:09 pm Thread Starter

Lightbulb Expresso Riders - Sunday Ride and Relax

With the long weekend we have abridged our usual Sunday Dinner Ride plan with a Sunday Ride and Relax. This is how it works. The rally point is Mel and Faye's Diner in Jackson. Meet by 1130 for lunch. About 1300 we'll go on a circuitous ride through the foothills to the Granite Bay abode of Uncle Mark and Tia Vickie where we'll relax by the pool, enjoy cold beverages, see Cara's new bike(!), debate the CCR 2008 location, and talk about our fall plans. Seems like a great way to stay away from heavy traffic and enjoy a portion of your holiday weekend with your riding brethren.

This event is open to all, no list required. Simply meet at the rally point on Sunday, Sept 2nd at 1130. See you there!

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Aug 30th, 2007, 11:43 am

That's right, Vicki and I throw the barn doors open right after the Sunday ride... The pool is inviting (bring yer swimmin' stuff), the hot tub can get to 125 degrees (if I let it, but it won't be boiling on Sunday)... We have plenty of cold stuff both alcoholic and softy type drinks... should have a few munchy things laying around and you can bring yer cigars if you got 'em... the pool table is ready and if you're into Blackjack, the blackjack table will be ready. It's a big joint... come one come all... in fact, we got tons of shade for parking your rides... plenty of towels for drying off after the dip in the cement pond. Just bring enough stuff to get comfortable (i.e shorts, zorries, swim stuff), cool off, sit a spell and we can talk about the color of Cara's new Beemer! ;-)

Those that are doing the ride can follow the leader... those who would like to meet at the barn, drop me a line and I'll e-mail a map, address and a small token of my thanks... just show up!

see ya there!

Uncle Mark

BMW '06' 1200LT "Wild Blue"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMWMOA Member #127457
Honda CX500 Custom - RIP '00'

"An intelligence agency that FEARS intelligence? Historically, not awesome." . . . From what movie?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 Old Aug 30th, 2007, 9:32 pm

I'm in - new throttle cables hooked up. Manual says to remove fuel rail (injectors) to get to it, and for a while I thought I'd have too! Luckily, SO has a set of hemostats (Sp?) from her old medical days.

Fished them in there quite nicely!

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-

post #4 of 7 Old Aug 31st, 2007, 5:45 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMark
That's right, Vicki and I throw the barn doors open right after the Sunday ride... The pool is inviting (bring yer swimmin' stuff), the hot tub can get to 125 degrees (if I let it, but it won't be boiling on Sunday)... We have plenty of cold stuff both alcoholic and softy type drinks... should have a few munchy things laying around and you can bring yer cigars if you got 'em... the pool table is ready and if you're into Blackjack, the blackjack table will be ready. It's a big joint... come one come all... in fact, we got tons of shade for parking your rides... plenty of towels for drying off after the dip in the cement pond. Just bring enough stuff to get comfortable (i.e shorts, zorries, swim stuff), cool off, sit a spell and we can talk about the color of Cara's new Beemer!
What? No coffee?

Bob Morrow #4204
post #5 of 7 Old Aug 31st, 2007, 7:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyho
What? No coffee?
We got two kinds... Hot and cold... which u want???

Uncle Mark

BMW '06' 1200LT "Wild Blue"

BMWMOA Member #127457
Honda CX500 Custom - RIP '00'

"An intelligence agency that FEARS intelligence? Historically, not awesome." . . . From what movie?

post #6 of 7 Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 12:25 am Thread Starter

Whoever gets to Mel's first put us in for a party of 14!

Bob Morrow #4204
post #7 of 7 Old Sep 4th, 2007, 2:35 pm Thread Starter

We had a dozen for lunch at Mel's. Cara's got a purdy red 2004 R1150R with a lot of nice accessories thrown in. She's lookin good on her new mighty steed.

The cold drinks and sparklin pool sure hit the spot at the end of a warm ride. The front of my cooling vest was dry as a bone when we got to Granite Bay!

Next Sunday Dinner Ride: Sept 30th

Fall Colors Weekend: Oct 12-14

Bob Morrow #4204

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in