Wednesday Dinner Convergence - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old Aug 16th, 2007, 6:04 pm Thread Starter

Lightbulb Wednesday Dinner Convergence

Here's an idea for all the dinner groups to converge on a mid-summer's eve. HDDC, SAWDOG, RCB, Expresso, and anyone else so inclined from the distant past up through last week is invited to Merchant and Main Restaurant in old town Vacaville next Wednesday, Aug 22nd. Dinner at 7:30pm. We may need a large area so please check your schedule and list your name for the count. We hope to see you there!

http://www.merchantandmain.com/

2. Bob and Jeanie
3. Cara

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old Aug 16th, 2007, 9:28 pm

Wednesday Dinner Convergence
Here's an idea for all the dinner groups to converge on a mid-summer's eve. HDDC, SAWDOG, RCB, Expresso, and anyone else so inclined from the distant past up through last week is invited to Merchant and Main Restaurant in old town Vacaville next Wednesday, Aug 22nd. Dinner at 7:30pm. We may need a large area so please check your schedule and list your name for the count. We hope to see you there!

http://www.merchantandmain.com/

2. Bob and Jeanie
3. Cara
5. Denise & Bruce

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy $hit...what a ride"-Mavis Leyrer
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Stienbeck
08 CanAm Spyder "Fast Truck"(Wifes')
08 Kawasaki KLR 650 "Lil Dirt Truck"
05 K1200Lt "Lt Truck"
05 Piaggio X9 Reveloution "Lil Truck"

97 International 4700 "Big Truck"

AMA Life Member
BMWMOA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 31 Old Aug 17th, 2007, 10:29 am

We are in...

2. Bob and Jeanie
3. Cara
5. Denise & Bruce
7. Mark & Vicki

Uncle Mark

BMW '06' 1200LT "Wild Blue"

BMWMOA Member #127457
Honda CX500 Custom - RIP '00'

"An intelligence agency that FEARS intelligence? Historically, not awesome." . . . From what movie?

post #4 of 31 Old Aug 18th, 2007, 11:40 am

We are in...

2. Bob and Jeanie
3. Cara
5. Denise & Bruce
7. Mark & Vicki
9. Wayne & Pam

2005 LT AKA:"PHAT BOY"
Dark Graphite

post #5 of 31 Old Aug 18th, 2007, 8:08 pm Thread Starter

We are in...

2. Bob and Jeanie
3. Cara
5. Denise & Bruce
7. Mark & Vicki
9. Wayne & Pam
10. Dave
11. Larry

Bob Morrow #4204
post #6 of 31 Old Aug 19th, 2007, 3:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyho
We are in...

2. Bob and Jeanie
3. Cara
5. Denise & Bruce
7. Mark & Vicki
9. Wayne & Pam
10. Dave
11. Larry
13. Bryan & Charlene

'Big B"
BMWMOA #127497
1999 K1200LTI "Canyon Red"

post #7 of 31 Old Aug 20th, 2007, 10:10 am

Us too

Here is the combined list so far

2. Bob and Jeanie
3. Cara
5. Denise & Bruce
7. Mark & Vicki
9. Wayne & Pam
10. Dave
11. Larry
13. Bryan & Charlene
15. Brian & Renna

Steve and Mia

'05 R1200RT
'05 R1150R

post #8 of 31 Old Aug 20th, 2007, 1:42 pm Thread Starter

Here is the combined list so far

2. Bob and Jeanie
3. Cara
5. Denise & Bruce
7. Mark & Vicki
9. Wayne & Pam
10. Dave
11. Larry
13. Bryan & Charlene
15. Brian & Renna
17. Steve and Mia

Bob Morrow #4204
post #9 of 31 Old Aug 21st, 2007, 1:05 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey
What time are we meetin' at A&S??? Are we meetin' at A&S??? Does A&S know we are meetin' at A&S???

Uncle Mark

BMWMOA Member #127457

"An intelligence agency that FEARS intelligence? Historically, not awesome." . . . From what movie?

post #10 of 31 Old Aug 21st, 2007, 11:34 am Thread Starter

1745 at A&S leave about 1800. This also assumes A&S will have my bike reassembled in time.

Bob Morrow #4204
post #11 of 31 Old Aug 21st, 2007, 8:44 pm

Maybe if you throw in a fried bannna you might reel in some other folks.

Sawdog and ....company

I know you all try and get both groups together once in awhile but I just feel like they really dont give a shit..sorry.
Boy Im I going to get it now. If you feel Im wrong so be it. Its just not about this dinner...There have been many other dinners or rides. no response.

Nelson
99 K1200LT

Last edited by nelson61; Aug 21st, 2007 at 9:03 pm.
post #12 of 31 Old Aug 21st, 2007, 9:28 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson61

Sawdog and ....company

I know you all try and get both groups together once in awhile but I just feel like they really dont give a shit..sorry.
Boy Im I going to get it now. If you feel Im wrong so be it. Its just not about this dinner...There have been many other dinners or rides. no response.
Will we see you there, Nelson?

There are actually four groups invited. Perhaps the lack of response simply validates the mitigating reasons for separate groups. I'm not going to hold it against some rider for making that decision. It's simply a false presumption on my part of a common bond through dinner riding and a willingness to build bridges. However, we still have the freedom to choose our friends in the USA. Perhaps if one group decides not to attend in wholesale it will motivate another to reconsider. Who knows?

Bob Morrow #4204
post #13 of 31 Old Aug 21st, 2007, 9:38 pm

Sorry Bob I wont be there.
Thursdays have been my busy day of the week for the last year. I do most of my work on Weds nites. Getting home at 10 or 11 then getting my work done sucked!!. More so going to places that I really didnt care to go for just the "ride" started to turn into a no big deal. Guess like a few others on the site.

Nelson
99 K1200LT
post #14 of 31 Old Aug 21st, 2007, 9:49 pm
Rider Journeyman

I'm a maybe. Nancy has her son this week, so we'd have to cage it and that is not pretty.

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05

RCB AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
CCR: '04 Breckenridge CO, '05 Jackson Lake Lodge WY, '06 Chateau Elan GA, '08 Midway UT

post #15 of 31 Old Aug 21st, 2007, 9:52 pm

Me too, Billy. I'd have to cage it also. And Wednesday is already a long day for me. That's why I always look for something around town. Last week I picked up Raffy and drove him to Waterloo. Won't have that kind of time this week.

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub

post #16 of 31 Old Aug 21st, 2007, 10:28 pm

I will be going south to see customers and cannot make Wed dinner this week.

Darn.

Dan-A
-----> BMW MOA # 137114
HDDC

2013 R1200GS LC
2009 HD XR1200 Sportster
post #17 of 31 Old Aug 21st, 2007, 11:01 pm

Quote:

Sawdog and ....company

Hey Guys - It's not a bad idea but I believe it needs a little more notice and coordination. I don't believe anyone from the HDDC base group was in on the planning. If they were they did not speak up about it. Vacaville is an all slab ride on a very Hot week.
In the past we have had at least one get together of the groups in the Delta and it worked OK.
Bob's right in the thought that there is more than one group for geographic reasons. There's a lot of slab to ride out there in the traffic to get the groups together. Most of us really enjoy the ride part on a nice country road in the cool evening.

Any how, it's great to see all the participation going on, with all the threads and dinners. If we can't all make the same dinner - so what, we can't all make the same rides... But I do believe that everyone is always welcome at any dinner or ride that is posted here...... Right?
It's about the ride
and.........
The people we enjoy the sport with. cheers

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else
post #18 of 31 Old Aug 21st, 2007, 11:34 pm

Talking

Well put John...

I would just like to see more of everyone once in awhile have a get together. By the way...enjoy your vacation have a great ride and have a beer or three for old times

Nelson
99 K1200LT
post #19 of 31 Old Aug 21st, 2007, 11:51 pm

Quote:
Well put John...

I would just like to see more of everyone once in awhile have a get together. By the way...enjoy your vacation have a great ride and have a beer or three for old times
Thanks Nelson - We have to ge together for a beer or 3 soon.

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

post #20 of 31 Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 1:52 am
Old Dawg

Quote:

Sawdog and ....company

I'm not really sure a post like this warrants a response even though it's clearly directed at me (or me and Ted)... but what the hell, my fingers need some exercise, I can clear the air and then "not give a shit" after that.
Ted and I have been committed to see Daughtry at the State Fair with 8 other people (non motorcycle folk, just good friends) for several months now: http://www.daughtryofficial.com/ It is unfortunate that this concert occurs on the same night that Bob planned a group convergence dinner because if the concert was not on this night I know we both would have attended the Convergence Dinner. Clearly anyone that knows me knows I am a smart ass and not a very nice person but I thought I would make a rare exception to step out of my box and be congenial by casually inviting anyone to join that wouldn't be making it down to Vacaville. If I wanted it to be an "Official HDDC Dinner" I surely would have started a list.
We have had many occasions in the last few months that someone gets a thread started for an HDDC dinner and no one responds or figures out just what the hell we are doing until Wednesday which I suspect could happen with the convergence dinner as well (it's really frustrating and I've been talking to my therapist about it on Tuesdays) so I wouldn't stress about lack of participation.
Speaking of participation... I looked back about two years and there has been SO much participation in dinners from you that aside from bit of attendence on Nov. 1st of last year...
Well clearly I'm bored enough to look back two years and obviously a little annoyed so I'll just drop it, be satisfied with my explanation and start a list.

State Fair:
1. Scott
2. Jessica
3. Ted
4. Poppy
5. Mike
6. Todd
7. Lizzy
8. Eric
9. Daughtry

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

''03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW GS/A
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."

Last edited by scottydawg; Aug 22nd, 2007 at 5:56 pm.
post #21 of 31 Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 1:56 am
Old Dawg

P.S. - Unsubscribe

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
post #22 of 31 Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 9:48 am

Cool Convergence Dinner.

Since I have always been known to stick my foot in my mouth and step over the line!!!!!

I agree with the folks that everyone is welcome at any dinner based on where it is on that particular week, we all work all over Nor Cal, and if we happen to be in the particular area that the HDDC, SAWDOG , SVLB and other groups great. That being said, if we don't want to ride through a 100 miles of sharing a lane through rush hour traffic in 100 degree weather, it is not an affront to whomever orgainized the ride. I could of had a bad day, whatever, who cares!

That being said, it goes the same for organized rides, some folks ride slow, some folks ride fast, some folks wander and some are more direct, some stop often and some don't. We make our choices to maximize the little time off we have and it should not be held against us if we don't attend whatever the function is, whether it be dinner or ride.

I am not going to unsubscribe, I just won't answer you, hows that, I get too much back out of this wonderfull group of folks to worry about the occasional rant or gripe.

So how many people did I piss off?

Starting the list here....grin.
post #23 of 31 Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:40 am
Old Dawg

Bob I like the way you think

Dammit... my unsubscribe button didn't work

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

post #24 of 31 Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:11 am

"Can't we all just get along"

BTW Scott I thought it was directed at me since I started an HDDC thread.

But then again I thought it was just Nelson having ride withdrawels and

I'm going to have a brew and steak tonight at Vinces, toast all the fine folks here riding and having a good meal in Vacaville.
I'll see everyone after CCR

Cheers

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

post #25 of 31 Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 12:11 pm

Straight Shot on the 50 Slab..

It'll be fun to meet some more SAWDOGs - so we're slabbin' it. It's a straight shot for us on 50, so we won't be joining up at A&S.

We can pass the hat at dinner to help Tallyho (Bob) get his bike outta hock...

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-
post #26 of 31 Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 2:35 pm Thread Starter

Smile

I'm not sure who is holding anything against anyone. Certainly not me. We have a good sized group signed up and the reservation is made. Weather, work, previous plans, breakdowns, vacations, shit happens. Whatever date we pick not everyone can go. I never said it was mandatory meeting of the NorCal BMW Rainbow Coalition. There are two-lane ways to get anywhere in California but not necessarily during the time constraints of a Wednesday night. I say we get there fast and then we'll take it slow.(so did the Beach Boys)

PS: I like Vince's too. Steak and pasta! But don't forget Bert's Diner or Silva's Sheldon Inn as an alternative when near Elk Grove.

Bob Morrow #4204
post #27 of 31 Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 2:36 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallzee
We can pass the hat at dinner to help Tallyho (Bob) get his bike outta hock...
Well, if you insist....

We're going to have a 2nd meetpoint at Eppie's parking lot off the West Capital exit on I80 at about 6:30pm. Perhaps you and Renna can meet us there.

Bob Morrow #4204
post #28 of 31 Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 2:45 pm Thread Starter

Made reservation for 20-24.

2. Bob and Jeanie
3. Cara
5. Denise & Bruce
7. Mark & Vicki
9. Wayne & Pam
10. Dave Harner
11. Larry
13. Bryan & Charlene
15. Brian & Renna
17. Steve and Mia
18. Dave Morton

Bob Morrow #4204
post #29 of 31 Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:04 am

You have got to admit... It was a blast... I haven't laughed so much in such a long time. We have to do this again folks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00979A.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	13894   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00985A.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	13895   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00987A.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	13896   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00990A.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	13897   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00991A.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	13898  

Uncle Mark

BMWMOA Member #127457

post #30 of 31 Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:10 pm

Great time - camera dying - but did get a photo of some jesters...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P8220014.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	13900  

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-
post #31 of 31 Old Aug 24th, 2007, 7:24 am

Looks like it was fun. I will try to make it next time.

Dan-A
-----> BMW MOA # 137114
HDDC

2013 R1200GS LC
2009 HD XR1200 Sportster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in