End of an era - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 12:24 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

End of an era

Sad weekend at the household. Barbara (2000 K1200LT-I, Grif's old bike) was sold (pending full payment) to a nice couple from the Greater Sacramento Area. I'll let them intorduce themselves when the time is right for them.

I am bikeless again.

The search for a sidecar rig continues. I still have the hots for the 2002 LT with Hannigan 2+2 that Jeremy has posted in Classifieds. I wish I could afford it. Unless I can shed some high priced firearms it's not going to happen.

Looks like a new Ural Gearup or Patrol is more in line with my current budget for a cash purchase.

I checked with my insurance considering the at fault accidents and what my premium is going to be like and I was quoted $287 for the Ural. I suspect when the renewal happens, it's going to be much higher.

As far as the LT with Hanningan, the premium is still up in the air since they needed an underwriter to work up the numbers for the Hannigan part of the rig. We shall see.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 12:38 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

Best Ural pricing is from the Seattle area dealer. Get them to email you their price quote.

They will even fly you in to do the transaction. Then you can ride it back or have it shipped. Still come out ahead I think.

Ural Northwest

120 W. Smith Rd., Bellingham, WA 98226
Phone: (360) 223-1417
Fax: (360) 398-2550
[email protected]
www.uralnw.com/

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy

Last edited by RaffyK; Jul 16th, 2007 at 1:18 pm.
post #3 of 7 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 2:28 pm

Raffy:

Give Chuck an opportunity to bid on your Ural outfit. He owns the Modesto Ural Dealer, and I'm sure he could match your bid from up North.

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 4:10 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

post #5 of 7 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 10:39 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffyK
Best Ural pricing is from the Seattle area dealer. Get them to email you their price quote.

They will even fly you in to do the transaction. Then you can ride it back or have it shipped. Still come out ahead I think.
If Dave's gonna ride a Ural from Seattle to Florida, then he might a swell catch Prudhoe Bay along the way. I'm just sayin'.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #6 of 7 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 10:53 pm

I probably should keep my opinions to myself about the "Ural" product. When they first came to the US they were not, uh, very, uh, quality.

There were many issues we had to work.. total rewire at 2k miles (small fire due to lousy wires and routing), bearing issues... rusty..., replacement parts, numerous...slow parts delivery... almost like HD....

Speed... great in town... on highway, well, put in earplugs and remove your mirrors because you will be able to feel them breathing down your back...

The good news... it was a great tractor....even had a seat off one.

Bike was a great "grocery getter".. (see tractor line above)

Finally, the price was "right"...

Bike was lots of fun especially offroad in the mud!!!

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #7 of 7 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 11:16 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

They are much better now with lots of improvements.

On the other hand, I could opt for something nostalgic like this:

Raffy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in