Charity Poker Run in Napa, July 21 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Jun 5th, 2007, 6:49 pm Thread Starter

Charity Poker Run in Napa, July 21

Fellow NorCal Posse:

A couple years ago many of you ran a poker run I put together through my POA to benefit an officerís family. Unfortunately, this year we (city of Napa employees) need to help out another. A city employee, Mike White, is suffering from ALS. His bills and expenses are mounting faster than he and his wife have resources to cover.

Mike was a garage mechanic at our corp. yard for several years. In addition to being a rider himself, he was always available to help us motor guys with bike issues when we didnít want to make a trip to the BMW shop out of town.

FYI, Iím not in charge the poker run this time, another POA member has taken the lead on this one. But, I will be putting this out to the two local BK chapters as well. Once I get some head counts, Iíll set up a coffee meeting spot, and I'll be happy to lead us over to the church.

Here is the link to the web page and registration if you can make the run.

http://www.friendsofmikewhite.org/

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

On the road to wreck, and ruin -ó but making great time.

Last edited by tlash; Jun 5th, 2007 at 6:59 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Jun 5th, 2007, 7:59 pm

Just put it on my calendar - Form downloaded, I'm in.

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else
post #3 of 14 Old Jun 5th, 2007, 8:21 pm Thread Starter

Thanks, John.

Guess I ought to start the list:

1. Tom
2. John

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

post #4 of 14 Old Jun 5th, 2007, 11:15 pm

Charity Poker Run in Napa, July 21

I will try to get some of my friends to go also.

1. Tom
2. John
4. Bruce and Denise

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy $hit...what a ride"-Mavis Leyrer
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Stienbeck
08 CanAm Spyder "Fast Truck"(Wifes')
08 Kawasaki KLR 650 "Lil Dirt Truck"
05 K1200Lt "Lt Truck"
05 Piaggio X9 Reveloution "Lil Truck"

97 International 4700 "Big Truck"

AMA Life Member
BMWMOA

post #5 of 14 Old Jun 6th, 2007, 10:01 am

1. Tom
2. John
4. Bruce and Denise
5. Nathan
post #6 of 14 Old Jun 6th, 2007, 10:05 am

Count us in

I was on the last one Tom and had a great time, count us in also. I will download the form and send in. Keep us updated on the meeting point.

1. Tom
2. John
4. Bruce and Denise
5. Nathan
7. Steve and Mia

Steve and Mia

'05 R1200RT
'05 R1150R

post #7 of 14 Old Jul 15th, 2007, 11:36 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandM
Keep us updated on the meeting point.
This ride is this coming Saturday, the 21st. For anybody who wishes to meet as a group before the ride, Iíll be at the Starbucks at 247 Soscol Ave., in Napa, at 0745. At 0800 Iíll lead the group over to the church for the registration, and start. As always, the poker run will be self-paced. Everyone should ride at a pace that they are comfortable.

Here is the link to the web page, and registration form:

http://www.friendsofmikewhite.org/

Looking forward to seeing those of you who can make it.

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

post #8 of 14 Old Jul 15th, 2007, 2:20 pm

Still planning on it, should be able to meet you for Coffee.
If anyone want to ride in from Sacramento early enough to met with Tom, let me know.

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

post #9 of 14 Old Jul 15th, 2007, 5:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarider
Still planning on it, should be able to meet you for Coffee.
If anyone want to ride in from Sacramento early enough to met with Tom, let me know.
1. Tom
2. John
4. Bruce and Denise
5. Nathan (with John)
7. Steve and Mia

Last edited by Nathan; Jul 15th, 2007 at 5:39 pm.
post #10 of 14 Old Jul 20th, 2007, 10:13 am

Sacramento - Napa to meet Tom at Starbucks before the event.
Meet at Eppies in West Sac.
Be ready to ride at 0645.

1. Tom
2. John - (meet at Eppies - then to Starbucks Napa)
4. Bruce and Denise
5. Nathan - (meet at Eppies - then to Starbucks Napa)
7. Steve and Mia

Only 7

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

post #11 of 14 Old Jul 20th, 2007, 11:53 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the sticky, John. I'll see you all in the morning. There will be at least a few other locals at coffee as well.

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

post #12 of 14 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 8:23 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up

I got this through my city email today:

Quote:
Just to let everyone know, the Fundraiser for Mike White was a GREAT SUCCESS!!! We had originally signed up about 45 bikers for the poker run. 106 bikers showed up to support Mike. We werenít able to get an exact head count, but I estimate between 300-350 people showed up for the event. The weather was perfect and everyone had a great time. First Baptist Church willingly opened up their place for the event and asked for nothing in return. It was the perfect location for the fundraiser. It was great to see some folks from the City of Napa show up to support Mike. We had some awesome silent auction and raffle prizes. The silent auction alone brought in about $8900. We counted the money we took in on event day and it totaled a little over $19,000. That money along with the donations that were sent in totaled about $35,000. Mike and his family were there and it was touching to see the emotion on their faces when they saw all the people. They told me later that they were absolutely overwhelmed at the show of support they received. Thanks to all who participated. It made all the difference.

Judy Bond
Thanks guys.

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

post #13 of 14 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 9:02 am

Awesome! .....

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

post #14 of 14 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 11:07 am

Looks like fun and I am sorry I missed it.

Family duties kept me off 2 wheels this weekend.

Maybe next time.

Dan-A
-----> BMW MOA # 137114
HDDC

2013 R1200GS LC
2009 HD XR1200 Sportster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in