BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Garage Party tonight at A&S BMW Motorcycles

3K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  amarider 
#1 ·
I'm sure most of you know, but tonight is the Garage Party here at A&S BMW Motorcycles! Along with the Gold Country Riders, we'll feature and demonstrate apparel, have a pre-ride check demonstration with a service tech, MSF instructional, hot weather riding discussion, and the do's and don't of buying a bike. We'll also have good food and good times! Swing on by!!!

6-8 p.m.
1125 Orlando Ave. Roseville, CA 95678

#4 ·
Huh?

Maybe it's just me but this seems like a fairly blatant advertisement disguised as a legitimate post. Hmm, that would be called what....spam?

A ruling from the moderator?

#5 ·
Tallyho said:
Maybe it's just me but this seems like a fairly blatant advertisement disguised as a legitimate post. Hmm, that would be called what....spam?

It was an invitation to a free event hosted by a local rider's group at our store. All were welcome and those who attended had a good time.

BTW - A&S is a sponsor of this site and an occasional post about an event like an open house is not out of line

#6 ·
Tallyho said:

Yep, It's just you Bob,

Considering a Moderator replied to the post that they were going to attend (Raffy), I belive a mod did make a ruling. As a third Moderator who attended I agree, It was a very beneficial event for the members of this board.

#9 ·
Tallyho said:
Obviously, I disagree and I feel it should be reviewed by the moderators. :(
Well it was review by at least three moderators so.......
I'm having a hard time understanding what your trying to accomplish here?
3 moderators attended this event, and the thread has been up long enough for others to see. Since you don't agree with those moderators, you want other moderators to review? At this point I believe you need to bring your concerns up with one of the Admins via a PM.

#10 · (Edited)
Bob I don't understand what your beef is with this post or more importantly how it affects you. It bothers me that you are concerned about something that has already happened and is in our past... however if you are trying to avoid these kind of posts from occurring in the future, then I guess we do have a discussion. If it was a promotional post for A&S, which is up for interpretation by us (the admins and moderators of this site), they are a sponsor here and we (the people who run this board) allow sponsors of this site some leniency in posting if it is a benefit to the membership of BMWLT.COM, which this post would appear to do.
In closing I would ask again if you could clearly explain what bothers you about this post and our polices or what is really on your mind so perhaps we (the admins and mods) could understand and bring it up for discussion.

#11 ·
I'm totaly unsure of the reasons for this . anybody on this list unaware that

A&S sells BMW's ? and since Bob lists in his sig that He has a BMW is he not "advertising?"

This is a site where fellow riders should post information about events .

I forgot that A&S was having an event and unlike the news which tells us of what we missed this post was informitive. or would have been If I had read it.

BTW Bob your clock only tells us what time it was.

now folks lets get ready for a fun Monday!

Chuck

#12 ·
RowdyGirl said:
I'm sure most of you know, but tonight is the Garage Party here at A&S BMW Motorcycles! Along with the Gold Country Riders, we'll feature and demonstrate apparel, have a pre-ride check demonstration with a service tech, MSF instructional, hot weather riding discussion, and the do's and don't of buying a bike. We'll also have good food and good times! Swing on by!!!

6-8 p.m.
1125 Orlando Ave. Roseville, CA 95678

Thank you posting this event. It is a great way to communicate. With work and all ,I had forgotten about it until I read your post.:)

#13 ·
I don't get it! This is a BMW forum, and the dealership network it intwined in the BMW lifestyle for its members. In fact, there's a full section dedicated to rating dealerships, where people talk, at length, about BMW dealerships.

I enjoy reading about events that will take place at dealerships throughout Northern California and the Greater Bay Area. For me, this wasn't an advertisement for the dealership, but rather, it was an invitation to an event that happened to be at a dealership.

I didn't find the original post in this thread offensive at all, but I do find the public flogging of that original poster offensive. On to something else, please!

#14 ·
My only regret is that they didn't post notice about the garage party sooner, so I could have planned on going. I used my whole day much more "wisely", by digging holes, and planting trees! A&S is a very dedicated supporter of this (and other) groups that serve a real purpose.

#16 ·
Tallyho said:
If it were a sales event, maybe. I was there and it wasn't. The service technitians gave some good advice, and I was able to get some one on one time with the tech on doing some of my own maintenance and repair.

It was a very good event. I also agree with Scott, A&S is also a site sponspor. If it was a non-sponsor then maybe it might wrong.

#17 ·
scottydawg said:
Bob I don't understand what your beef is with this post or more importantly how it affects you. It bothers me that you are concerned about something that has already happened and is in our past... however if you are trying to avoid these kind of posts from occurring in the future, then I guess we do have a discussion. If it was a promotional post for A&S, which is up for interpretation by us (the admins and moderators of this site), they are a sponsor here and we (the people who run this board) allow sponsors of this site some leniency in posting if it is a benefit to the membership of BMWLT.COM, which this post would appear to do.
In closing I would ask again if you could clearly explain what bothers you about this post and our polices or what is really on your mind so perhaps we (the admins and mods) could understand and bring it up for discussion.
Scott,

Thank you for the clarification, genuine concern, and objectivity in your quality response. This was all I was looking for initially.

#18 ·
Tallyho said:
Scott,

Thank you for the clarification, genuine concern, and objectivity in your quality response. This was all I was looking for initially.
Well, I'm coming a little late to the party on this one (being the NorCal Moderator and all), and I apologize about that. I think the other mods and discussion have covered this well, and the issue seems to be put to bed, but I want to make sure. Let me know and I'm happy to discuss further if needed.

Again, sorry for my late response to this.

#19 ·
I won a teeshirt, multi-tool and $20.00 gift certificate.
What was the question?

#23 ·
Chuck Presnail said:
DavidTaylor said:
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :rotf:

Ok now we have gone too far I'm tired of having things UP Chucked in my name .

And I dont DO wood I weld .

Chuck

Have a happy tuesday. Hey is anyone going to eat this week I'm waisting away - ok I lied. and I'm down to one running bike. OH MY!!!!
Well you better buy another one tomorrow!! You're not allowed to own just one. That's rule number 7 :)

Start a dinner thread. I'm sure somebody will show up:bmw:

#24 ·
DavidTaylor said:
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :rotf:
I actually know the answer to this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.