Regarding HDDC Dinner - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old May 28th, 2007, 3:29 pm Thread Starter

Regarding HDDC Dinner

First, where do you guys meet? Ted mentioned it but being the idiot that I am I quickly forgot. A mind is a terrible thing to waste! Second, after reading the threads it looks like you guys move around for dinner a lot. If you're looking for a place, ever try Moore's River Boat, in the Delta.....about 40mins from Sac, or longer depending on how you want to get there...quick return if you want to jump on HW 5 or better yet take the scenic river route......you can check the place out on the web by running up the name.......Frankmc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old May 28th, 2007, 3:37 pm
Some guy on the Interwebs

Frank,
We decide where we are going to have dinner here on the forum, under the Northern California thread. Just look for a title of hddc and the current date. Usually nothing is decided until the last minute.

We have been doing this for over 4 years now, but I don't know if we have ever been to Moore's. Roger is the "keeper of the list," have we gone there Roger?

Personally the last two times I have dined there it has been pretty bad food and service, hopefully that has changed.

The pre-dinner meeting point for the ride is usually posted on the forum also.

So come on out to a dinner, attend two dinners and you're an official member, which bestows upon you absolutely nothing!

Hal
Lodi, California

If you aren't good for anything else, you can always serve as a bad example.

HDDC Posse

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old May 28th, 2007, 4:26 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the info

Haven't been to the River Boat for a while so I can't vouch for the food. Used to be OK when I kept the boat but that's been awhile.....sounds like you're more up to date than I...as for gaining nothing, I'm pretty well used to that and it's about what my value is!..Frankmc

post #4 of 7 Old May 28th, 2007, 5:11 pm

Hal, ever been to a place called the Rusty Porthole on Bethel Island? Not open on Wed but I have had some thoughts of checking it out on a Sunday evening dinner ride.

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"
post #5 of 7 Old May 28th, 2007, 6:22 pm Thread Starter

RE: Bethel Island

Haven't been there in a couple of years but the Rusty Porthole used to be OK. Another place is the Sugar Barge on Bethel Island. Nice spot for a drink, it looks out over Frank's Tract. I was there for lunch last week. Food was OK......frankmc
post #6 of 7 Old May 28th, 2007, 10:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LodiHal
Frank,
We decide where we are going to have dinner here on the forum, under the Northern California thread. Just look for a title of hddc and the current date. Usually nothing is decided until the last minute.

We have been doing this for over 4 years now, but I don't know if we have ever been to Moore's. Roger is the "keeper of the list," have we gone there Roger?

Personally the last two times I have dined there it has been pretty bad food and service, hopefully that has changed.

The pre-dinner meeting point for the ride is usually posted on the forum also.

So come on out to a dinner, attend two dinners and you're an official member, which bestows upon you absolutely nothing!
We haven't been there. Any place named Moore's can't be all that good.

It is Monday already. Perfectly acceptable to start the "where to go" dialogue. Someplace near A&S would be ok. Lots of places N/E of there. Lincoln, Roseville, Rocklin. Near Dells place maybe?

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 7 Old May 31st, 2007, 5:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyho
Hal, ever been to a place called the Rusty Porthole on Bethel Island? Not open on Wed but I have had some thoughts of checking it out on a Sunday evening dinner ride.
I'd be there for that one...

Uncle Mark

BMW '06' 1200LT "Wild Blue"

BMWMOA Member #127457
Honda CX500 Custom - RIP '00'

"An intelligence agency that FEARS intelligence? Historically, not awesome." . . . From what movie?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in