HID Tech Session and other Farkles. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Apr 10th, 2007, 7:12 pm Thread Starter

Smile HID Tech Session and other Farkles.

I Will be hosting another tech. session at my home this Saturday morning/afternoon 4/14 starting about ten AM, for all of you that have been (bugging me) Asking me to hold another one....grin. I can supply drinks and some shade and of couse a place to work. Let me know who will be coming, and what you want to do, so I have an idea of what to setup.

1169 Apache St.
Livermore, CA. 94551
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Apr 10th, 2007, 7:34 pm

Im in
Loose wire on Hid

Thanks Bob.

Nelson
99 K1200LT
post #3 of 11 Old Apr 10th, 2007, 9:54 pm

Bob:

I'll be there. I have high & low beam HID's to install, and MotoLlite Repair (I have the new harness from MotoLite), AND I hope to have a accessory fuse block to install, by the time we meet on Saturday.

I have a Ride4Kids Task Force Meeting at 9:00 a.m. I'll leave early so that I can be at your house by 11:00-11:30 a.m.

Many thanks, Bob...

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 Old Apr 14th, 2007, 1:04 am

Won't be able to make it after all. Wife has other plans for me this weekend. Thanks for the offer,though.

John

John Richardson
--keeper of "The Beast"
2k Champagne LTC
Salem, OR.
post #5 of 11 Old Apr 14th, 2007, 9:25 am

Im out too. I need to take care of a few things.
Thanks again for the offer.

Nelson
99 K1200LT
post #6 of 11 Old Apr 14th, 2007, 10:12 am

Hey Bob, I'm still "in", rain or shine!

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

post #7 of 11 Old Apr 15th, 2007, 1:58 am

Smile A Big Thanks to Bob "Ten Beers"

Bob:

I just wanted to take the time to thank you publicly for your hard work, today, to get my bike wired properly for the HID system, and to wire in the autoswitch and repair my Motolites. There's no way I could have done the job you did. I just hope I was able to help you a little. I owe you!

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

post #8 of 11 Old Apr 15th, 2007, 8:23 am Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfredriksson
Bob:

I just wanted to take the time to thank you publicly for your hard work, today, to get my bike wired properly for the HID system, and to wire in the autoswitch and repair my Motolites. There's no way I could have done the job you did. I just hope I was able to help you a little. I owe you!
Thanks John, glad I could help, let me know what they say about your low beam.

Bob R.
post #9 of 11 Old Apr 15th, 2007, 12:40 pm

Thoughts on loss of power to low beam

Bob:

I was looking through the Clymer Shop Manual, and I don't see any headlight relay in the wiring from the fuse to the highbeam/low beam switch on the left handlebar. I wonder if the power to the switch became disconnected, assuming there's a connector on that switch.

What is your experience along those lines?

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

post #10 of 11 Old Apr 16th, 2007, 5:54 pm Thread Starter

Question

I don't remember there being any conectors at the switches, they are hardwired down to where they plug into the harness. We did not open any of those handle bar covers until we went to install the autoswitch, and all of that worked fine. Under the stingray I believe is where the handle bar stuff connects in to the main harness. Just a thought.

Bob R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfredriksson
Bob:

I was looking through the Clymer Shop Manual, and I don't see any headlight relay in the wiring from the fuse to the highbeam/low beam switch on the left handlebar. I wonder if the power to the switch became disconnected, assuming there's a connector on that switch.

What is your experience along those lines?
post #11 of 11 Old Apr 16th, 2007, 9:43 pm

You're right, Bob. The low beam failed well before we removed the handlebar cover, on the right side. Probably, if that plug (under the Stingray) became detatched, more then the low beam would have lost power!

I left a message for the Service Manager of BMW of SF to call me tomorrow, when they open. Hey, I've got a warrantly; so, I say, "Punt"!

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in