East Coast Here I come - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Mar 11th, 2007, 12:15 am Thread Starter

Talking East Coast Here I come

This Summer I have a family reunion near Durham, NC. I'll have to be near Durham by the 23rd of July. I'll problaby be leaving around the middle of June.

Idaho, and Yellostone are in my sights

I am planning to flyfish and ride my way there, with stops in Boulder (my son Johannes is participating in the soccer Professional Development League), and Springfield, MO (Johannes plays for Missouri State U).

Are there in this community any flyfishers/riders to provide suggestions for routes and places to fish along the way? I am not snobbish about trout, as I fish for any and all species. I'll be carrying several rods and waders, and be prepared for anything.

Suggestions will be welcomed.

Alvaro

"Whatever you can do or dream you can begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."

Goethe

'02 K1200LT-E "Orca"
BushTech Trailer (Nugget?)
'77 GS750 Suzuki (Red Knight) (To be sold soon)

BMWMOA 131323
HDDC Posse

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Mar 11th, 2007, 7:47 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ademarzi
This Summer I have a family reunion near Durham, NC. I'll have to be near Durham by the 23rd of July. I'll problaby be leaving around the middle of June.

Idaho, and Yellostone are in my sights

I am planning to flyfish and ride my way there, with stops in Boulder (my son Johannes is participating in the soccer Professional Development League), and Springfield, MO (Johannes plays for Missouri State U).

Are there in this community any flyfishers/riders to provide suggestions for routes and places to fish along the way? I am not snobbish about trout, as I fish for any and all species. I'll be carrying several rods and waders, and be prepared for anything.

Suggestions will be welcomed.
Be sure you try these two when you're in Springfield. Roaring River State Park is about 65 miles southwest of Springfield and Bennett Springs State Park is 60 miles northeast.

http://www.missouritrout.com/roaringriver.html
http://www.lebanonmo.org/fishing/index.html

Give me your itinerary for when you leave Springfield and I'll help you plan a route with great roads.

Bruce Hodges
post #3 of 4 Old Mar 11th, 2007, 1:02 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Bruce,

As my plans firm up I'll get in touch with you. I will be tenting it most of the way so knowing about good places to lay my head will help.

Once again thanks, and I will be in touch,

Alvaro

"Whatever you can do or dream you can begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."

Goethe

'02 K1200LT-E "Orca"
BushTech Trailer (Nugget?)
'77 GS750 Suzuki (Red Knight) (To be sold soon)

BMWMOA 131323
HDDC Posse

post #4 of 4 Old Mar 11th, 2007, 1:28 pm

North Carolina sounds pretty nice to me. Just recently I heard from my nephew in Golden, Co. He is now wanting to get back east and is looking for homes in the Wilmington area near the coast. He believes the winters might be a little milder? Then they'll be closer to New England where most of the family lives. I will sure miss visiting them in the summer in the Denver area though. But, N.C. sound like a place I might want to checkout for a winter home when I retire. I plan on building a small cabin on my family property in Maine for the summers.

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in