Mini Tech Session East Bay Mar. 10th. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old Mar 6th, 2007, 3:08 pm Thread Starter

Smile Mini Tech Session East Bay Mar. 10th.

9 AM Saturday, Doing a shock swap this saturday with Doug H. then following up with fluid swap on mine for 48K. Won't be as fancy as the HDDC tech sessions, but Y'All welcome to come by for what you needs help on.

1169 Apache St.
Livermore, CA. 94551

Just Bob.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old Mar 6th, 2007, 7:03 pm

If it's OK I would like to come down and watch(and get in the way). I bought a new rear shock for mine but it hasn't come yet.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy $hit...what a ride"-Mavis Leyrer
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Stienbeck
08 CanAm Spyder "Fast Truck"(Wifes')
08 Kawasaki KLR 650 "Lil Dirt Truck"
05 K1200Lt "Lt Truck"
05 Piaggio X9 Reveloution "Lil Truck"

97 International 4700 "Big Truck"

AMA Life Member
BMWMOA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 20 Old Mar 6th, 2007, 7:11 pm
Super Moderator

I might come out for a visit, just to see what's up and give you guys fits.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #4 of 20 Old Mar 6th, 2007, 9:36 pm

my ohlins are scheduled for delivery friday, would like to put on soon if ok with you?

Glenn BTW
California Delta Country
05 LT, ocean blue ( the replacement player)
05 LT, dark graphite (motorcycle heaven)

1100RT-P in a previous life
post #5 of 20 Old Mar 6th, 2007, 10:18 pm

Damn ..wish this was a week or so later...I am taking off for a vacation tomorrow and I do need help with my low HID still having a problem with a wire ...Maybe down the road we can can together and swap a slab of ....you know what ....

Nelson
99 K1200LT
post #6 of 20 Old Mar 7th, 2007, 10:47 am Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson61
Damn ..wish this was a week or so later...I am taking off for a vacation tomorrow and I do need help with my low HID still having a problem with a wire ...Maybe down the road we can can together and swap a slab of ....you know what ....
Your always welcome Nelson, with or without slab....grin.

BTW, I do need to talk to you about some Briskit though 5/6 of them in fact, need to smoke some for a big family gathering. PM me with # so we can arrange.

Bob R.
post #7 of 20 Old Mar 8th, 2007, 12:25 am
Super Moderator

I won't be able to make it out, some other stuff came up for Saturday. You fellas have fun "shocking" each other (yes, the bad puns are the best).

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #8 of 20 Old Mar 8th, 2007, 9:19 am

Just dropping a note to say, I'm a definite maybe. That way you won't be "shocked" to see me.

Sorry

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else
post #9 of 20 Old Mar 9th, 2007, 1:34 am

Does any body want to meet for breakfast before hand

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy $hit...what a ride"-Mavis Leyrer
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Stienbeck
05 K1200Lt "Lt Truck"

AMA Life Member
BMWMOA

post #10 of 20 Old Mar 9th, 2007, 9:35 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey
Does any body want to meet for breakfast before hand
Are you up to riding to Sac for the RBC breakfast? Just a little out of the way.......

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

post #11 of 20 Old Mar 9th, 2007, 9:44 am

Hadn't planed on it but that's possibility. What time and where (need address for GPS). I was kind of thinking Livermoore.

05 K1200Lt "Lt Truck"

AMA Life Member
BMWMOA

post #12 of 20 Old Mar 9th, 2007, 9:48 am

I was just going Hwy 88 to I-5 and over to Livermore but would meet anyone who wants to go early at Flag City ( I-5 & Hwy 12) at 7:00 am (I need to be in Livermore by 9:00 am).

Doug Holck
Lodi, Ca

I don't always ride motorcycles,
but when I do I prefer BMW's.
Ride safely my friends

3 Continents -10 Countries - 50 States

02 K1200LTe
04 1150GS Adventure
08 Suzuki DR650
CCR 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
See you 2015 in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho

BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

post #13 of 20 Old Mar 9th, 2007, 10:00 am

Sound good Doug. 7:00am and Flag City. Which resturant?

05 K1200Lt "Lt Truck"

AMA Life Member
BMWMOA

post #14 of 20 Old Mar 9th, 2007, 8:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey
Sound good Doug. 7:00am and Flag City. Which resturant?
Have not kept up with development out there so lets meet at McDonalds at 7:00 am. and and then pick a place unless you have a favorite.

Doug Holck
Lodi, Ca

I don't always ride motorcycles,
but when I do I prefer BMW's.
Ride safely my friends

3 Continents -10 Countries - 50 States

02 K1200LTe
04 1150GS Adventure
08 Suzuki DR650
CCR 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
See you 2015 in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho

BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

post #15 of 20 Old Mar 10th, 2007, 12:10 am

7:00 at McDonalds see you there.l

05 K1200Lt "Lt Truck"

AMA Life Member
BMWMOA

post #16 of 20 Old Mar 10th, 2007, 8:35 am

I'm running late but I'll be there - Mceeeeeeeeee Deeeeeeeeeeeeees.

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

post #17 of 20 Old Mar 10th, 2007, 1:08 pm

Bob:

Weezie & I just returned from Maui last night at 1:30 a.m., and we're just waking up. I really wanted to use your expertise to install my high & low beam HID's!!!!

Can you and I get together for a micro-mini tech to do that job in the near future? I'll supply the steaks!

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

post #18 of 20 Old Mar 10th, 2007, 8:15 pm

It was a Shocking day..........

Good to see everyone, Doug and Glenn hope you enjoy the Ohlins.

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

post #19 of 20 Old Mar 10th, 2007, 11:56 pm

Ohlins are great, thanks for the help guys

Glenn BTW
California Delta Country
05 LT, ocean blue ( the replacement player)
05 LT, dark graphite (motorcycle heaven)

1100RT-P in a previous life
post #20 of 20 Old Mar 11th, 2007, 9:54 pm Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfredriksson
Bob:

Weezie & I just returned from Maui last night at 1:30 a.m., and we're just waking up. I really wanted to use your expertise to install my high & low beam HID's!!!!

Can you and I get together for a micro-mini tech to do that job in the near future? I'll supply the steaks!
No Problem, will post when next one is, will probably need to do my own on the new bike when I get it by then.

Bob R.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in