Nor Cal CCR interest this year? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old Jan 11th, 2007, 11:41 am Thread Starter

Nor Cal CCR interest this year?

I notice that there's not very many HDDCers or NorCalers signed up for CCR this year as of yet? With 350 already signed up for CCR this year, looks like an early sell out.

Since we had a lot more signed up last year with CCR farther away, I was wondering why so little interest in CCR this year?
So why are you not signed up or going this year?
Who's planning on going but not signed up yet?

Inquiring minds want to know.

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old Jan 11th, 2007, 1:02 pm
Super Moderator

I'm signed up and going, just not sure how I'm getting there yet (ride, ship and fly, etc.).

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 Old Jan 11th, 2007, 1:08 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTaylor
I'm signed up and going, just not sure how I'm getting there yet (ride, ship and fly, etc.).
Just as long as you get there David, otherwise who's going to buy my beers!

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

post #4 of 26 Old Jan 11th, 2007, 1:18 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarider
...otherwise who's going to buy my beers!
I guess the Oregon contingent will have to fork over some suds for you John.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #5 of 26 Old Jan 11th, 2007, 3:11 pm

You know I'm good for a beer or two John....

MMMMMMM....BBBEEEEEERRR.....

John

Live and direct from the new earthquake capitol of the U.S. Jones, Oklahoma
08 Can-Am Spyder (Miss Lindy's)
03 R1200CLC Capri Blue "Flipper"

01 R1100RT Glacier Blue "Lucky"
91 R100GS "It'sNotAMoneyPit"
The voices in my head may not be real, But they have some good ideas!

"I like the wind in my face and Boobies on my back. No, Wait, I got that backwards"

post #6 of 26 Old Jan 11th, 2007, 3:41 pm Thread Starter

Ok - Thanks Guys, looks like I be taken care of in the Suds department.

But Back to the questions at hand. ?????

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

post #7 of 26 Old Jan 11th, 2007, 5:19 pm
Some guy on the Interwebs

I can't afford to be away from my business for that long a time. And the ride there would be the most fun part of it. Need a CCR closer to the left coast for a change.

Hal
Lodi, California

If you aren't good for anything else, you can always serve as a bad example.

HDDC Posse

post #8 of 26 Old Jan 11th, 2007, 5:56 pm

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTaylor
Dave, what would keep you from riding? Is it the long distance (about 3 days each way, or 2 days pushing it)?
I'll be taking a week off work so for me it won't be a problem, but I realize that some have a business to run.
It would be nice to have CCR a little closer... Too bad I missed Wyoming!!!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #9 of 26 Old Jan 11th, 2007, 6:58 pm

Cool Ccr

Sorry but two CCR's in the same gen. area won't do for me and mine, vacation time is in short supply, riding back from CCR last year saw alot of this neck of the woods, looking for something different.

Just my two cents,

Just Bob.
post #10 of 26 Old Jan 11th, 2007, 7:06 pm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg
Dave, what would keep you from riding? Is it the long distance (about 3 days each way, or 2 days pushing it)?
I'll be taking a week off work so for me it won't be a problem, but I realize that some have a business to run.
It would be nice to have CCR a little closer... Too bad I missed Wyoming!!!
It really depends on work and what's happening with my projects at that time. I'm 70% sure that I'll ride out and back, I just have to work a few things over the next couple of months to make sure that can happen.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

post #11 of 26 Old Jan 11th, 2007, 7:18 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarider
But Back to the questions at hand. ?????
I am quite certain that Tan-Tar-A is wonderful, quality resort with amenities beyond anything experienced at a CCR up to this date. However, from viewing their website, studying maps and the topography of the surrounding area, and recalling my previous summer weather experiences in Missouri added to the 1900 mile direct route, I find the location insufficiently attractive to commit a 2nd vacation week so that my pillion and I might enjoy a more relaxed and circuitous route to and from the event. As you know, we in the West live amid some of the finest terrain and roads available in the country for road touring, far from places where the state tree is a telephone pole. There is a reason the settlers continued on to the Oregon Trail. We will again watch this site with great hope the night of August 31st awaiting the announcement of CCR 2008 but I suspect that CCR will again be south and east in 2008. I put 12K miles on my LT last spring/summer/fall, so it's definitely not the distance. It's more a cost benefit analysis that has the road calling us in a different direction to other destinations this year.

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"
post #12 of 26 Old Jan 11th, 2007, 7:33 pm
Cat Herder

Garage
Smile CCR West Coast Style

I have always wanted to do a CCR, but Missouri is not it. I grew up north of there in Iowa and its nice and all - and my sister and brother inlaw would drive down with there boat, but it would be a "Been There-Done That - ride for me (MHO)

What about a mini West Coast CCR in Northern Cal, Nevada, Utah? Thoughts!!

Tvguy
'16 R1200RT - "Golden Eye"
'11 R1200RT - "Night Fury" SOLD
'02 K1200LTE - "The Silver Bullet" SOLD

post #13 of 26 Old Jan 11th, 2007, 8:12 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy
I have always wanted to do a CCR, but Missouri is not it. I grew up north of there in Iowa and its nice and all - and my sister and brother inlaw would drive down with there boat, but it would be a "Been There-Done That - ride for me (MHO)

We do a WCR each year, usally around the thrid week of June. Do a seach on WCR and check out what has been done in the past.
This years WCR will be in Southern Oregon, plan are being made as we type.

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

post #14 of 26 Old Jan 11th, 2007, 8:21 pm

I agree with Bob (Tallyho) that area just dont do it for me spending my vacation time.

Nelson
99 K1200LT
post #15 of 26 Old Jan 11th, 2007, 11:14 pm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy

Not quite a Mini CCR or WCR, but I put together a couple of overnight rides that tend to draw a decent sized and fun crowd. the next one is in May 5-6 in Cambria, CA. I also do a ride up to Fort Bragg, CA in October. There's a sticky post at the top of this forum with details on Cambria, come and join us if you like!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

post #16 of 26 Old Jan 12th, 2007, 12:23 pm
Bouncer

I respect the decision some of you guys are making on vacation days, so I understand.

I did want to mention that a couple of our past attendees have asked if it was a problem to NOT bring their bikes and bring their boats. Rumor has it that there is a cove on Lake of the Ozarks where clothing is optional. Someone likened it to the party cove on Lake Tahoe (Hey Scott and Ted, did you hear me?). LOL!!!

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #17 of 26 Old Jan 12th, 2007, 12:48 pm Thread Starter

Hey Jeff,

There's already been talk of renting a houseboat on the lake to troll for code 7's.

I was just wondering why so few of the NorCalers have signed up as of yet. I figured that the main answer would be distance/time factors. Little surprized by the bias against the location,surrounding area and the ride there from the left coast.

With two mountain ranges in between here and there the options and scenery are endless. I plan to cross over all the way to Wichita on US 50 and then take US 54 the rest of the way in. Lots of old time Americana to visit on that route. But I would go no matter where it was held, because it's the people that make the event. Location to me is a small factor with the ride and the people being the gems.

I fully understand and respect the time/work issues we all have to work through to get our precious time away. With some of the other events like Cambria, Red River, WCR and Fort Bragg, it's great to share a ride, BS or drink a beer with those that don't make CCR.

Looking forward to a great year of riding in 2007.

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

post #18 of 26 Old Jan 12th, 2007, 2:11 pm
Bouncer

And Missouri HWY 125 is one of the most fun roads I have ever ridden. Whoever designed that road must also design road courses. Curves are ON-camber and the surface is in very good shape. There are 2 or 3 offshoots from HWY 125 that are nearly as much fun as well. I've already started scouting roads around Tan-Tar-A. The southern and central part of the state appear to have some really nice riding options.

Then again, if you get to the top of 125 in Ozark, you have some pretty Missouri girls throw some hot rolls at you at Lamberts.

I think you should try to contact Barry Adler. He was one of the guys is giving consideration of bringing the boat instead of the bike. The eternal search for the perfect Code 7 is a never-ending journey. LOL

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #19 of 26 Old Jan 12th, 2007, 3:33 pm
BMW Guru

The location looks cool and there are endless possibilities for rides out and back IF you have the time...like most of the folks here, I just don't get enough vacation to do it right

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #20 of 26 Old Jan 12th, 2007, 6:12 pm

Hey Shred, I think you hit it right on the head... it's the ride. And for me, when I get there, it's folk's like you that make it for me.

I've been searching routes to get to TTA from New Braunfels. Purdy dayem boring. I may end up going thru S. Dakota.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #21 of 26 Old Jan 12th, 2007, 6:20 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Hey Shred, I think you hit it right on the head... it's the ride. And for me, when I get there, it's folk's like you that make it for me.

I've been searching routes to get to TTA from New Braunfels. Purdy dayem boring. I may end up going thru S. Dakota.
You should go thru NorCal Great roads there

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #22 of 26 Old May 22nd, 2007, 6:16 pm

Need a Western Version of the CCR

Would love to go, but no way I can take more than a week off. We need a CCR out left here. Also:

1. How does one join up with the H.D.D.C.?
2. Once joined, do you get a cool H.D.D.C. logo pin for your gear (or even better, a sticker for the LT)?

Answer to '2' not that important, but if anyone can tell me answer to '1', I'd appreciate it!

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-
post #23 of 26 Old May 22nd, 2007, 6:57 pm
Old Dawg

You just need to come to H.D.D.C. dinners twice. They every Wednesday (HUMP DAY DINNER CLUB).

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

''03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW GS/A
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
post #24 of 26 Old May 22nd, 2007, 7:15 pm

Do I still get the one attendance requirement since I bought Raffy's old LT?

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #25 of 26 Old May 22nd, 2007, 8:51 pm
Old Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
Do I still get the one attendance requirement since I bought Raffy's old LT?
That would require TWO dinners now... and if everyone that bought a vehicle off Raffy was a member we would need a pretty good sized shirt and hat order

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

''03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW GS/A
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
post #26 of 26 Old May 23rd, 2007, 6:02 am

Thanks Dawg, I knew I could count on you!!!!

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in