CCR Express to Tan-Ta-Ra - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 1:22 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

CCR Express to Tan-Ta-Ra

Well it's time to let you all know that CCR Express aka Raffy's Motogear4you rig, will be headed out to CCR 2007.

With the latest demolishing and reconfiguration, I'll be able to tow a minimum of 4 LTs or equivalent.

Obviously, I'll be taking one of my bikes. So that leaves 3 spots for anyone that has travel time constraints but is willing to:

1) fly in ride back
2) fly in and fly back
3) ride in and fly back

with the option of having their bike at CCR to enjoy.

If you are interested, let me know. I figure one way would be about $450 and round trip around $800.

Last year we took 3 LTs and came back with one LT and two R1150GS Adventures (bikes we bought from North Caolina).

Fair warning. These spots filled up quickly last year.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	two bikes in back one in front.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	9120   Click image for larger version

Name:	two bikes in back.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	9121  

Raffy

Last edited by RaffyK; Jan 4th, 2007 at 2:15 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 1:59 pm
Lifetime Supporter

WHAAAAT!!!
The CA Goldenboys (used to be one ) don't ride their bikes East?

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 South Africa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #3 of 18 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 2:04 pm
Lifetime Supporter

On second thought . . . I wouldn't want to ride across the desert in August either!

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #4 of 18 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 2:13 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

Been there done that.

Gatlinburg, TN in 2.5 days. Yup, 1100+ miles first day, 900 second and a mere 500 3rd day.

Business has expanded and the need to haul merchandise versus shipping it at a huge cost has become necessary.

This is an option that allows those who can't take extra time off to still make it to CCR.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #5 of 18 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 2:26 pm

I have ridden to the east coast twice now for CCR's, so far the closest CCR to Sacramento was 1000 miles in the Grand Tetons. I plan on riding this one which is about 2000 miles from Sacramento but if find that I can't get enough time off of work......
It sure is nice that we have a great HDDC bud out here that can get my ride to CCR so I can have my ride there!

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else
post #6 of 18 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 3:09 pm
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMitchell
WHAAAAT!!!
The CA Goldenboys (used to be one ) don't ride their bikes East?
Raffy, Nathan, and John will spend most of the week installing doodads on all the LTs that people rode to CCR. So I think I might cut them a little slack. Not a lot, but a little.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #7 of 18 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 3:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarider
It sure is nice that we have a great HDDC bud out here that can get my ride to CCR so I can have my ride there!
NorCal Ride Wimp??

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #8 of 18 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 3:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Raffy, Nathan, and John will spend most of the week installing doodads on all the LTs that people rode to CCR. So I think I might cut them a little slack. Not a lot, but a little.
I'll say one thang aboutcha Raffy - you sure know how to kick this site UP a 'notch'!!! Proud of all y'all CCR attendees out there on the left coast. Cya in the 'Show Me' state.
post #9 of 18 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 3:39 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

I hope you won't be showing your thong!

...and you thought we had forgotten about that.

Raffy
post #10 of 18 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 3:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
NorCal Ride Wimp??
Ya your right Steve -
I didn't ride very far last year to CCR in three days.........

Now how far did you go?

I'm a damm whimp for not making it in 2 days...........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CCR2006 040.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	9124  

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else
post #11 of 18 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 4:02 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

added benefit

For those riding both ways along the same route or close by, they will have the added benefit of knowing that we are one phone call away for assistance/rescue.

Last year we helped an LT owner with a flat tire. Swapped out his wheel and tire with our emergency spare and follwed him to the next closest dealer and swapped back.

4 days at Tan-ta-ra $600
Farkelizing your bike $100-$1000
Having your own rescue team if needed

Priceless

Raffy
post #12 of 18 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 5:29 pm

[QUOTE=amarider]Now how far did you go?QUOTE]Ouch, 40 miles one way.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

post #13 of 18 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 5:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffyK
For those riding both ways along the same route or close by, they will have the added benefit of knowing that we are one phone call away for assistance/rescue.

Last year we helped an LT owner with a flat tire. Swapped out his wheel and tire with our emergency spare and follwed him to the next closest dealer and swapped back.

4 days at Tan-ta-ra $600

Priceless
You guys RAWK!!!!

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

post #14 of 18 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 5:42 pm

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffyK

4 days at Tan-ta-ra $600

Priceless
Well then you need to publish your route Raffy...!
Then make sure to trail us and not leave us in the dust!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #15 of 18 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 6:03 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

post #16 of 18 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 11:43 pm
Super Moderator

I think I'm going to ride both ways, but there's a chance I may need to partake of you're trusty hauling services again. Pencil me in for now; I should be able to firm things up in the next couple of months.

For those of you who are considering this, I can highly recommend it. Raffy and crew are very careful and take great care of your stuff (that's my dark graphite one in the pics, he took it to Atlanta for me). Not to mention he's a HEAP cheaper than Federal and other options, and he's someone you know and trust! It don't get much better than that!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #17 of 18 Old Jan 5th, 2007, 5:09 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTaylor
I think I'm going to ride both ways, but there's a chance I may need to partake of you're trusty hauling services again. Pencil me in for now; I should be able to firm things up in the next couple of months.

For those of you who are considering this, I can highly recommend it. Raffy and crew are very careful and take great care of your stuff (that's my dark graphite one in the pics, he took it to Atlanta for me). Not to mention he's a HEAP cheaper than Federal and other options, and he's someone you know and trust! It don't get much better than that!
Maybe I can get him to come by New Braunfels, pick up my bike and haul it the 800 or so miles?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #18 of 18 Old Jan 5th, 2007, 11:19 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Maybe I can get him to come by New Braunfels, pick up my bike and haul it the 800 or so miles?
I'd be glad to ride it out for you, Grif. Just let me know how many miles you need to catch up to Joe, and I'll see what I can do.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in