BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Ride to Cambria - May 5th - 6th, 2007

11K views 114 replies 36 participants last post by  hazard 
#1 · (Edited)
The Spring Ride to Cambria is a GO! The hotel is locked in, the restaurant is getting ready for us, and I'm placing an early order for perfect weather for the weekend! Here are the details I have so far -

Lodging:

BlueBird Inn, 1880 Main St., Cambria, CA - http://www.bluebirdmotel.com/
For reservations call - 800-552-5434
Or book online - http://www.bluebirdmotel.com/reservationRequest.php

I've booked the entire hotel for our group for the night of May 5th, so when you contact them to make a reservation you must tell them you're with the David Taylor BMW Motorcycle Group. Room rates are as follows -
  • Standard 1 Queen - $88
  • Standard 1 King or 2 Doubles - $110
  • Standard 2 Queen - $120
  • Deluxe Creekside Room (Garden patio, fireplace, etc.), 1 King or 2 Queens - $160
  • Deluxe Suite; 2 room suite with balcony overlooking gardens and creek, fireplace, Living room with couch with pullout bed and bedroom with King - $180
The cut-off for making reservations is April 6th, after which any remaining rooms will be released for general booking. If you haven't booked rooms yet I would highly recommend that you do so sooner than later. They have a limited number of each room type so they could run out of what you want if you wait too long.

Dinner:

Dinner will be at Las Cambritas 6:30 p.m. Saturday night. It is a short walk from the hotel. We have the patio reserved for our group, and will be serving an all you can eat taco bar with Carne Asada, Chicken, corn and flour tortillas, rice, beans, and all the fixings that go along with that. Dinner will be $22 per person, which also includes soft drinks iced tea, tax, and tip. They also have a full bar (not included in the dinner price) if you want something with a bit more kick. :) I will be collecting the money for dinner either at the door or before we start service so please try to bring exact change.

After Dinner:

Last year a number of us went to the local watering hole after dinner for a few drinks and much frivolity. Sadly, after over 100 years in business in Cambria, Old Camozzi's Saloon has closed down and is no more. :( It's a sad (and slightly stupid) story which I can tell later if interested. But fear not, there is fun to be had! :thumb: Las Cambritas is making the patio available to us for the entire night until closing time (midnight or later) so we have a place to hang out, have a few drinks, visit, laugh, etc. As noted above, they have a full bar including 5-6 draught and about 18 bottled beers, at least 12 different tequilas (not to mention they make a KILLER margarita), and just about every other kinds of liquor you might want to partake of, if so inclined. ;) They will have wait staff available to our group so we can get drink service without having to run back and forth to the bar inside.

Breakfast Sunday Morning:

There are a few good options for breakfast in town. About 1/2 a block from the hotel is the Creekside Gardens Cafe and the Redwood Cafe, both of which serve great breakfasts at really reasonable prices. Also, about 2 miles away on Moonstone Beach Drive is the Moonstone Beach Bar and Grill, which has a large patio overlooking the ocean with great views, and serves a fantastic (although slight more expensive) breakfast/brunch. Nothing is planned at any location for the group; just want to let folks know about some options to get some good grub before hitting the road.

Other Things to do, Places to see:

Cambria is located on the Central California coast about 30 miles north of San Luis Obispo and 100 miles south of Monterey. It is also 8 miles from Hearst Castle, and is situated in the midst of the Central California wine growing region that extends from there over to the Paso Robles area. The town is very quaint and unique, with dozens of shops, art galleries, and restaurants to enjoy, as well as some of the most beautiful California coastline to take in. Here are some links on amenities and activities in the area -

Hearst Castle -
http://www.hearstcastle.com/

Wineries and Wine Tours -
http://totalescape.com/active/leisure/winery/coast.html
http://www.thewinewrangler.com/

Shops, Galleries, Restaurants, etc. -
http://www.cambria-online.com/
http://www.cambriachamber.org/index.php

See less See more
#3 ·
By the time this excursion rolls around I will be free of my remodeling obligations so...

me and the Mrs. are IN! :)

1. David Taylor
3. Bob and Barbara Bacon

See you guys there!

Cheers!

#5 ·
We are going!!!;)

1. David Taylor
3. Bob and Barbara Bacon
4. John F
6. Gilles and Kathy

#6 ·
We are going!!!;)

1. David Taylor
3. Bob and Barbara Bacon
4. John F
6. Gilles and Kathy
8. Bruce & Denise

#9 ·
1. David Taylor
3. Bob and Barbara Bacon
4. John F
6. Gilles and Kathy
8. Bruce & Denise
10. Hal & Edee
11. John R
13. Gino and Grace

#11 ·
Cambria May 5 - 6, 2007

1. David Taylor
3. Bob and Barbara Bacon
4. John F
6. Gilles and Kathy
8. Bruce & Denise
10. Hal & Edee
11. John R
13. Gino and Grace
14. Joe P a u l s e y
16. Doug and Janet

#14 ·
Cambria May 5 - 6, 2007

1. David Taylor
3. Bob and Barbara Bacon
4. John F
6. Gilles and Kathy
8. Bruce & Denise
10. Hal & Edee
11. John R
13. Gino and Grace
14. Joe P a u l s e y
16. Doug and Janet
18. Dan and Joellen
20. Bob and Jeanie

#16 ·
messenger13 said:
Nope. An animated video of Friday night at Château Élan. :D
Ohhh... I though this was the line for the elevator!!!:rotf:

#18 ·
Cambria May 5 - 6, 2007

1. David Taylor
3. Bob and Barbara Bacon
4. John F
6. Gilles and Kathy
8. Bruce & Denise
10. Hal & Edee
11. John R
13. Gino and Grace
14. Joe P a u l s e y
16. Doug and Janet
18. Dan and Joellen
20. Bob and Jeanie
21. JustBob
23. Mike and Mary Lou Harrold

#19 ·
Cambria May 5 - 6, 2007

1. David Taylor
3. Bob and Barbara Bacon
4. John F
6. Gilles and Kathy
8. Bruce & Denise
10. Hal & Edee
11. John R
13. Gino and Grace
14. Joe P a u l s e y
16. Doug and Janet
18. Dan and Joellen
20. Bob and Jeanie
21. JustBob
27. Carl, Dawn, Chris and Debra

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
Cambria May 5 - 6, 2007

1. David Taylor
3. Bob and Barbara Bacon
4. John F
6. Gilles and Kathy
8. Bruce & Denise
10. Hal & Edee
11. John R
13. Gino and Grace
14. Joe P a u l s e y
16. Doug and Janet
18. Dan and Joellen
20. Bob and Jeanie
21. JustBob
29. Ray and Gianna

Looks like I can actually make it!!!! Look forward to meeting everyone.

#21 ·
We continue to get good response to the ride. The Hotel called today with an update and told me that 13 of the 35 rooms we have in the block have been booked. They also mentioned that all of the standard 1 queen rooms are now full. The ride is still over 3 months away and we've filled over 1/3 of the hotel, not bad! I hope we fill it up again this year!

#22 ·
Cambria May 5 - 6, 2007

1. David Taylor
3. Bob and Barbara Bacon
4. John F
6. Gilles and Kathy
8. Bruce & Denise
10. Hal & Edee
11. John R
13. Gino and Grace
14. Joe P a u l s e y
16. Doug and Janet
18. Dan and Joellen
20. Bob and Jeanie
21. JustBob
29. Ray and Gianna
30. Nathan

Looks like I can actually make it!!!! Look forward to meeting everyone.

#23 ·
Just called to get a room for Friday and Saturday night, the place is now completely full for Friday night. I guess they have a bicycle club taking up most of the rooms on Friday.
There are still rooms available for Saturday night.

#24 ·
amarider said:
Just called to get a room for Friday and Saturday night, the place is now completely full for Friday night. I guess they have a bicycle club taking up most of the rooms on Friday.
There are still rooms available for Saturday night.
Yep, Friday night is booked with the bike racers, but they're all gone Saturday morning. Other than 1 room we have the entire place for Saturday night (assuming we book all the rooms by April 6).

#25 ·
I tried to stretch to a long weekend right off but found out it was booked with "bikers" on Friday from the outset. So, we going long into Monday but planning to overnight at the HIX on Cannery Row in Monterrey Sunday night. By the way, all the bi-cyclers are heading back to San Francisco on Saturday morning up Hwy 1.

#26 ·
cambria ride

will be coming up from san diego for the meet in cambria....new to the LT community and looking fwd to meeting everyone.....just made reservations....

will also post on the southwest link, looks like a few are meeting in camarillo to ride up from there together.......

steve c.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.