Congratulations to Tom Lashbrook - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Dec 4th, 2006, 7:24 pm Thread Starter

Congratulations to Tom Lashbrook

Congrats, Tom, on being chosen to be the Blue Knights CA VII "Ride Director" for 2007. We all know how much you love to ride, and the creative destinations you'll be able to contribute to the Chapter.

I, for one, can't wait for next year's riding season to begin!!!!

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Dec 4th, 2006, 7:53 pm

Good going Tom. You clearly have the respect of your fellow Blue Knights.
post #3 of 12 Old Dec 4th, 2006, 9:02 pm

Congrads Tom.....

post #4 of 12 Old Dec 5th, 2006, 12:38 am

A rider with true leadership qualities. An excellent choice. All the best, Tom!

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"
post #5 of 12 Old Dec 5th, 2006, 9:31 am

Congrats Tom,
So how many SS1000's are you going to get these guys to ride next year?

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else
post #6 of 12 Old Dec 5th, 2006, 9:38 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarider
Congrats Tom,
So how many SS1000's are you going to get these guys to ride next year?
when is are next one or lets get 5 or more to ride with us.

Tom you will be the veary good at this, CONGRATS !
post #7 of 12 Old Dec 5th, 2006, 10:13 am
Rider Journeyman

Congratulations Tom!!

They couldn't have made a finer choice, Tom.

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05

RCB AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
CCR: '04 Breckenridge CO, '05 Jackson Lake Lodge WY, '06 Chateau Elan GA, '08 Midway UT

post #8 of 12 Old Dec 5th, 2006, 11:03 am

Thanks for the kind words guys. Trying to keep 150+ members happy, who all have a wide variety of riding skills, styles, and expectations of what a ride should be, will be at least interesting.

I do want to try a few ideas that I don’t think the chapter has tried before. One being a dual-sport ride this June or July. I don’t know how many have dual sports, probably not many, but we’ll see how it goes. I’m thinking of doing the same ride many of us did last June – staring at The Corner’s, up Berryessa-Knoxville, thru Lake Co, and to the Maxwell Inn, via those county dirt roads up in Colusa Co.

A SaddleSore? Yup, I’m going to offer one, this August during the Blue Butt rally. I talked briefly with the ride director from the Nevada chapter last August. He agreed to sign the IBA paperwork for anyone riding an SS1K, even though his chapter probably won’t officially offer the 1K ride. I told him we’d still pay the entry fee to support his chapter. It will be completely in Nevada, so an IBA in-state Nevada pin can be earned as well.

One of our members (a past ride director) will be running an over-nighter to the eastern Sierras (Bishop probably) in early Sept. I already have his permission to run a mini-rally on the way up. Probably a poker run/rally -- answer a few questions on historical markers, show gas receipts, etc. Based on how many check points you make, you draw a card for a poker hand. You guys know how it works. I figure half the pot to charity. Capt. John, I was thinking for the “Ride 4 Kids” on behalf of the chapter.

If I can make any of these work, you all are welcome.

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

On the road to wreck, and ruin -— but making great time.
post #9 of 12 Old Dec 5th, 2006, 8:28 pm Thread Starter

Smile Thanks for your idea supporting the "Ride 4 Kids"

Tom:

Anything you can do to stimulate interest in the "Ride 4 Kids" will be very much appreciated by all concerned.

No doubt--You're going to do a GREAT job!

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

post #10 of 12 Old Dec 5th, 2006, 10:29 pm

Congradulations Tom...

big job... good luck... and have fun riding with pride
post #11 of 12 Old Dec 5th, 2006, 11:35 pm

Congrats

Tom, good luck in your newly elected position. Just remember " all you can do is all you can do" there will be those that will love what happens and those that don't. Any day on two wheels is better than wishing you were.

By the way, I was elected to be a director this comming year for AZI. I am in charge of committees and fundrasers. Got any ideas?

Rob Asay
99 Canyon Red Lt
"The True Red Dragon"
1982 Honda "Silver Wing"
1986 Gold Wing Interstate "Blue Babe"
1978 Gold Wing
1976 Kawasaki 900
1967 Honda 305 Scrambler
post #12 of 12 Old Dec 7th, 2006, 1:06 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by robasay
Tom, good luck in your newly elected position. Just remember " all you can do is all you can do" there will be those that will love what happens and those that don't. Any day on two wheels is better than wishing you were.

By the way, I was elected to be a director this comming year for AZI. I am in charge of committees and fundrasers. Got any ideas?
Thanks, Rob. You're right, you can't please everyone. I figure I'll put on rides that I want to do, and then invite everybody else. They are welcome to go, but if not, oh well. At least I'll enjoy the ride.

I’ve done only two fundraisers; one was a benefit poker run here in Napa Co., it was for the family of a Napa PD officer whose wife had been taken very ill. The other was a benefit Texas Hold ‘em tournament at Lake Tahoe during the West Coast Conference convention in ’04. That one benefited our Special Fund.

RWP!

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

On the road to wreck, and ruin -— but making great time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in