West Coast Rendezvous - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Nov 29th, 2006, 2:05 pm Thread Starter

Question West Coast Rendezvous

Don't know who's planning WCR for 2007 but this place was excellent although admittedly might be a little over the top. Superb location, great roads in all directions, and loads of eating alternatives just up the road in Stevenson besides the four star restaurant on site. The group manager was very open to future motorcycle events and provided us with very reasonable discounts for a great variety of outstanding accommodations. I'd never seen at 25 person jacuzzi before. Then I went inside the pool house and saw they had another one! Full Spa and Expresso bar on site. Quite nice.

http://www.bonnevilleresort.com/index.htm

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Nov 29th, 2006, 5:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyho
Don't know who's planning WCR for 2007 but this place was excellent although admittedly might be a little over the top. Superb location, great roads in all directions, and loads of eating alternatives just up the road in Stevenson besides the four star restaurant on site.
Gorgeous... June you say??? This place looks like it rocks... only... (sniff)... no place to carry me clubs... (sniff)...

Uncle Mark

BMW '06' 1200LT "Wild Blue"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMWMOA Member #127457
Honda CX500 Custom - RIP '00'

"An intelligence agency that FEARS intelligence? Historically, not awesome." . . . From what movie?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 Old Nov 29th, 2006, 5:44 pm Thread Starter

There's too many great roads, scenery, and National Parks in the area to spend any time on the links. Mt. Rainer, Mt. St. Helen, Mt. Hood, Astoria-Ft. Clatsop, Olympic Peninisula, Canada(?), the length of the Columbia River Gorge with all the water falls on the Oregon side, plus tons of small side roads that go hither and yon. You would need a long weekend.

Bob Morrow #4204

post #4 of 11 Old Nov 29th, 2006, 6:17 pm

Where do I sign up?

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy $hit...what a ride"-Mavis Leyrer
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Stienbeck
08 CanAm Spyder "Fast Truck"(Wifes')
08 Kawasaki KLR 650 "Lil Dirt Truck"
05 K1200Lt "Lt Truck"
05 Piaggio X9 Reveloution "Lil Truck"

97 International 4700 "Big Truck"

AMA Life Member
BMWMOA

post #5 of 11 Old Nov 29th, 2006, 6:45 pm

Thumbs up Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMark
Gorgeous... June you say??? This place looks like it rocks... only... (sniff)... no place to carry me clubs... (sniff)...
Can you ship them ahead of time???

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #6 of 11 Old Nov 30th, 2006, 7:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg
Can you ship them ahead of time???
Naw... I figure I can just bungee them to the top case... and then make damn sure I don't try and split lanes!

Someone say sign up??? Whose driving this train?

Uncle Mark

BMWMOA Member #127457

"An intelligence agency that FEARS intelligence? Historically, not awesome." . . . From what movie?

post #7 of 11 Old Dec 1st, 2006, 1:44 am Thread Starter

Mark,

WCR is usually held about the third weekend in June. Sponsorship rotates each year between the riders from the three respective west coast forums. It was announced they were looking for a sponsor for the 2007 WCR at the end of the final dinner this year. I am not sure who's turn it is but it might actually be NorCal so the Bonneville Resort would be a little out of our neighborhood. I am sure more information will be available after the first of year.

Actually, all one really needs for vacation play is a 7 iron and a putter.

I am currently working on SKR II for the weekend of April 27-29. No need to bring your clubs but you might want to bring your chips and your poker face!

Bob Morrow #4204
post #8 of 11 Old Dec 1st, 2006, 1:47 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyho
I am currently working on SKR II for the weekend of April 27-29. No need to bring your clubs but you might want to bring your chips and your poker face!
How about that... the calendar says it's an OPEN WEEKEND! woooot! OK... lemme know the details. As to poker face? Tia Vicki will tell you I have a scrolling banner on the forhead. Gives me away every stinkin' time! But I play anyway!

Let's do this...

Uncle Mark

BMWMOA Member #127457

post #9 of 11 Old Dec 1st, 2006, 3:53 pm

Location looks good to me !!

47+ Yrs Daily Motorcycle Street riding for Therapy

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour

2007 Black Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - Sold
2007 Red Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 - Sold
2005 LT Dark Graphite - (Sold)
2005 PearlBlue FJR1300 (Sold)
3 BMW's, 8 HD baggers, 3 Goldwings & 860K + miles later
*Ridin steady since 1973

post #10 of 11 Old Dec 2nd, 2006, 12:49 am Thread Starter

SKR: Sequoia Kings Canyon Roadtrip (II)

The first one was in the spring of 2005. Check the archives on the old site searching under SKR in the NorCal forum. The base hotel in Visalia has an excellent game room adjacent to the bar which is a perfect place for mingling and fun after dinner. Last time Billy Omaha brought his custom poker set and a lively game ensued both nights with at least ten players. Philbert40 served as house dealer. The room also has a large TV, darts, table shuffleboard, and a pool table. It's a 45 minute ride to the south entrance to Sequoia National Park.

As soon as the date is firm with the group discounts and game room use, I'll make an official posting.

Bob Morrow #4204
post #11 of 11 Old Dec 2nd, 2006, 11:02 am

Thumbs up

You are a good man Bob!!!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in