S.a.w.d.o.g. 11/1 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old Oct 29th, 2006, 8:53 pm Thread Starter

S.a.w.d.o.g. 11/1

Since we have a couple of requests for a central meeting place for H.D.D.C. and us, let me suggest a place I tried at Nelson's request for Italian food.

Carpaccio Ristorante
2741 Lone Tree Way
Antioch, CA 94509

http://www.eastcountylive.com/carpaccio/

I ate there with another local couple and the food was probably the best Italian I had had since visiting New York. It is really fresh and prepared when ordered only. We were in our riding togs and received a couple of odd looks (at least I thought it was because of the togs)but were seated none the less. If we get a good number of riders, I'll call ahead for reservations. One caviate, they close at 9:00 so we would have to plan a 7:00 dinner.

Cut and paste to add your name to the list:

2. Steve and Mia

Steve and Mia

'05 R1200RT
'05 R1150R

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old Oct 29th, 2006, 9:05 pm

Good choice Steve...Very good food I may just get a few bottles of wine thrown our way. Dont worry about closing time....

Nelson
99 K1200LT

Last edited by nelson61; Oct 29th, 2006 at 10:59 pm.
post #3 of 24 Old Oct 29th, 2006, 10:37 pm

Since we have a couple of requests for a central meeting place for H.D.D.C. and us, let me suggest a place I tried at Nelson's request for Italian food.

Carpaccio Ristorante
2741 Lone Tree Way
Antioch, CA 94509

I ate there with another local couple and the food was probably the best Italian I had had since visiting New York. It is really fresh and prepared when ordered only. We were in our riding togs and received a couple of odd looks (at least I thought it was because of the togs)but were seated none the less. If we get a good number of riders, I'll call ahead for reservations. One caviate, they close at 9:00 so we would have to plan a 7:00 dinner.

2. Steve and Mia
4. Nelson and Stephanie

Nelson
99 K1200LT

post #4 of 24 Old Oct 30th, 2006, 12:15 am

Carpaccio Ristorante
2741 Lone Tree Way
Antioch, CA 94509

2. Steve and Mia
4. Nelson and Stephanie
6. Capt John and Weezie

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

post #5 of 24 Old Oct 30th, 2006, 1:26 am

Carpaccio Ristorante
2741 Lone Tree Way
Antioch, CA 94509

2. Steve and Mia
4. Nelson and Stephanie
6. Capt John and Weezie
7. Dan (You guys are in my backyard, after all )

Daniel
SF Bay Area
'82 Suzuki GS1000SZ Katana
'01 Harley FXDWG2 "Lily"
'04 Ducati Multistrada "Annabella"

God made some cops perfect, the rest He put in cars.
post #6 of 24 Old Oct 30th, 2006, 3:34 pm

Arrow Lagrange Point

Carpaccio Ristorante
2741 Lone Tree Way
Antioch, CA 94509

2. Steve and Mia
4. Nelson and Stephanie
6. Capt John and Weezie
9. Bob and Jeanie

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"
post #7 of 24 Old Oct 31st, 2006, 8:50 pm

Unhappy SAWDOG Dinner

Don't know if I'll be able to make dinner, I've had a cold so I have to be a slight maybe at this time.
Larry
post #8 of 24 Old Nov 1st, 2006, 11:38 am

Unhappy

We need to bow out this week but we do appreciate the thought behind selecting a northern location now and again. It seems pretty clear the HDDC has no interest in co-mingling the two(or three if you count RCB) groups, even occasionally. But that's their purgative and I am sure a precipitator to the creation of SAWDOG in the first place.

Nelson, I hope to see you in SLT.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpaccio Ristorante
2741 Lone Tree Way
Antioch, CA 94509

2. Steve and Mia
4. Nelson and Stephanie
6. Capt John and Weezie

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"
post #9 of 24 Old Nov 1st, 2006, 12:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyho
We need to bow out this week but we do appreciate the thought behind selecting a northern location now and again. It seems pretty clear the HDDC has no interest in co-mingling the two(or three if you count RCB) groups, even occasionally. But that's their purgative and I am sure a precipitator to the creation of SAWDOG in the first place.

Nelson, I hope to see you in SLT.
WTF - Bob IMO your way Out of Line here and I'll leave it at that.

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else
post #10 of 24 Old Nov 1st, 2006, 12:31 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

HDDC is inclusive not exclusive.

Don't like what's being insinuated. We have invited RCB several times and have discussed it at our RCB breakfasts. I believe they have joined us once.

I have no issues with SAWDOG. I find SAWDOG as an equal to HDDC not competition.

Hope this clarifies things as I see it. Being I am one of the original Posse members (#3).

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #11 of 24 Old Nov 1st, 2006, 1:06 pm

Smile Sawdog 11/1

Hi All, Won't be able to make this one, shifter came loose again this morning, need to figure out temp. fix till new arrives in next three to four weeks.
Y'all have fun tonight, and jeez calm down about HDDC and SAWDOG, we're all the same! Just two different locations/areas. To coin a previously stated statement, "Not Exclusive but Inclusive" (Thanks Raffy) sums it up best !!!!!

Just Bob.
post #12 of 24 Old Nov 1st, 2006, 3:07 pm

Talking We are all BMW family!

Where's all this back and forth coming from? We're just a couple of dinner groups who enjoy other BMW riders' company once a week for dinner. Sometimes we head to the Sacramento area and other times, especially in the late Fall, Winter and early Spring we stay in the Hwy 680 corridor. Likewise, the Sacramento group likes to stay closer to home in the Winter months--Very Understandable! I'm both a dinner participant in HDDC & SAWDOG, and the only perceivable difference is geographical.

It's great when the Sacramento posse can make it down for one of our dinners, and I know they enjoy our company when we travel North.

Carpaccio Ristorante
2741 Lone Tree Way
Antioch, CA 94509

2. Steve and Mia
4. Nelson and Stephanie
6. Capt John and Weezie
8. Larry (?)

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

post #13 of 24 Old Nov 1st, 2006, 3:40 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfredriksson
Where's all this back and forth coming from? We're just a couple of dinner groups who enjoy other BMW riders' company once a week for dinner. Sometimes we head to the Sacramento area and other times, especially in the late Fall, Winter and early Spring we stay in the Hwy 680 corridor. Likewise, the Sacramento group likes to stay closer to home in the Winter months--Very Understandable! I'm both a dinner participant in HDDC & SAWDOG, and the only perceivable difference is geographical.

It's great when the Sacramento posse can make it down for one of our dinners, and I know they enjoy our company when we travel North.
I'm with you John. The reason Steve started the 2nd group was many times its just too damn far to ride on a Wednesday night and there was finally enough people in that area to make it work. I think that's great. It is fun to occasionally pick a spot were everyone can make it but as the days get shorter it's just not as feasible. I think certain people need to lighten up

Ted Shred Posse #5

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #14 of 24 Old Nov 1st, 2006, 5:32 pm

Ok boys ...group hug

Made reservations ..for 10-12 at 7:00
C-ya there.

ANYONE is welcome to show up.

Nelson
99 K1200LT

Last edited by nelson61; Nov 1st, 2006 at 5:43 pm.
post #15 of 24 Old Nov 1st, 2006, 5:58 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson61
Ok boys ...group hug

Made reservations ..for 10-12 at 7:00
C-ya there.

ANYONE is welcome to show up.

I would love to show up and I would if I wasn't the cripple of the week

I should have my skin graft surgery in 2-3 weeks and I hope to be back on the bike in time for DVDaze...

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #16 of 24 Old Nov 1st, 2006, 6:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhudson
I would love to show up and I would if I wasn't the cripple of the week

I should have my skin graft surgery in 2-3 weeks and I hope to be back on the bike in time for DVDaze...
Take your time Ted

Heal fast ,But more important...heal well !!
Still waiting to hear what really happened...or maybe I missed it.

Nelson
99 K1200LT
post #17 of 24 Old Nov 1st, 2006, 7:02 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Take your time Ted

Heal fast ,But more important...heal well !!
Still waiting to hear what really happened...or maybe I missed it.
Read the "Gross Pictures" thread. I post a couple of times in there and covered most of it....

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #18 of 24 Old Nov 1st, 2006, 7:06 pm Thread Starter

Need a ride?

Ted don't feel you have to stay home, I think just about anyone would drive up and pick you up.

I get off early enough on Wednesdays to come get you. Mia does not get off until later so I have some time to kill and would welcome to chance to shuttle you around if need be.

Steve and Mia

'05 R1200RT
'05 R1150R

post #19 of 24 Old Nov 1st, 2006, 7:18 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandM
Ted don't feel you have to stay home, I think just about anyone would drive up and pick you up.

I get off early enough on Wednesdays to come get you. Mia does not get off until later so I have some time to kill and would welcome to chance to shuttle you around if need be.
Thanks Steve. Scott's got me covered tonight. I'll be sure to call you though if I'm in need. I might even try driving my self later this week. Now that I have the wound vac I'm a little more mobile...

I think I'll go sit at my desk for a hour just for a change in scenery

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #20 of 24 Old Nov 1st, 2006, 7:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhudson
Read the "Gross Pictures" thread. I post a couple of times in there and covered most of it....
Damn thats strange...I always read and never look at the pics.

Nelson
99 K1200LT
post #21 of 24 Old Nov 1st, 2006, 7:23 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Damn thats strange...I always read and never look at the pics.
Well I added the story a few days after I posted the pictures. You'll have to read the whole thread. Feel free to ask questions, I got nothin but time here...

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #22 of 24 Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 8:27 pm

Stephanie and I had a great time last night ...great company and food. Hope everyone had the same.

Bob hope the inlaws are all checked in ...I will catch ya in SLT

Nelson
99 K1200LT
post #23 of 24 Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 9:11 pm

Smile Great Dinner with Great Friends!

I don't know what happened to my last posting but here it is, again. Thanks to Steve for setting up the dinner and to Nelson for his recommendation and for making the reservations. Weezie & I had a wonderful respite from the NutriSystem regimentation. The food was EXCELLENT, the service was ATTENTIVE and the atmosphere HOMEY!

Nelson, Weezie really enjoyed meeting Stephanie and visiting with her, and I enjoyed getting to know her a little better. I don't know how Weezie & I didn't cross paths with you both at the Jackson CCR. I hope you're both able to make more of these Wednesday night get togethers.

Dan, I'm glad you were able to make this dinner, and work aside, I hope you'll be able to make many more. By the way, one of my Blue Knights' buddies showed interest in your bike, when I emailed him about it, today. You'll have a chance to talk to Joe at the Chapter Holiday Party on December 3rd.

Steve & Mia, as always, we really enjoyed your company. Let's make the next dinner closer to you, Nelson and Bob "Ten Beers". I'm glad you took the time to start SAWDOG, and each week has been a new culinary adventure. Hopefully, Bob & Terri, Larry & Eileen and Jim & Babs will be able to join us next time. They really missed a fabulous dinner last night.

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

post #24 of 24 Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 9:29 pm

We have some nice dinners coming up stay tuned.

Nelson
99 K1200LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in