Ride on Sunday - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Oct 26th, 2006, 8:51 am Thread Starter

Ride on Sunday

Hey all, I'm brand new to the site, so don't know the protocol, but am looking to go ridding on Sunday, maybe up to the mountains a last time before weather gets to bad, but I'd be up for another idea too. Leaving from Roseville/Sacramento area. I like to leave fairly early to get a good days ride in. Anybody interested?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Oct 26th, 2006, 9:46 am

Rick,
Welcome
I'm assuming it's Rick from your Logon Name. Please fill out at least a little in your profile and add a signature line so we now who were talking with so to speak.

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else
post #3 of 12 Old Oct 26th, 2006, 7:38 pm
Rider Journeyman

Since you're posting "anonomously", I hope you're not serial killer or something. After you fill out your profile, stop by A&S around 9AM on Saturday and introduce yourself.

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCB AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
CCR: '04 Breckenridge CO, '05 Jackson Lake Lodge WY, '06 Chateau Elan GA, '08 Midway UT

post #4 of 12 Old Oct 26th, 2006, 9:32 pm Thread Starter

Darn, no Serial Killers Allowed?

Guess this group won't be nearly as much fun as I thought. Next ya'll will be tellin' me I won't be welcome if I show up on a Harley! Nah, wouldn't do that, may be a serial killer, but got to have some sense of morals.

Sorry I wasn't clear about your protocols. I thought I did fill out something when I first found this site a couple of months ago ago, but either I pushed a wrong button, or it got deleted sometime when I didn't use it. I only use computers, don't understand them a bit.

Sorry I'm also not very good with cute handles, have enough trouble remembering my real name. Anyway, I've put as much on my profile as I see others have. Tax returns and credit reports available on request, may take a day or two to get my life history and references up to date, heard the pope is on vacation this week.

So ... Anybody up for a ride on Sunday?
post #5 of 12 Old Oct 26th, 2006, 11:07 pm
Rider Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickbrowngsts
Guess this group won't be nearly as much fun as I thought. Next ya'll will be tellin' me I won't be welcome if I show up on a Harley! Nah, wouldn't do that, may be a serial killer, but got to have some sense of morals.
A Harley! My God, man....

Quote:
Sorry I wasn't clear about your protocols. I thought I did fill out something when I first found this site a couple of months ago ago, but either I pushed a wrong button, or it got deleted sometime when I didn't use it. I only use computers, don't understand them a bit.
Not a problem, everyone is welcome.....except serial killers...my kids attend some of our Posse dinners.

Quote:
Sorry I'm also not very good with cute handles, have enough trouble remembering my real name. Anyway, I've put as much on my profile as I see others have. Tax returns and credit reports available on request, may take a day or two to get my life history and references up to date, heard the pope is on vacation this week.
Hmmm....Pope wasn't capitalized....you and the new guy that close?

Quote:
So ... Anybody up for a ride on Sunday?
Nancy and I might be up for a ride. Do you ride two-up? What kind of riding do you like....lot's of twisties....slabs.....easy riding....cranked up riding....other? I'll probably stop by A&S on Saturday around 9-9:30AM. If you have a chance to stop by it would be great. I'm pretty easy to recognize....6'4 about 260# riding a K-R.

Bill "Omaha"

CCR: '04 Breckenridge CO, '05 Jackson Lake Lodge WY, '06 Chateau Elan GA, '08 Midway UT

post #6 of 12 Old Oct 26th, 2006, 11:28 pm

I need to pick up my GS on Sat. morn. and drop off my LT. I would be up for a ride. Been workin' too hard. Need some seat time. Hard, miserable and hideous stock seat time.

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub

post #7 of 12 Old Oct 26th, 2006, 11:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyOmaha
Not a problem, everyone is welcome.....except serial killers...my kids attend some of our Posse dinners.
Billy, no worries, he only kills on weekends. But an accountant!

I work weekends right now, so I'm a no go. But welcome, Rick.

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

On the road to wreck, and ruin - but making great time.
post #8 of 12 Old Oct 27th, 2006, 1:14 am
IBR# 366

Garage
I thought it meant that he only kills at breakfast . . .

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #9 of 12 Old Oct 27th, 2006, 9:00 am Thread Starter

Now we're gettin' somewhere

He says while rubbing his hands together gleefully. Thanks for the grammar checks; did I spell cereal wrong? Sorry about that.

In answer to riding style I'm pretty conservative these days. I had my peg scrapping days in my 20's when I rode a Honda Super Sport. Now I'll open it up just a wee bit if traffic's light, the road is good, and the mood suites. But I won't scare anybody, and can probably keep up if you want to go faster. Of course, like any ridder, I'll ride a hundred miles out of the way to take the twisties rather than a freeway. Right now I'm ridding single, but that's subject to change.

Seems like A&S is where people meet. Up to me, I'm usually ready to roll by about 7 in the morning, but understanding the sensibilities of others about that hour on a Sunday morning, 9:00 seems like a common time for group rides. I did the Southern Sierra passes last weekend. I'm thinking north on Sunday, Lake Almanor, maybe Mt Lassen, but I'm not that particular, I just want to ride, hope ya'll do too.
post #10 of 12 Old Oct 27th, 2006, 9:36 am

Hi Again Rick,
We do like to ride, if you read through the NorCal threads you'll see we ride every Wednesday night (the HDDC Threads) - dinner rides. We also have a lot last minute rides on the weekends along with planned events such as Death Valley Daze coming up in January.
As for "Group Rides", we'd rather ride with a Serial Killer. Basically everyone rides their own ride, we start as a group and usually end up at the same place. But we try and stay as far away as we can from the group ride mentality. See Ya soon.

Billy and Roger,

I'll see ya at A&S on Saturday morning, I should make the RCB breakfast before hand also if anyone can get up that early.
Probably go for a ride on Saturday fro A&S, Sundays this time of year are for Football!

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else
post #11 of 12 Old Oct 27th, 2006, 2:56 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the post John

Good to know a little more about the type of riding you like to do. I've ridden a lot alone, sometimes with just one or two friends, and also a lot with groups. I enjoy all ways, and wouldn't want to do exclusively just any one way. Sorry that you've had bad luck with groups. I know I've ridden times with groups that were a little too organized (or unorganized), or slow, or dominated by one or two members. Didn't stay with those groups for long, but there are other times I've riden with a group and had a blast. Last Sunday I was 500 miles by myself and had a great time. This weekend I had a hankerin' for some company, and I've been trying to see if I can find some LT riders to go with, so I took a chance and put up the post instead of calling some friends who ride other sorts of bikes.

Don't think I'll be at the RCB meeting tomorrow morning, but I may stop by A&S a little later. I've got a grey LT with a sheepskin seat cover (at least until I can get something other than that stock seat). If I don't make it tomorrow, I'll show up Sunday morning anyway, just to see if anybody else is interested.
post #12 of 12 Old Oct 28th, 2006, 11:48 pm
Rider Journeyman

Howdy Rick and anybody else that may be interested. Nancy and I are heading out to Genoa for lunch on Sunday. We'll go out Immigrant Trail and via 88. I'm hoping there are still some Fall colors. Probably come back via Kingsberry, but return is flexible.

Should be an easy 250 mile loop.

Meet at A&S gassed up and ready to go. Depart at 9AM

Remember we "Fall back" tonight and gain a hour.

Bill "Omaha"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in