What a difference a week makes. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old May 16th, 2006, 8:43 am Thread Starter

What a difference a week makes.

What a difference a week makes.

Last week I rode to Wenatchee, WA. I took Highway 2 over Stevens Pass. I never passed a vehicle and not a single vehicle passed me. I swear it was like all heaven on earth. I saw one police car. (Going the other way)

Yesterday I did the North Cascades Loop. Let me warn you, every law enforcement branch known to roll was out there and fully employed.

It was a great day however to just enjoy the scenery. ~;-)

Be careful out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old May 16th, 2006, 10:32 am

Smile

Coni,

How clean were the roads over Washington Pass?
I wish I had knew that you were going yesterday, I had taken the day off and rode back roads up to the ice caves.

Glad to here you had such a great day. Sound like the bike is running great since our tech session. Look forward to riding season and hope to get together soon, have a great week.

Clayton.
post #3 of 3 Old May 16th, 2006, 11:07 am Thread Starter

Clayton,

The roads were spotless. No rocks or anything. I have been there too early and had big rocks on the road, but this time it was very clean. There was lots of really great new water falls that I have not seen before. Because of our huge snowpack this year, I would say they have doubled in numbers. As you ride along you will notice that in some places the asphalt had huge gouges in it. Those areas are prone to rock slides. I kept looking up as I went by.

Once I got to Winthrop I stopped at the National Park Ranger Station to purchase my yearly pass. As I was donning my helmet a deer was dancing 20 yards from my bike. I saw a sign on my way ino town, that 199 deer had been killed so far this year by vehicles...399 is the average for 12 months. I had 5 more deer show up but no close calls and I did see just one dead deer off the road. So once again, my deer whistles worked.

Have fun, it is a great ride.

Today I am going to Yakima, WA. I need to practice riding in really HOT weather.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in