Portland Tech Day 3-10-13 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 8:29 pm Thread Starter
Sit

Portland Tech Day 3-10-13

So for right now, it looks like Ernie has been gracious enough to say he can help out with what will hopefully be a valve check only, and not adjust, on my 05 LT. I am also hoping to get a brake flush in during the process. So let's have a tech day. Anyone else interested in seeing how these things are done, one someone else's bike and not there own? Come on over!!

While my bike has been "down" waiting for its seats to come back from California, I have been going through it and doing some maintenance items. So far I have done the radiator flush, clutch flush, added oil to the shock adjuster, and put on new front brake pads. All that is left for now is are the valves and brake flush. Then of course there is the putting it all back together when the seats get here to see if she actually runs, stops etc. But that's a worry for later.

If you are interested in attending, watching, critiquing or just want to hang out, PM me or email me and I will let you know the address and times.

Brian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 K1200LT-Ocean Blue
1989 K100RS - Blue & White
1992 K75S - Black
2013 Ural Patrol - Sold
2007 R1200GS-Granite Gray-Sold
2004 R1150R-Titan Silver-Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Mar 10th, 2013, 11:02 pm Thread Starter
Sit

Re: Portland Tech Day 3-10-13

Great tech day. You should have been there. Checked the valves and found a few out of spec so into the valve train we went. Got the valve clearances figured, fixed and everything put back together and everything checked out in the sweet spot. Buttoned everything back up, threw in some new plugs, hit the button and the bike just purred sweet music. Moved onto to the brake bleed and got that done in short order. Good thing too, brake fluid didn't look too good. Pretty now though.

So bike just need to have its tupperware put back on and for its new seats for arrive from Rick Mayer and it will be ready for the season. Yee Haw!!!

And a huge thank you to Ernie A. He brought his knowledge, patience and bucket of bucket and walked me through it all. THANK YOU!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 K1200LT-Ocean Blue
1989 K100RS - Blue & White
1992 K75S - Black
2013 Ural Patrol - Sold
2007 R1200GS-Granite Gray-Sold
2004 R1150R-Titan Silver-Sold
post #3 of 3 Old Mar 11th, 2013, 12:38 am
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Portland Tech Day 3-10-13

I had a good time Brian, enjoyed meeting some new guys and above all watching you do the work. Good job! A big thanks to John Z for his video and on the phone tip-n-tricks for flushing the '05 brake system that was a new a new procedure for me as well. Thanks for the opportunity to help.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (Coming soon!)
2013 R1200GSW
> 26k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles and counting!
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in