No-Mar anyone? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old May 11th, 2012, 5:38 pm Thread Starter

No-Mar anyone?

While I'm waiting for the new seals for my centerstand I was wondering if anybody in the greater Seattle area has a No-Mar that might be available between now and Sunday afternoon? Need to get a new skin on the front wheel, and don't feel like busting my knuckles or poppin a hernia.............

PM or cell (206-334-1614) would be good

Pat

Patterson/USAF1....'05 LT
and the little guy behind me is the world famous "Marty Hill"
Never look into a lazer with the remaining eye
363K on BMW's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old May 11th, 2012, 6:53 pm

Re: No-Mar anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATTERSON
While I'm waiting for the new seals for my centerstand I was wondering if anybody in the greater Seattle area has a No-Mar that might be available between now and Sunday afternoon? Need to get a new skin on the front wheel, and don't feel like busting my knuckles or poppin a hernia.............

PM or cell (206-334-1614) would be good

Pat
I have one, only a bit far from you. You could make it by Sunday afternoon if you try.

Garry

Follow my South America ride at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IBAID 26718
BMWMOA 117552
2011 K1600GTL RECEIVED April 30th, 2011 @ 1:30 pm
2012 RED KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old May 12th, 2012, 12:55 am
IBR# 366

Garage

There's also one in Portland, which is a bit closer . . .

If you don't find anything convenient, I've had good luck getting tires swapped out at Cycle Gear. And any multi-brand dealer can swap them as well, Front wheels are easy, but some shops don't have the capability to balance the rear wheel.

I'd call a few local shops and compare costs.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

post #4 of 5 Old May 12th, 2012, 9:47 am Thread Starter

Garry

Oh man.....what a ride that'd be , eh?
Do you suppose you could load it up and meet me at the half-way mark.....say, just north of Glacier Park? That way we could both share in the experience of a great ride.

Hey Meese

Cycle Gear wants $40 per tire if you didn't buy it from them. Portland wouldn't be too bad, 'cepit I wanted to replace the left fork seal while doing all this.............oh well, busted knuckles it'll be.

Thanks anyway you guys.

Pat

Patterson/USAF1....'05 LT
and the little guy behind me is the world famous "Marty Hill"
Never look into a lazer with the remaining eye
363K on BMW's
post #5 of 5 Old May 27th, 2012, 10:55 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATTERSON
Garry

Oh man.....what a ride that'd be , eh?
Do you suppose you could load it up and meet me at the half-way mark.....say, just north of Glacier Park? That way we could both share in the experience of a great ride.

Hey Meese

Cycle Gear wants $40 per tire if you didn't buy it from them. Portland wouldn't be too bad, 'cepit I wanted to replace the left fork seal while doing all this.............oh well, busted knuckles it'll be.

Thanks anyway you guys.

Pat
If you want to come down here and do the work in the shop I can let you use the No-Mar and show you how to change the fork seal too. Did you get the seals for the centerstand? I still have sets here if you need them. I'm rebuilding another this week and will order more motors too. The motors are in a large part the problem with weak lifting capabilities. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (Coming soon!)
2013 R1200GSW
> 26k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles and counting!
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in