Portland MC information. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Mar 14th, 2006, 1:41 pm Thread Starter

Portland MC information.

There is some good information here and a survey that may help Portland MC riders in the future. I copied this from an email that a friend sent me and there is information in here that I really didn't know. If you have time to do the survey it may be useful in the future. I did put my address but not the final survey piece...income. That did not cause a problem and so you could probably leave off your address as well if you like. art.

Over the last year, the SFRC has been working with the City of Portland as well as local riders Courtney Olive and Heather Knight, on improving the "state of riding" within the city. We're happy to present the first fruit of our efforts! Please closely review the information release below, paying special attention to the rider survey (link included). It's very important that the city see a good turnout for this online survey, so please take a few minutes to complete the form, then forward the link to other riders!
There is more stuff in the works.

Again, details below.

Remember the Motorcycle/Scooter community forum with City Commissioner Sam Adams that took place in March of 2005?
Well, City government is taking some significant first steps in response to concerns raised at that forum and is reaching out to the local Motorcycle/Scooter community.

Specifically, the City of Portland has today launched a website entitled "Resources For Using a Motorcycle/Scooter in Portland". In conjunction with the website, the City is conducting an online survey of motorcycle/scooter owners and riders; the survey will be open until 7/28/06. First, some info about the website:

I. The site will be incorporated within the Portland Office of Transportationís main site; the address is:

http://www.portlandonline.com/transp...ex.cfm?c=40219

II. Highlights of the site

1. A detailed FAQ section.

Through these FAQs the City addresses parking-related questions; remember how many of those came up during the Motorcycle/Scooter community forum? For instance, YES it is legal for motorcycles/scooters to share a space with each other or with a car, as long as all vehicles have properly paid. The FAQs also cover such things as licensing requirements, safety tips, rider resources, and information on why Portland cares about the Motorcycle/Scooter community.

2. An interactive map of the Cityís dedicated motorcycle/scooter parking locations, as well as a spreadsheet list of the locations. More spaces are popping up all the time!

3. Information on SmartPark resources for motorcycles/scooters. For instance, did you know it costs just $30 for monthly parking of a motorcycle/scooter in any SmartPark facility?

4. A link to the survey (discussed in detail below).

III. Please note that the site is a work in progress. Various improvements (such as to the map of parking spaces) are already planned, and the Office of Transportation is happy to take your questions, comments, or suggestions about adding info to the website or changing what is already there. Simply email the Office of Transportation at: [email protected].

Now, some info about the survey, located at: http://www.zoomerang.com/recipient/survey-intro.zgi?p=WEB224S6YFK8PE

I. Through this survey, the city hopes to gather information to better serve the local motorcycle/scooter community.

II. The survey is an opportunity for members of the motorcycle/scooter community to let the City know how significant our community is, and to help City officials better incorporate motorcycles and scooters into Portlandís overall transportation plan. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey and encourage fellow riders to as well - we want the City to have data that motivates them to work with us!

III. As with any survey, the more precise the information the more useful the results will be - so please answer accurately. Also, the City will monitor survey submissions so be sure to submit only one survey per person!

IV. The survey will be open only until Friday, July 28, 2006, so be sure to fill it out before then!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Mar 14th, 2006, 4:24 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Where do we check to make lane splitting legal?

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 5 Old Mar 14th, 2006, 7:13 pm Thread Starter

Actually that was part of the survey. I put yes I'd use it because Ken says it is "way cool".

post #4 of 5 Old Mar 14th, 2006, 8:19 pm

I added my input minus the address and it went thru just fine

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #5 of 5 Old Mar 15th, 2006, 9:04 am

Cool

Tks for the link Art! I just took it and it took maybe five minutes of my time. Well worth it if it can help out us Bikers! And I think the more response they get the more impact it may have, so I would encourage even you non Pac NW members to chime in for our sake. It does specifically ask about lane splitting, so maybe we could have more than one state in the country allow it if they see a good response. Ken would be really confused then! Might think he was still in Cal!
Nah! On second thought, the rain would remind him of where he was!

On the road without my LT,
John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in