Fort Bragg Ride - October 8 - 9 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Sep 10th, 2011, 11:40 pm Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Fort Bragg Ride - October 8 - 9

Arrangements are made and you can start booking rooms. Click the link below for all the details. Hope to see you there!

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63739

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by DavidTaylor; Oct 9th, 2011 at 9:46 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Sep 11th, 2011, 7:15 pm

Re: Fort Bragg Ride - October 8 - 9

Who from the NW is in. Remember how much fun WCR used to be? This is kinda like that. Fantastic riding,People, and of course the brewery....
P.S. Thanks Dave for inviting us AGAIN

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #3 of 14 Old Sep 12th, 2011, 9:17 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
Who from the NW is in. Remember how much fun WCR used to be? This is kinda like that. Fantastic riding,People, and of course the brewery....
P.S. Thanks Dave for inviting us AGAIN
Funny I heard a rumor that there may be a WCR in the works for 2012.......

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else

post #4 of 14 Old Sep 12th, 2011, 10:14 am
Lifetime Supporter

We will not be able to make it this time David. We have a close friend who is being installed as the "Prime Minister" of Portland's official greeting organization, The Royal Rosarians. He asked us a year ago to be at this event. We are both bummed we can't be at both events! We will be at the Cambria event if you put that together. That is usually the week before Memorial Day Weekend as I recall.

Brian! Give me a call sometime. WCR is a bit more than a rumor for 2012. It might be a June event somewhere near the border of OR and CA near a large body of water.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (Coming soon!)
2013 R1200GSW
> 26k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles and counting!
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #5 of 14 Old Sep 12th, 2011, 8:25 pm

Brian! Give me a call sometime. WCR is a bit more than a rumor for 2012. It might be a June event somewhere near the border of OR and CA near a large body of water.

What the elevation of such said body of water? I am thinking anywhere from Sea level (Duh) to almost 7k

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #6 of 14 Old Sep 13th, 2011, 12:12 am

Talking Re: Fort Bragg Ride - October 8 - 9

Brian, I am pretty sure it is much closer to sea level. Like, at sea level! But I am sure one of the real planners will chime in here soon.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
--(Snip)--
What the elevation of such said body of water? I am thinking anywhere from Sea level (Duh) to almost 7k

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #7 of 14 Old Sep 13th, 2011, 1:24 am Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieA
We will not be able to make it this time David. We have a close friend who is being installed as the "Prime Minister" of Portland's official greeting organization, The Royal Rosarians. He asked us a year ago to be at this event. We are both bummed we can't be at both events! We will be at the Cambria event if you put that together. That is usually the week before Memorial Day Weekend as I recall.

Yep, I shoot for Mid May for Cambria. Look forward to seeing you there, and it was great to visit at CCR!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

post #8 of 14 Old Sep 19th, 2011, 8:03 pm Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Just a reminder that there's less than 2 weeks to book your rooms for the Fort Bragg ride. Hope to see you there!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

post #9 of 14 Old Sep 21st, 2011, 8:18 am

Thanks David for arranging this great event again this year, Brian(Sanjuan2) and myself will make the trip down from the Seattle area, really looking forward to seeing everyone and oh! not to mention those great Northern Cal roads. Us Norwetters are praying for dry and sunny weather, have a wonderful week.

Clayton
2003 K1200LTE 128k miles and counting
1999 GL1500A
2009 R1200GSA
post #10 of 14 Old Sep 21st, 2011, 10:15 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTaylor
Yep, I shoot for Mid May for Cambria. Look forward to seeing you there, and it was great to visit at CCR!
I'm going to put in a reminder for the mid May weekends just so I don't double book. I love that part of the CA coastline for riding and relaxation. CCR was so much fun! Thanks for making it a great one David.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (Coming soon!)
2013 R1200GSW
> 26k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles and counting!
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #11 of 14 Old Sep 21st, 2011, 8:48 pm Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton
Thanks David for arranging this great event again this year, Brian(Sanjuan2) and myself will make the trip down from the Seattle area, really looking forward to seeing everyone and oh! not to mention those great Northern Cal roads. Us Norwetters are praying for dry and sunny weather, have a wonderful week.
Great! I I'll make sure you're on the list!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

post #12 of 14 Old Sep 27th, 2011, 12:38 am Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Just a reminder - only 4 days left to book a room for Fort Bragg. The cut-off is Friday night.

Hope you can make it!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

post #13 of 14 Old Sep 30th, 2011, 12:24 am Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the cut-off for rooms for the Fort Bragg Ride. It's now or never!! [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

post #14 of 14 Old Oct 1st, 2011, 12:11 pm Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Next weekend is the ride to Fort Bragg, Yay!! Gilles and Kathy will be riding up to San Jose from the LA area Friday, and as has become tradition we’ll meet up for dinner and a beer at The Duke of Edinburgh Friday evening around 6 or so. Everyone is welcome whether you're going on the ride or not.

http://www.theduke.com/

For those leaving from the San Jose area Saturday morning, we’ll meet at San Jose BMW (1886 West San Carlos Ave) at 9 and leave there at 9:30 to head north to Tony’s for lunch. After lunch it’s the standard “do your own thing” kind of ride up to Fort Bragg. Folks leaving from other areas can converge on Tony's or just meet us in Fort Bragg that evening, but if anyone wants to meet up with those of us coming from San Jose let me know and we can pick a meeting place and time.

Dinner will be at the North Coast Brewing Co. Tap Room at 6:30. Food, beer, tall tales and bad jokes will round out the evening. Long term weather projections show a sunny and comfortably cool weekend for the ride, so keep the positive energy flowing for that (versus the cold hurricane we rode through last year).

That’s about it for now. See you all next weekend!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in