update on coast to coast - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Jun 27th, 2011, 9:22 pm Thread Starter

update on coast to coast

Hey guys
I thought I would take advantage of the wifi. Im staying at the Square Dance Center and Campground that Alex recommended. Actually I forgot about it until I saw it on my way into Lolo Montana. Today was a lot of twisties, that is for sure. I put another 353 miles behind me. Its 8:00 pm and still about 80 degrees here but it looks as though there may be rain for me the next couple of days. I'm heading south on 93 to Idaho Falls and then up to the Tetons and Yellowstone. There is a couple of east coast guys in the site beside me that just came thru Yellowstone. They said they had to get the hell out of there because it was 20 degrees at night and they didn't have good bags to sleep in. UGH!

Today was great with super weather. I was most of the way to 12 on this narrow, windy but beautiful road when I came to a flagman. There was a sign that said - yes, construction ahead, loose3 gravel, motorcycles use great caution. I had nowhere to turn around so I regretfully trudged on. Fortunately it was fine and I made it thru. When I stopped for a light snack lunch, I bottomed out real bad and dented my muffler. I also found I partially ripped the kickstand foot enlarger off so I stopped as soon as I could because it dragged every time I went into a bend. I took off the trailer, got her up on the center stand and dug out my tools. That's when I found out I didn't have that size allen wrench. Luckily I was able to hammer it back into position. Thats about all with incidents today!

I saw lots of deer and some elk but they were far from the road and didn't pose any trouble.

I'm going to get a good nights sleep so I can head out all the way south to where I was so I can head to the Tetons from the south. The roads today were simply amazing! It reminds me of the things we miss by not venturing out on our own!

Like I was told - "Its not the destination but the Journey."

Dear God please give me a goods rest and ride with me tomorrow so I have a safe trip. Amen

Larry
lkniess's Travels

Larry Kniess
Beaverton, Oregon
BMOA #161285
2001 Honda 750 Nighthawk - SOLD
2001 BMW K1200LT - SOLD
2003 BMW K1200LT - SOLD
2007 UNI-GO trailer - SOLD
2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited
2011 Aspen Sentry Camper
2009 Suzuki 650DL-ABS V-Strom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Jun 28th, 2011, 12:13 am

Smile Re: update on coast to coast

Sounds like you're enjoying the ride Larry, and that is what it's all about!

Ride Safe!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in