Do I even ask? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Jan 21st, 2011, 12:44 am Thread Starter

Do I even ask?

So far the weather report for the weekend is calling for no rain or ice. Anybody venturing out for a ride? We have not been doing to well here in the NW getting a ride plan together that actually ends with a ride. I will be going somewhere. What say you?

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Jan 21st, 2011, 1:46 am
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Do I even ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
So far the weather report for the weekend is calling for no rain or ice. Anybody venturing out for a ride? We have not been doing to well here in the NW getting a ride plan together that actually ends with a ride. I will be going somewhere. What say you?
Oh Dad! Do we have to?

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (Coming soon!)
2013 R1200GSW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
> 26k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles and counting!
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 Old Jan 21st, 2011, 1:02 pm

Smile Re: Do I even ask?

Oh Man do I wish I could with any of my MC's!
We are still under cover in bitter cold & ice on the east side - ONLY watching MC movies and hoping for next month to ride !!!!!

47+ Yrs Daily Motorcycle Street riding for Therapy

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour

2007 Black Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - Sold
2007 Red Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 - Sold
2005 LT Dark Graphite - (Sold)
2005 PearlBlue FJR1300 (Sold)
3 BMW's, 8 HD baggers, 3 Goldwings & 860K + miles later
*Ridin steady since 1973

post #4 of 14 Old Jan 21st, 2011, 9:08 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Do I even ask? (Saturday)

Well??? Gee Brian we are having to make a trip to Gerbing again. I've out-shrunk my new(er) XL jacket liner (that I bought in late 2009) and will get a new LG or maybe Med size. Pauline wants a new microwire liner too so we thought we'd go up tomorrow morning and see what they have. We could meet up and take a ride from there? We haven't narrowed down a time yet. I think the weather is going to be dry and cold. that is better than cold and wet any day!

What are your plans?

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
2013 R1200GSW
> 26k miles!

post #5 of 14 Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 2:12 am Thread Starter

Hey Ernie, I did not get to talk to Clayton till just now. He had researched all kinds of new roads up here in the north. I did not have the heart to tell him we were riding south to try and meet up with you. Good luck with the riding gear, Lets get together real soon for lunch somewhere! Enjoy your ride.

Brian Ley
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
BMWOA 119892
post #6 of 14 Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 11:40 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
Hey Ernie, I did not get to talk to Clayton till just now. He had researched all kinds of new roads up here in the north. I did not have the heart to tell him we were riding south to try and meet up with you. Good luck with the riding gear, Lets get together real soon for lunch somewhere! Enjoy your ride.
That's cool. We might end up at South Sound BMW for a look-see and some Motolights for the Suzuki perhaps. Have fun!

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
2013 R1200GSW
> 26k miles!

post #7 of 14 Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 8:53 pm Thread Starter

Ernie,
Sorry we didn't meet up. I did find my second benefit to moving so far north though. We found some great roads. I am liking the roads up here better than down south. More good roads and less people on them.Thanks again for the ride Clayton.
Whats the difference between a 5 mph chicken and a 30 mph 500 pound bear? There is less urgency dodging the chicken, And only the chicken gets Clayton's attention.

Brian Ley
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
BMWOA 119892
post #8 of 14 Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 9:04 pm

Everyone is familiar with why did the chicken cross the road? Perhaps to play chicken with a BMW GT

Clayton
2003 K1200LTE 128k miles and counting
1999 GL1500A
2009 R1200GSA
post #9 of 14 Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 9:15 pm

Brian, Thanks for the company and a great ride today. Guys let me tell ya the roads north of Lake Stevens are fabulous, Brian and I traveled some great roads east of I-5 as far north as Mt Vernon, then croseed over to west side for a much needed lunch stop in Conway, then traveled north up Chuckanut drive to Bellingham , wow what a great road, then we worked our way home down the east side of I-5. Someday all you southern guys need to come up to see just what your missing. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Clayton
2003 K1200LTE 128k miles and counting
1999 GL1500A
2009 R1200GSA
post #10 of 14 Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 10:31 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton
Brian, Thanks for the company and a great ride today. Guys let me tell ya the roads north of Lake Stevens are fabulous, Brian and I traveled some great roads east of I-5 as far north as Mt Vernon, then croseed over to west side for a much needed lunch stop in Conway, then traveled north up Chuckanut drive to Bellingham , wow what a great road, then we worked our way home down the east side of I-5. Someday all you southern guys need to come up to see just what your missing. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
We have been on those roads over the past ten years or so. You are so right for they are great roads. We're due a ride up there and maybe an overnight near the Canada border.

We spent a small fortune at Gerbing today. We did a complete upgrade of our liners and added the heated insoles. What an improvement in comfort! Gerbing has a $50 rebate being offered for the old style jackets; sweet!

We'll try to make one of your north rides this year for sure...

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
2013 R1200GSW
> 26k miles!

post #11 of 14 Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 12:32 am

Glad you had great rides all around. I'm up for a "north" ride. It sounds like the roads are magnifeeeek!

Denny
post #12 of 14 Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 11:51 am

Ernie - I thought I saw an armored car heading north on I-5!!

Denny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieA
We have been on those roads over the past ten years or so. You are so right for they are great roads. We're due a ride up there and maybe an overnight near the Canada border.

We spent a small fortune at Gerbing today. We did a complete upgrade of our liners and added the heated insoles. What an improvement in comfort! Gerbing has a $50 rebate being offered for the old style jackets; sweet!

We'll try to make one of your north rides this year for sure...
post #13 of 14 Old Jan 26th, 2011, 6:15 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Do I even ask? Hijack! Gerbing Rebate

Quote:
\
What I meant to say (after reading what I wrote it came out WRONG) was Gerbing is doing a buy-back of their old "Wired" jackets in trade up to the new "Mesh" jackets. I bought one of the new jackets a year ago and have lost more weight and it is now too large. So I will offer it up here in the NW Forum for half price of $100 bones. The size is XL on the chest and Reg for the sleave length and Reg on torso length. It does not have a new controller, although I can set up a older style if that is what is needed. I'd suggest the new dual controller to regulate gloves and jacket separately.

Later,

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
2013 R1200GSW
> 26k miles!

post #14 of 14 Old Jan 28th, 2011, 12:13 am
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Do I even ask? Hijack! Gerbing Rebate

Quote:
What I meant to say (after reading what I wrote it came out WRONG) was Gerbing is doing a buy-back of their old "Wired" jackets in trade up to the new "Mesh" jackets. I bought one of the new jackets a year ago and have lost more weight and it is now too large. So I will offer it up here in the NW Forum for half price of $100 bones. The size is XL on the chest and Reg for the sleave length and Reg on torso length. It does not have a new controller, although I can set up a older style if that is what is needed. I'd suggest the new dual controller to regulate gloves and jacket separately.

Later,
The heated jacket is sold to an esteemed NW site rider. Most excellent!

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
2013 R1200GSW
> 26k miles!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in