Where to meet at Chief Joseph??? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old Jun 15th, 2009, 10:10 am Thread Starter

Where to meet at Chief Joseph???

John and I will be heading to the John Day on Thursday morning. Where would be a good place to try and meet others in the group??? What time??

Art Kester
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old Jun 15th, 2009, 10:29 am

Re: Where to meet at Chief Joseph???

Art,
As you enter the fairgrounds you will see the main building in front of you. Lets try to meet in the big field directly to the right of the end of the building. We are taking the longest, twistiest way to get there so we will not arrive until 6 or 7PM. See ya there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artk50
John and I will be heading to the John Day on Thursday morning. Where would be a good place to try and meet others in the group??? What time??

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #3 of 23 Old Jun 15th, 2009, 2:25 pm

Wink Re: Where to meet at Chief Joseph???

Hey Brian, who is we? Is Dan coming too? Or is it you and your Harley Buddy? just curious. I will be riding the Tiger!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 23 Old Jun 15th, 2009, 9:29 pm

I called Dan's cell phone and left a message a few days ago. You know how he likes his cell phone. I have not heard back from him. My buddy George on his Harley and another Friend Nick on his K75. And possibly Clayton?

Brian Ley
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
BMWOA 119892
post #5 of 23 Old Jun 15th, 2009, 9:41 pm

I have job interviews this week and won't know if I can go until the last minute. Needless to say, I really want to make this one and hope to see you all there!

Dan

Reelman
2006 K1200R (sun yellow) sold
2003 K1200LT (anthracite) sold
CCR's:
2005 Grand Teton, N.P.
2007 Osage Beach, MO
2008 Midway, UT
2009 Rapid City, SD
2011 Boise, ID
2013 Bend, OR

post #6 of 23 Old Jun 15th, 2009, 11:55 pm

Understand the importance of the job interviews Dan, and Good Luck with them! But, if time permits, we would all love to see ya there buddy!!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #7 of 23 Old Jun 16th, 2009, 12:09 pm

Looks like there is wine tasting in the RV park at 7 on Thursday. I'll be there!

Jeff K.

Salem, Oregon
2008 Silver R 1200 RT
post #8 of 23 Old Jun 16th, 2009, 7:13 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneGeek
Looks like there is wine tasting in the RV park at 7 on Thursday. I'll be there!
There will be some whisky tasting at my place. Can't handle those rowdy wino's.

Brian Ley
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
BMWOA 119892
post #9 of 23 Old Jun 16th, 2009, 11:41 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Smile Re: Where to meet at Chief Joseph???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
There will be some whisky tasting at my place. Can't handle those rowdy wino's.
Damn, Brian - you know how to hurt a whiskey fan. I did work Dan out this afternoon for a 250 miler to Pe Ell and back - got the GT check point and found one interesting cafe with a great home style cook and an opportunity to hear all the Pe Ell gossip if you hung around long enough. We leave in the wee hours for Europe and our Danube River Cruise with Michele's mother, back July 3rd. So, sip one for me.

Denny
post #10 of 23 Old Jun 17th, 2009, 12:43 am

Well enjoy the continent Denny! By the way, you were correct on the 5 cylinder engine. She does have some surprising pep! I made the purchase I was talking to you about. Maybe after your world travels I can cruise up and show her to ya.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by avonfloater
Damn, Brian - you know how to hurt a whiskey fan. I did work Dan out this afternoon for a 250 miler to Pe Ell and back - got the GT check point and found one interesting cafe with a great home style cook and an opportunity to hear all the Pe Ell gossip if you hung around long enough. We leave in the wee hours for Europe and our Danube River Cruise with Michele's mother, back July 3rd. So, sip one for me.

Denny

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #11 of 23 Old Jun 17th, 2009, 10:48 am

Denny,
I'll do that. Enjoy your trip! I hope you do not have travel thru Heathrow. Hate that airport.See ya when you get back.

Quote:

Denny

Brian Ley
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
BMWOA 119892
post #12 of 23 Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 1:34 pm

Another great rally, The weather could have been a little better but didn't stop us now did it. The roads around John day are perfect for riding. Thanks to John, Art, Clayton, and Nick for the great company. We all packed up camp in the rain, Which is always fun. The rain did quit on the way out of town though. The ride home to Condon was great. Some new roads and decent weather. From Condon to the Gorge was a little dicey. It was a little breezy!. Went over white pass and found some cold rain, But it is such a nice road except for the teenage girls who tried to kill us with their exceptional driving. We then detoured over hwy 123 to Mount Rainier. It had been in the mid seventies on the valley floor but at the pass on Rainier it was 36 degrees and raining, Hailing, and snowing all at the same time. My mirrors and face shield fogged up and made visability a challenge.

Brian Ley
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
BMWOA 119892
post #13 of 23 Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 2:47 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up Re: Where to meet at Chief Joseph???

It was a great ride and I'll be planning a return for next year. That is some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen. I'm glad to say that I really enjoyed the camping part as well. I proved to myself that I can NOT sleep well anywhere

It was great to see everyone and very unfortunate that George did not make it all the way to us. Brian you'll have to give us an update at some point on how much it cost to get his bike back in shape. Oh, and how he is doing too.

John an I didn't stop until we got to Prineville for a snack and some coffee. Like you, we had NO rain after leaving you at the junction. We did have a mild headwind to Madras where we found a Blizzard, food and gas. From there home we had strong winds, crappy traffic, rain and cold until we got into Portland.

Brian you didn't mention 2010 BMWOA rally announcement that it will be in Redmond, OR.

Art Kester
post #14 of 23 Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 4:17 pm

Wow, what a great rally. I had a wonderful time visiting with everyone, and yes the weather could have been better. John Day sure has some great roads that just seem to get better and better, just when you think the curves are over here come some more.

Brian, Nick, and myself sure lucked out with weather, since it sure looked as if the rain wouldn't stop while packing all our gear. Total miles for my trip 1202 not to shabby: just want to say thanks to John, Al, Brian, and Nick for all the company. I can't wait til next year.

Clayton
2003 K1200LTE 128k miles and counting
1999 GL1500A
2009 R1200GSA
post #15 of 23 Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 9:06 pm

Talking Re: Where to meet at Chief Joseph???

As others have already said, it was a great Rally! All though the weather forecasters need topratice up on what constitutes 80' in John Day. That is not what we saw! The roads are really great all around Eastern Oregon, and there is just no traffic whatsoever!

I am going to attach a few pics here just to prove some of us were actually there. In my case, you will just haveto accept the pic of my Tiger as proof that I was there. Someone had to snap the pictures!

(From my Hotel in DC)
John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4034.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	337.5 KB
ID:	23506   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4039.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	384.5 KB
ID:	23507   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4040.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	295.6 KB
ID:	23508   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4045.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	288.5 KB
ID:	23509  

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #16 of 23 Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 11:46 pm Thread Starter

I just want to know who this "Al" character was and why I didn't meet him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton
Wow, what a great rally. I had a wonderful time visiting with everyone, and yes the weather could have been better. John Day sure has some great roads that just seem to get better and better, just when you think the curves are over here come some more.

Brian, Nick, and myself sure lucked out with weather, since it sure looked as if the rain wouldn't stop while packing all our gear. Total miles for my trip 1202 not to shabby: just want to say thanks to John, Al, Brian, and Nick for all the company. I can't wait til next year.

Art Kester
post #17 of 23 Old Jul 5th, 2009, 7:00 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaFish
Well enjoy the continent Denny! By the way, you were correct on the 5 cylinder engine. She does have some surprising pep! I made the purchase I was talking to you about. Maybe after your world travels I can cruise up and show her to ya.

John
Congrats, John. You'll love the rig. Looking forward to seeing the new wheels.

Denny
post #18 of 23 Old Jul 5th, 2009, 7:02 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
Denny,
I'll do that. Enjoy your trip! I hope you do not have travel thru Heathrow. Hate that airport.See ya when you get back.
Hey Brian -

We did go through Heathrow both ways - the worst airport I have ever been in. They badly need an efficiency consultant! Beyond that, the trip was great.

Denny
post #19 of 23 Old Jul 5th, 2009, 7:07 pm
Lifetime Supporter

John -

Was that Art next to his palace in the background photo of your Tiger?

Denny
post #20 of 23 Old Jul 5th, 2009, 7:09 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
It was a great ride and I'll be planning a return for next year. That is some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen. I'm glad to say that I really enjoyed the camping part as well. I proved to myself that I can NOT sleep well anywhere

It was great to see everyone and very unfortunate that George did not make it all the way to us. Brian you'll have to give us an update at some point on how much it cost to get his bike back in shape. Oh, and how he is doing too.

John an I didn't stop until we got to Prineville for a snack and some coffee. Like you, we had NO rain after leaving you at the junction. We did have a mild headwind to Madras where we found a Blizzard, food and gas. From there home we had strong winds, crappy traffic, rain and cold until we got into Portland.

Brian you didn't mention 2010 BMWOA rally announcement that it will be in Redmond, OR.
Hey Art -

Glad you enjoyed the campout. Ready for the WA State rally in Republic now?

Denny
post #21 of 23 Old Jul 6th, 2009, 12:11 am Thread Starter

I think that must be Al that Clayton was talking about Yep it was me in the green shirt when just John and I were there.

Quote:
John -

Was that Art next to his palace in the background photo of your Tiger?

Denny

Art Kester
post #22 of 23 Old Jul 6th, 2009, 8:43 am

Talking Re: Where to meet at Chief Joseph???

Yep, like Art said, that was him relaxing by the palace before the rest of the crowd arrived! I never did meet this Al either though. Hey Clayton, who was Al?

John
Quote:
I think that must be Al that Clayton was talking about Yep it was me in the green shirt when just John and I were there.

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #23 of 23 Old Jul 6th, 2009, 1:48 pm

Sorry Art, just a type o!

Clayton
2003 K1200LTE 128k miles and counting
1999 GL1500A
2009 R1200GSA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in