Shoulder Fixed - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Jan 21st, 2006, 5:50 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Red face Shoulder Fixed

It looks like the doctor was able to put my shoulder back together yesterday. That is the good news. I have arthritis in the joint and that might cause me much trouble for recuperation and getting full use. Although it looks like I'll be able to keep riding, it isn't going to be without some level of pain.

I would like to ask a favor. Last weekends tech session took all day, and the extra repairs took the rest of my available time after work, therefore I still have the stingray and side panels to put back on. Can I get a volunteer to help? I'm not in too much of a hurry, however it pains me almost as much as my shoulder to see her in pieces. Can I bribe someone with lunch and beverage?

I'm sure looking forward to getting this shoulder issue behind me and get back on the dream-machine.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 R1200GSW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Jan 21st, 2006, 11:02 am

Smile Coast Guard to the Rescue!

Glad to hear you're on the mend Ernie! At least we hope. Don't worry about any bribes buddy, we'll put her back together for ya! Besides, Pauline took care of the bribing by preparing lunch for all of us at the Tech sessions!

We really do want to ride tomorrow, but I am sure this Old Coastie can find the time to drop over there today after lunch and have your beloved Bike back together in no time!

I'm working on a couple of small "Honey-do" items this morning, but will check back here in a little bit to see what would be the best show time.

Its all about helping ourselves Ernie, and you have already done more than your share by hosting the area Tech Sessions. Our turn!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #3 of 14 Old Jan 21st, 2006, 12:55 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Thumbs up

Thanks John. Give me a call on the cell (503.799.4026) and we'll get-'r-done. Boy, these drugs are doin' the job!

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!

post #4 of 14 Old Jan 21st, 2006, 1:30 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Dayle and I just made it back home last night. I still feel bad for leaving your green beauty spread all over the garage.

Thanks John for stepping up to the plate.

And good luck with the shoulder recovery.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #5 of 14 Old Jan 21st, 2006, 6:13 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Talking Thanks for all your help guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Dayle and I just made it back home last night. I still feel bad for leaving your green beauty spread all over the garage.

Thanks John for stepping up to the plate.

And good luck with the shoulder recovery.
We're glad you're home nice and safe. It must be nice to see the sun again, huh? We're sure having an ugly winter up here don't you think?

No worries about leaving the bike. I replaced the throttle cables with the '05 kit. I think I'll like the pull on 'em better than the old ones. I also replaced the cruise control cable. I replaced the grips too. I just flat ran out of time before the surgery. I want to thank you for the Clutch Slave R&R plus drilling the housing. I feel confident that if anyone wants to do theirs I could easily supervise the process until my shoulder is completely healed.

The green beauty is all back together thanks to John Fisher. I feel better going out in the shop and seeing her dressed to ride again. John took her out for a spin, ( in the rain, sorry John) and she seems to ride just fine. I might need to adjust the cruise control cable though.

We'll be able to get together the next time you're up, but I'll be cagin' for a couple months.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!

post #6 of 14 Old Jan 21st, 2006, 9:41 pm

Ernie,
I am glad your surgery went okay. And I'm glad your green machine is back in proper order. (John is a great guy) Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I could always ride down after work if necessary. Heal well my friend....

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #7 of 14 Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 12:28 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
Ernie,
I am glad your surgery went okay. And I'm glad your green machine is back in proper order. (John is a great guy) Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I could always ride down after work if necessary. Heal well my friend....
Thanks Brian. I'll give you a call soon.
Ernie

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!

post #8 of 14 Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 1:18 am

Talking

Hey, it always feels great if you can make yourself useful and help out one of our own gang! By the way Ernie, those throttle cables really did feel great, just in case I didn't mention it enough earlier. Kinda like butter! And the ride, as short as it was, still felt great. In fact a few of us are going for a short ride tomorrow as long as the weather cooperates. Can't hardly wait!

Brian, feel like cruising south a ways tomorrow? If so we might hook up for a short ride. Drop a line here or PM me if you're interested.

Rest up, do enjoy the drugs, and heel thyself Ernie!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #9 of 14 Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 5:22 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Even with the rotten weather, there were several days over the last couple of weeks that I really wished I'd had my bike. I'll probably be back up in early February, unless they delay (which would likely give me better weather overall). My preference is to ride up if I can, but we'll have to see when the dates get settled a bit better.

Either way, I'd be glad to come by and take care of your bike for you. Anything to help a friend.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #10 of 14 Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 10:10 am

Sorry I couldn't help out.

I would have rather worked on Ernie's bike than be in McMinnville doing mom in-law duties. Even though I really don't mind that either.

Glad to hear that shoulder and bike are both in good repair. Good luck on your rehab.
post #11 of 14 Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 10:31 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Smile Feelin' Mo-Betta

Quote:
Originally Posted by artk50
I would have rather worked on Ernie's bike than be in McMinnville doing mom in-law duties. Even though I really don't mind that either.

Glad to hear that shoulder and bike are both in good repair. Good luck on your rehab.
Thanks Art. John was a quick draw with the electric screw gun. All's well on the re-hab. Doing excercises already. 30 years ago they didn't let me move it much for two weeks. This might not taske as long to get back to "normal" as last time.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!

post #12 of 14 Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 10:43 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Where ya ridin' to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaFish
Hey, it always feels great if you can make yourself useful and help out one of our own gang! By the way Ernie, those throttle cables really did feel great, just in case I didn't mention it enough earlier. Kinda like butter! And the ride, as short as it was, still felt great. In fact a few of us are going for a short ride tomorrow as long as the weather cooperates. Can't hardly wait!

Brian, feel like cruising south a ways tomorrow? If so we might hook up for a short ride. Drop a line here or PM me if you're interested.

Rest up, do enjoy the drugs, and heel thyself Ernie!

John
I'm glad you liked the test ride. It was a damp one though.
Take some pics of the ride. Where ya goin' on your ride?

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!

post #13 of 14 Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 11:06 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Even with the rotten weather, there were several days over the last couple of weeks that I really wished I'd had my bike. I'll probably be back up in early February, unless they delay (which would likely give me better weather overall). My preference is to ride up if I can, but we'll have to see when the dates get settled a bit better.

Either way, I'd be glad to come by and take care of your bike for you. Anything to help a friend.
Come by and help me wear the ME880's out so we can put those BT020's on. I might get that tire changer by then. We'll put on a fresh litre of Dr. Peppa for ya.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!

post #14 of 14 Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 4:41 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Cool. Maybe next time you can just put the Dr. Pepper into an IV bag--it saves time and leaves the hands free to work faster.

My BT020 Bias tires are getting down there. At 10K miles so far the rear has outlasted all other tires for me, including the ME880. We'll see how they look after the White Stag Rally this weekend. Still not sure if I wanna go that route again, or just go back to the Avon/BT020 radial combo.

Take care of that shoulder, and do everything the nurse tells you to.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in