BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Dinner?

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  artk50 
#1 ·
Anyone up for a dinner meet? Maybe this Thursday the 12th?

Any good restaurant suggestions?

We'll be in the car, but Dayle will be able to join us this time.

Ken
Social Instigator

#3 · (Edited)
We're at the Mariott TownePlace in Hillsboro, just east of the airport on NE Cornell.

Dayle says Hooters is fine. Tasty wings and better scenery. :)

Or maybe Italian. We're easy.

#4 ·
Art mentioned an Irish Pub as a possibility. I don't mind staying west of I5, except that makes Ernie & Pauline's journey longer. I'm also wide open as to time, as I can set my own hours at work.

But someone's gotta make a suggestion for time and place. I just picked the date. :)

#6 ·
Ken -

Traffic can sometimes be a bear (especially w/ no lane-splitting), but if you are thinking pubs check out:

BridgePort Brew Pub
1313 NW Marshall St
Portland, OR 97209
(503) 241-3612

Blue Heron, India Pale, BridgePort Porter...plus really great pizza - and free covered level parking in warehouse on Marshall across from entrance.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Time and place

I'm fine with about any time and place. I've only been to one PF Changs and it was in Vegas. Poor service, small portions, and to expensive for what I got. But so much of how any place is depends on the location and I've not been to this one. My friends like it for cocktails and I'm game to give it a whirl.

Other thoughts:
Chang's Mongolian Grill
Cornelius Pass Road House (McMenamins)
O' Brians
Outback (especially if Pauline and Ernie are joining us)
Jaun Colorado's

Whoever is coming from far away should say what time.

#9 ·
it's none of my business since i won't be there, but i've had nothing but good experiences at changs. i go to hillsboro fairly often on business and usually eat there. but i guess i should add that i love chinese food.

you guys have fun and try to stay dry.

#10 ·
Well now, as long as we're talking about Chang's, I like Mongolian too! And you can bet I'll get 2 bowls worth! But still remain flexible to any specific taste buds out there.

as far as time goes, I would opt for 6 PM if that fits everyone else's schedule. Should give us enough time to get home first and still make it there. Unless we have someone from further away attending (like across the river?). Then, like Art says, they should have the say so on when!

John

#11 ·
I am not saying that PF Chang's in Hillsboro because I've not been to that particular one. The only one that I went to was not so good and I wouldn't bother. But if people would like to go to PF Chang's in Hillsboro, I'll be more than happy to give it a try. That was all I was trying to say.

Now Changs Mongolian Grill just off of 26 is one of my favorite places to go for lunch. And like John said, I'll probably go back for seconds.

It's all good to me. Especially in this type of situation when the food is secondary really. The company is primary.

#12 ·
We will try to make it...

artk50 said:
Whoever is coming from far away should say what time.

We are doubtful for this event anyway, so you all pick a place and time. I have to leave for work at 9 PM so partaking of the elixir-of-hop is out of the question.
We would not want to take two cars, so we would have to find a place close to the east side that I could bring Pauline home in time to leave for work. If you all are within striking distance for something around 6:30 we could join you. Anyone know what's good to eat down on Macadam Ave these days? Perhaps we could make it that far, but we'll have to wait and see what time I get off work tomorrow.

#13 ·
OK, let's do P F Chang's at 6:30 p.m. It's at 19320 NW Emma Way, Hillsboro (503) 533-4580.

If Ernie & Pauline can make it that's great; if not then we'll see you guys on Saturday.

I may be around for a couple of days next week as well, and will be up several times over the next few months. Of course, y'all can get together anytime, whether I'm here to instigate or not . . .

#14 ·
It sounds like we should make reservations.

P F Chang's
6:30 p.m.
19320 NW Emma Way
Hillsboro
(503) 533-4580

2. Ken & Dayle
4. John & Marilyn
6. Art & Marcia
8. ?

#16 ·
We are set.

I've made the reservation for 6 @ 6:30 this evening. The reservation is under Art, reservation # H1835

If anyone else decides to come please call then an increase the number.

PF Chang's
Tanasbourne
19320 NW Emma Way
Hillsboro, OR 97124
Phone:
(503) 533-4580

See you there.

#18 ·
Hey, look at it this way, your camera still has an intact lens Ken! We enjoyed the company also! See you Saturday morning.

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.